On Deconfirmed Features

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
MeowLord

On Deconfirmed Features

Post by MeowLord » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 pm

First, I want to point out that any of these may change abruptly (for better or worse) and make this list obsolete. I will try to update it every now and then, but no promises.

I am going to talk about the different things in the decomfirmed features list, and try my best to explain them, and give a simpler alternative to one of the features.

Alright, so first things first:
1. Reverse gravity - This... hmm. How to go about this? It'd be quite a glitchy addition, and I don't really see a point to it. Anyone who is more interested in this feature feel free to state your thoughts below.

2. A mobile or console version of MMM - A console version is out of the question, to start. It just wouldn't feel like MMM on a console, but the chief argument is probably that it would cost money, and unless Wrecking Programs is choking in spare cash and is OK with spending weeks of work on a port for a project that just wouldn't pay off in the long run, there is no reason. A mobile version has similar chief arguments, and although it would be helpful to some, (not me - I use a pc for everything) it would still be a load of work and money, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. Anyways, he'd have to be updating TWO different versions of MMM as well, and that sounds like a crazy headache.

3. Text boxes/NPCs - This is actually the reason I started this post, because I got a great idea a while ago. So, this as a feature would be tons of work, not to mention crazy glitchy. But the real reason it is on the list is because of the millions of immature crazy people out there that would not give anyone a break from their junk talk were they allowed this weapon. The already-massive level list would be FILLED with crap levels that include tons of text boxes with cuss words sprayed across the screen. And the time spent trying to control this would significantly hamper (if not completely destroy) the progress on updates and any system to work it out automatically would take forever and most likely cause a ton of problems.

My solution - This idea stems from another idea I had that is in the bonus suggestions section below. I think that instead of using a type box for the textboxes, it would be better to have a list of words that the players could click on and create sentences that way. Or don't have textboxes at all, and do my idea below instead.

4. Proto/Break man and Bass as mid-bosses - I really don't know why these wouldn't be allowed. Or maybe I should say, since the multi-bosses update I don't know why this wouldn't be allowed. Since that update, normal bosses can be used as mini bosses, so all this would take is making Proto man and Bass BOSSES. Not mid-bosses, which would take some crazy coding to initiate a new system for a new type of boss. The bosses update of 1.5 was probably one of the most powerful things I've seen yet, as it opens up Wily bosses, Yellow Demon bosses and so on, without having to make any sort of complications. The only reason I can see for this still being up there is the same reasons as the no-bosses-that-don't-work-on-bumpy-flooring thing. Because with 1.5, a Bass boss would just be the same as the other bosses.

5. 16 or 32 bit art style - This is so obvious I don't even need to explain it. I mean, it would be cool and all, but can you even imagine the work? It would be harder than making this game over from scratch three times (or maybe I'm exaggerating), add a new mode and tons of glitches and problems. And that's assuming we only do a 16-bit art mode! Let alone the 32-bit or both! Plus, this game is pretty much built for Mega Man classic and doesn't need anything else to complete it.

6. Adapters for Proto Man and Bass - Need we say more? There is no point to having adapters and anyway, Bass technically already has one if you count the flying and shooting three shots Treble-combine thingy-ma-gigger. In fact, isn't that an adapter? Wait a minute...

7. Specific bosses which don't work well with uneven terrain - What a long name just to say we aren't getting a complete Mega Man. I don't know why this is on there, the only reason I can come up with is glitchy-ness, which makes sense, I guess... I just hope this changes eventually. I mean, if the maker of a level puts in a boss which doesn't work well in that level he can just change it after all.

8. Shops - Same as with reverse gravity and adapters, I don't really see a point to this either. It can sit on that list and rot, because we already basically HAVE shops using keys, and I would rather see makers become as creative as they can and come up with other ways for shops instead of Wrecking Programs wrecking his back trying to please a mob of people who want a feature that doesn't even matter in the long run.

