Clear Conditions need to be added to Mega Man Maker 1.6

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
yotubesocialhd2

Clear Conditions need to be added to Mega Man Maker 1.6

Post by yotubesocialhd2 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:24 pm

The various Clear Conditions that i saw in the Super Mario Maker 2 direct needs to be added into Mega Man Maker 1.6! The clear conditions could be to defeat a certain number of enemies before completing the level ,collect a certain number of e-tanks before completing the level ,and etc.! :D

Neo Cutman

Re: Clear Conditions need to be added to Mega Man Maker 1.6

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon May 27, 2019 6:44 pm

I like the idea of ​​Clear Conditions, but I do not think it would work with enemies because they reappear if the player comes out and comes back on the screen. Instead of e-tanks the player could be catch some amount of Energy Elements or even hit many Party Balls. It could work with Robot Masters too.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Mon May 27, 2019 8:22 pm

In a way, we already have this. We have Energy Elements, Party Balls and Robot Masters, and can decide which Robot Masters end the levels and which don't. And we can also use weapons as a victory condition by locking the goal or keys behind obstacles only these weapons can bypass, or the keys themselves we can make into a victory condition if we lock the exit behind a number of doors.

See? We already have plenty of victory conditions we can throw in!
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Knight123x

Post by Knight123x » Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:22 pm
In a way, we already have this. We have Energy Elements, Party Balls and Robot Masters, and can decide which Robot Masters end the levels and which don't. And we can also use weapons as a victory condition by locking the goal or keys behind obstacles only these weapons can bypass, or the keys themselves we can make into a victory condition if we lock the exit behind a number of doors.

Um, thats not really victory conditions. thats just using your tools in a really advanced way at best, and gimmicky at worst. dont hate on me, just being honest.
Professional Time traveler, World traveler, Ki user, Swordsman, Chip connoisseur, and Autistic kid.
(Really hoping i don't end up becoming a anime protagonist...)

MeowLord

Post by MeowLord » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 pm

Knight123x wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm
LeonardMan wrote:

Um, thats not really victory conditions. thats just using your tools in a really advanced way at best, and gimmicky at worst. dont hate on me, just being honest.
^ Actually, they had plenty ways to "use their tools in a really advanced way" to make clear conditions in Mario Maker 1 before the clear conditions were added to 2. See Ceave Gaming's dangerous list of evil on Youtube for more information.
So adding clear conditions to MMM would be no different.
I like Ring Man the best. Don't argue. If you think I'm wrong, we can take this outside. :twisted:

Knight123x

Post by Knight123x » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 am

MeowLord wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 pm
Knight123x wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm
LeonardMan wrote:

^ Actually, they had plenty ways to "use their tools in a really advanced way" to make clear conditions in Mario Maker 1 before the clear conditions were added to 2. See Ceave Gaming's dangerous list of evil on Youtube for more information.
So adding clear conditions to MMM would be no different.
Ookay, im late on this. What you are saying is almost what i mean. almost. Its using what you have in super advanced ways. But im talking about how thats NOT actually a victory condition. For example, lets use one of Leonard's examples! First, the weapon doors. Using these is not victory conditions since if you play through the stage, You will most likely have the weapon anyways. And there is also the problem of weapon energy, But i wont get into that. The same thing applys to the keys. If you play through normally, Its very likely you will have it already. Now you can poke holes in my argument.
Professional Time traveler, World traveler, Ki user, Swordsman, Chip connoisseur, and Autistic kid.
(Really hoping i don't end up becoming a anime protagonist...)

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 am

I like the clear conditions, but no, just no. The difference between Mega Man and Mario will not support it (and some clear conditions can be replicated already by now). I'd rather suggest adding red targets that appear in Mega Man 10's challenges, which require player to seek and destroy all of them to clear the level.
[THE MAD KAIZO LAND]
[ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND]
[THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND]
[THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND]
[ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND]
If you have a good level and want me to play it, feel free to send it to me.

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 am
I like the clear conditions, but no, just no. The difference between Mega Man and Mario will not support it (and some clear conditions can be replicated already by now). I'd rather suggest adding red targets that appear in Mega Man 10's challenges, which require player to seek and destroy all of them to clear the level.
That sounds cool! Also the challenges in powered up would be nice.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:
That sounds nice, especially since we could use that to make a "Break the Targets!" type level.
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course (and 1.6).
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:11 am

This is months old but after thinking about it having options to make Challenges like in PU would be amazing,

Clear Condition: Kill a certain number of enemies, don't get hit, get to the end, and destroy a certain number of party balloons would be cool.
Time Limit: 1:00-10:00 or Infinite, it would add a bit of pressure and would make speedrun levels possible.

Challenges would be marked by something and you would be able to sort whether theres no challenges, all challenges, or a mix.

It would add SO much variety and would get the people who left because of lack of variety back into it.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Technically clear conditions already exist in MMM, just not a huge variety of them. It boils down to how level makers make their levels.

*Killing one or all enemy bosses to finish a level
*Collecting a certain number of keys or all Keys to finish a level
*Collecting all Powers or utilities to finish a level

So for a large part, clear conditions are already in the game. Wouldn't hurt to have a few more variations, but I'd hardly see it as a priority. :\

Wouldn't mind seeing the bolts added like mentioned in the bolts without shops thread. Some clear requirements could be built around that.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:
I'd rather suggest adding red targets that appear in Mega Man 10's challenges, which require player to seek and destroy all of them to clear the level.
These would be most welcome. If we could also have something that is a hitbox with a health meter then all manner of stages - like Wiley machines and battle rooms - could be made.