Ring Boomerang picks up more stuff

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Ring Boomerang picks up more stuff

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:45 pm

R. Boomerang is able to take certain pickcups and bring them back to you, making for some intresting reward challenges. It can pick up small and large energies, small and large healths, and lives.

Why can't it pick up E and M tanks, yashichis, or keys though? I think this could create more potential for metroidvanias and make the weapon more useful in general. I guess the same goes for hornet chaser.

This is a good idea, yes?
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

Megamanvwxyz

Re: Ring Boomerang picks up more stuff

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:45 pm
R. Boomerang is able to take certain pickcups and bring them back to you, making for some intresting reward challenges. It can pick up small and large energies, small and large healths, and lives.

Why can't it pick up E and M tanks, yashichis, or keys though? I think this could create more potential for metroidvanias and make the weapon more useful in general. I guess the same goes for hornet chaser.

This is a good idea, yes?
No it's not a good idea, it's a great idea! I never understood why they didn't make it pick up keys, tanks, and yashichis. Also your right, needing Ring Boomerang or Hornet Chaser to collect some keys could create more potential for metroidvanias and make the weapon more useful in general.
Help! I'm glitching.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Hornet chaser doesn't need to pick up more items, that'd just make it too powerful.

Okay yes alright okay

TheCreativeEye
Discord: TheCreativeEye#0160

Post by TheCreativeEye » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Hell yeah, make hornet chaser pick up energy elements so I can make a level where you have to platform on gyro blocks while running away from the hornet with the energy element
Music changer for 1.6 or devs gae
(Still made the Scloof™ Turret)

Megamanvwxyz

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 am

TheCreativeEye wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 pm
Hell yeah, make hornet chaser pick up energy elements so I can make a level where you have to platform on gyro blocks while running away from the hornet with the energy element
That doesn't make any sense, if you made such a level and I played it, I could just let the hornet bring me the energy element and end the level.
Help! I'm glitching.

TheCreativeEye
Discord: TheCreativeEye#0160

Post by TheCreativeEye » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:59 am

Megamanvwxyz wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 am
TheCreativeEye wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 pm
That doesn't make any sense, if you made such a level and I played it, I could just let the hornet bring me the energy element and end the level.
You see, if you touch the energy element while standing on any kind of disappearing/falling block that is above the pit, you'll die because you're immobilized, the player becomes invincible only when the victory track starts playing
Last edited by TheCreativeEye on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music changer for 1.6 or devs gae
(Still made the Scloof™ Turret)

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Bean man wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:34 pm
Hornet chaser doesn't need to pick up more items, that'd just make it too powerful.
Leaf Shield and Dive Torpedo have entered the chat
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 pm

in my opinion, the Ring boomerang pick up E-tanks or Yashichis and keys would be a good idea as I think this weapon has become a bit obsolete compared to the Hornet Chaser.

DoctorLumen

Post by DoctorLumen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 pm
in my opinion, the Ring boomerang pick up E-tanks or Yashichis and keys would be a good idea as I think this weapon has become a bit obsolete compared to the Hornet Chaser.
More like level designers have two similar tools to make levels with. Which you pick depends on how you want the level played.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Considering in 4 (not counting the gb version) it didn't even pick up items and it's still a powerful projectile it's nowhere near outclassed. Instead, when Magic card is added it'd just be a weaker version of Ring boomerang with the ability to go up, meaning it'd hardly be worth using when compared.

Okay yes alright okay

5h0ck

Post by 5h0ck » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:28 am

Honestly I want this for ALL boomerangs.