9. Filters for level difficulty - To be honest, I'm still processing this. I think it means that a tag won't be added to each and every level depending on how hard it is, so players can know what they're about to get into before they start a level. I don't understand why anyone would want such a useless and tiny thing. You COULD allow a mild tagging-in-general system, but whatever. Moving right along...

10. Custom challenge castles - I'll admit, this caught me off guard a bit, mainly because I had never though of it before. Custom challenge castles are a sort-of-new thing, and changing them might not be such a good idea right now when we can be focusing on actually fun stuff.

That's it for now! Leave your thoughts below (I sound like Super Carlin brothers), and tell me what you think.

Bonus suggestions -
1. More signs would be great, specifically signs which have words or pictures on them which convey a commonly used message to the player. E.g. A danger sign, a 'jump down here' sign, a safety sign, a 'correct' and 'wrong' signs for, say, maze levels, a sign for each of the robot masters would be great, and countless other signs which could tell players things without EVER needing to ask for NPCs and textboxes again! Just put a sign of your choice for the textbox, and maybe a non-hostile monster for an NPC and wallah! No more problems.
2. You know what would be awesome? A toggle-box to make your checkpoints invisible. Yessir, with this dandy item you never have to worry about placing too many checkpoints and causing the game screen to be filled with tiny purple dots. Let's be honest, it would be better. But no pressure on anything here, of course. Just suggestions.
3. You know, the only thing keeping me from a great contraption in MMM is that simple annoying fact that absolutely NOTHING effects enemies and bosses. I've tried it all! Lift/drop/Cossack/ring and coil platforms, even Astro buttons!If I could just have one item that is effected by enemies without intervention from Mega Man, that would be amazing. I'm waiting for the day...
4. I think Pharaoh shot should be a fire-based weapon. Wait, what point? Oh, no point. I just thought it should be able to light TNT and oil.

And that's it! Thanks for your time.
I like Ring Man the best. Don't argue. If you think I'm wrong, we can take this outside. :twisted:

LeonardMan

Re: On Deconfirmed Features

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 pm

1. Reverse gravity: You're mostly right with this one. I personally think reverse gravity should affect ONLY the player characters (but not necessarily their shots, even if they're from ground-crawler weapons), two enemies (the Adhering Suzy and Gravitron) and Gravity Man. NOTHING ELSE!

4. Proto/Break man and Bass as mid-bosses: Agreed with you 100%, make them full-fledged bosses instead, without special weapons (and add Mega Man so that you can fight the classic Mega Man vs. Bass from Bass's side). Protoman with his MM7 AI, Bass also with his MM7 AI but only from his first encounter (like you said, this one would actually work because his room is already irregular), and Mega Man... Probably with the Copy Robot's AI from MM1 without special weapons or with the "Mega Man?" boss's AI from Powered Up.

10. Custom challenge castles: The idea with this was to use it to make a "fangame" (notice my Mr. Gimmick and Castle of Illusion series of levels in my signature). but now we can make metroidvania levels so it's no longer really necessary except to dodge the long loading time of such a huge level.
MeowLord wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 pm
4. I think Pharaoh shot should be a fire-based weapon. Wait, what point? Oh, no point. I just thought it should be able to light TNT and oil.
Agreed because the sun is made of fire, and Pharaoh Shot is a miniature sun.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

anthonytheredbear
Discord: https://discord.gg/PkppvA

Post by anthonytheredbear » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:52 pm

MeowLord wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 pm
First, I want to point out that any of these may change abruptly (for better or worse) and make this list obsolete. I will try to update it every now and then, but no promises.

I am going to talk about the different things in the decomfirmed features list, and try my best to explain them, and give a simpler alternative to one of the features.

Alright, so first things first:
1. Reverse gravity - This... hmm. How to go about this? It'd be quite a glitchy addition, and I don't really see a point to it. Anyone who is more interested in this feature feel free to state your thoughts below.

