new game mode

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
oslash

new game mode

Post by oslash » Sat May 25, 2019 6:55 pm

wily's challenge is okay but unlike the plumber's game megaman games have a lot of key features that mega maker misses completely, these being stage select, getting weapons in any order, so i would like to add a new mode that emulates the experience of a full megaman game

my suggestion is to add a checkbox to the level editor as a flag that the level is applicable for this new mode, selecting it will add the the following restrictions
- either buster only or the mega buster is required to be the main weapon and test run must be done buster only, any other weapons added would only be usable outside of the new mode
- there must be exactly one boss
- party ball/energy element disabled
- weapon capsules, character capsules and weapon removers disabled
- weapon barriers/blocks are allowed but since the test run must be done buster only, these must not be required to be destroyed

upon starting this new mode it will load 6-8 random levels flagged as applicable with different bosses, save them locally, set the weapon data to the ones from the bosses from those levels and make a stage select out of it
the skip function would get a new level with the same boss
upon beating a stage, its boss weapon unlocks for the other stages
upon beating all stages 3 random levels are selected for the wily stages, similar to the wily challenge
the 4th wily stage would be a dev-made stage with the capsules with the boss rematches from the main stages on standard arenas

Additional posible features:
- filter/force player abilities options
- character select
- upon completing the boss rematches there could be a wily machine final boss exclusive for this mode, since this boss would only appear on a dev-made stage it won't glitch
- another flag for wily stages with less restrictions
- save/load system so you can leave a run and finish it later
- upon generation make sure there is a weakness chain on the boss selection
- maybe some kind of shop system so you could buy lives, e-tanks and some weapons? this one is a bit hard since there are no bolts in this game, maybe you could get this currency by rating levels after beating them? it would be a great incentive to do so

as a final note i recommend just adding the checkbox to add the restrictions and release the mode itself on another update once there is a decent number of levels to choose from for each boss

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Re: new game mode

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Ok, since nobody is going to say anything about this topic I might as well.

I like this idea and the idea of having a check mark system so players don't have to worry about random levels all the time. Plus the restrictions you had so things are not random, and the number of stage per play. Adding the 6-8 robot master, the 3 wily stage, and dev-made final stage means up to 10-12 stages. I also like the extra features like a shop, saving, and character select.

But the rematch part may be hard to add along with mode it self. Again its a good idea but we may not see it come into play for a while.

On a side note this was kind of my intention for the wily challenge it self.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709

???: ha ha ha

Redcrazykirby

Post by Redcrazykirby » Sun May 26, 2019 11:10 pm

I'd really like something like this, especially for the MMPU demake I'm making.

But I dont know if we're gonna see something like that soon :/

Try my own version of a MMPU demake => MEGAMAN 1 UPGRADED

oslash

Post by oslash » Tue May 28, 2019 3:01 am

Redcrazykirby wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:10 pm
I'd really like something like this, especially for the MMPU demake I'm making.

But I dont know if we're gonna see something like that soon :/
well, the idea is to get random levels, yet manually input the level codes to select the levels would be cool
but since custom challenge castle is on the deconfirmed features list for whatever reason i doubt they would do it for this mode
supersmashgaming wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 pm
I like this idea and the idea of having a check mark system so players don't have to worry about random levels all the time.
the idea of the restrictions is so it is possible to beat the level with any set of weapons, since you would start the mode with just the buster (and maybe rush coil/jet) but i get why people would want to filter those random levels that forces you to use mechanics that are not possible on the main games
supersmashgaming wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 pm
But the rematch part may be hard to add along with mode it self. Again its a good idea but we may not see it come into play for a while.
i don't get why would this be hard, its just a level with 6-8 teleports with 6-8 1x1 rooms with a boss in every room
the only thing that's not already in the game would be to take which boss was on every level, which is probably just changing an id number
the boss rematch is not entirely necessary tho, its just that a full megaman game without one would be weird

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Wed May 29, 2019 9:54 pm

this is a very interesting idea. Could I make a suggestion based on your idea in the MMM Discord?

oslash

Post by oslash » Fri May 31, 2019 1:48 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:54 pm
this is a very interesting idea. Could I make a suggestion based on your idea in the MMM Discord?
sure, why not