2. A mobile or console version of MMM - A console version is out of the question, to start. It just wouldn't feel like MMM on a console, but the chief argument is probably that it would cost money, and unless Wrecking Programs is choking in spare cash and is OK with spending weeks of work on a port for a project that just wouldn't pay off in the long run, there is no reason. A mobile version has similar chief arguments, and although it would be helpful to some, (not me - I use a pc for everything) it would still be a load of work and money, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. Anyways, he'd have to be updating TWO different versions of MMM as well, and that sounds like a crazy headache.

3. Text boxes/NPCs - This is actually the reason I started this post, because I got a great idea a while ago. So, this as a feature would be tons of work, not to mention crazy glitchy. But the real reason it is on the list is because of the millions of immature crazy people out there that would not give anyone a break from their junk talk were they allowed this weapon. The already-massive level list would be FILLED with crap levels that include tons of text boxes with cuss words sprayed across the screen. And the time spent trying to control this would significantly hamper (if not completely destroy) the progress on updates and any system to work it out automatically would take forever and most likely cause a ton of problems.

My solution - This idea stems from another idea I had that is in the bonus suggestions section below. I think that instead of using a type box for the textboxes, it would be better to have a list of words that the players could click on and create sentences that way. Or don't have textboxes at all, and do my idea below instead.

4. Proto/Break man and Bass as mid-bosses - I really don't know why these wouldn't be allowed. Or maybe I should say, since the multi-bosses update I don't know why this wouldn't be allowed. Since that update, normal bosses can be used as mini bosses, so all this would take is making Proto man and Bass BOSSES. Not mid-bosses, which would take some crazy coding to initiate a new system for a new type of boss. The bosses update of 1.5 was probably one of the most powerful things I've seen yet, as it opens up Wily bosses, Yellow Demon bosses and so on, without having to make any sort of complications. The only reason I can see for this still being up there is the same reasons as the no-bosses-that-don't-work-on-bumpy-flooring thing. Because with 1.5, a Bass boss would just be the same as the other bosses.

5. 16 or 32 bit art style - This is so obvious I don't even need to explain it. I mean, it would be cool and all, but can you even imagine the work? It would be harder than making this game over from scratch three times (or maybe I'm exaggerating), add a new mode and tons of glitches and problems. And that's assuming we only do a 16-bit art mode! Let alone the 32-bit or both! Plus, this game is pretty much built for Mega Man classic and doesn't need anything else to complete it.

6. Adapters for Proto Man and Bass - Need we say more? There is no point to having adapters and anyway, Bass technically already has one if you count the flying and shooting three shots Treble-combine thingy-ma-gigger. In fact, isn't that an adapter? Wait a minute...

7. Specific bosses which don't work well with uneven terrain - What a long name just to say we aren't getting a complete Mega Man. I don't know why this is on there, the only reason I can come up with is glitchy-ness, which makes sense, I guess... I just hope this changes eventually. I mean, if the maker of a level puts in a boss which doesn't work well in that level he can just change it after all.

8. Shops - Same as with reverse gravity and adapters, I don't really see a point to this either. It can sit on that list and rot, because we already basically HAVE shops using keys, and I would rather see makers become as creative as they can and come up with other ways for shops instead of Wrecking Programs wrecking his back trying to please a mob of people who want a feature that doesn't even matter in the long run.

9. Filters for level difficulty - To be honest, I'm still processing this. I think it means that a tag won't be added to each and every level depending on how hard it is, so players can know what they're about to get into before they start a level. I don't understand why anyone would want such a useless and tiny thing. You COULD allow a mild tagging-in-general system, but whatever. Moving right along...

10. Custom challenge castles - I'll admit, this caught me off guard a bit, mainly because I had never though of it before. Custom challenge castles are a sort-of-new thing, and changing them might not be such a good idea right now when we can be focusing on actually fun stuff.

That's it for now! Leave your thoughts below (I sound like Super Carlin brothers), and tell me what you think.

Bonus suggestions -
1. More signs would be great, specifically signs which have words or pictures on them which convey a commonly used message to the player. E.g. A danger sign, a 'jump down here' sign, a safety sign, a 'correct' and 'wrong' signs for, say, maze levels, a sign for each of the robot masters would be great, and countless other signs which could tell players things without EVER needing to ask for NPCs and textboxes again! Just put a sign of your choice for the textbox, and maybe a non-hostile monster for an NPC and wallah! No more problems.
2. You know what would be awesome? A toggle-box to make your checkpoints invisible. Yessir, with this dandy item you never have to worry about placing too many checkpoints and causing the game screen to be filled with tiny purple dots. Let's be honest, it would be better. But no pressure on anything here, of course. Just suggestions.
3. You know, the only thing keeping me from a great contraption in MMM is that simple annoying fact that absolutely NOTHING effects enemies and bosses. I've tried it all! Lift/drop/Cossack/ring and coil platforms, even Astro buttons!If I could just have one item that is effected by enemies without intervention from Mega Man, that would be amazing. I'm waiting for the day...

And that's it! Thanks for your time.
hmmmm
F I R E M A N
H E A T M A N
https://discord.gg/Es83VR

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 pm
1. Reverse gravity: You're mostly right with this one. I personally think reverse gravity should affect ONLY the player characters (but not necessarily their shots, even if they're from ground-crawler weapons), two enemies (the Adhering Suzy and Gravitron) and Gravity Man. NOTHING ELSE!
interesting suggestion, if it only affects a few weapons like the Flame Sword or Power adaptor would make other projectile weapons limited and this could be used as a challenge for the player.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:34 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 pm

4. Proto/Break man and Bass as mid-bosses: Agreed with you 100%, make them full-fledged bosses instead, without special weapons (and add Mega Man so that you can fight the classic Mega Man vs. Bass from Bass's side). Protoman with his MM7 AI, Bass also with his MM7 AI but only from his first encounter (like you said, this one would actually work because his room is already irregular), and Mega Man... Probably with the Copy Robot's AI from MM1 without special weapons or with the "Mega Man?" boss's AI from Powered Up.
that's what I think, they can be included as normal bosses, these suggested AIs would work perfectly.
Maybe the ​​megaman AI could use the Power Adapter or the Jet Adapter.

But only the Copy Robot when included could use RM weapons.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:34 pm

RM weapons is too much work, there's too many of them and the game would have to check which weapons the player has on him for that level. It's too complicated.

Things like Rush Adapter Mega Man or Treble Boost Bass (MM7 Wily Stage 2) should probably be separate bosses from their non-adapter counterparts.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:18 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:34 pm

RM weapons is too much work, there's too many of them and the game would have to check which weapons the player has on him for that level. It's too complicated.

Things like Rush Adapter Mega Man or Treble Boost Bass (MM7 Wily Stage 2) should probably be separate bosses from their non-adapter counterparts.

that's true, Copy Robot with all RM weapons would be very laborious, but he would certainly be the most versatile boss we could have in the game because of the variety of attacks, he would have to be the big thing of an update..

5h0ck

Post by 5h0ck » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:44 pm

for number 4 my best guess as to maybe why this isn't in yet is that they tried and there were conflicting glitches when the playable versions were around. again that's just my guess I'm probably wrong.

as for the art styles, they really don't have to be a separate mode, it can all be its own tile set using the already existing code.

even X's code can be taken from Bass as his dash works like X's, they'd need to add wall jump stuff but everything else is already existing in some shape or form.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
"Super Adaptor" Bass is the boss from MM7 Wily 2.

"Treble Boost" Bass is the boss from MM8 Wily 3.

They are completely different forms.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
"Super Adaptor" Bass is the boss from MM7 Wily 2.

"Treble Boost" Bass is the boss from MM8 Wily 3.

They are completely different forms.
Good, another man of culture
turnip