Frost Man

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Post Reply
User avatar
ihazkirbro
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Frost Man

Post by ihazkirbro » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am

Frost Man, simply put, He would fit if He was tweaked a bit, let Me explain why.
But first, if you haven't played or seen MegaMan 8, watch this video of his boss battle for context.



I can list a couple reasons why he would fit:
First off, he jumps, this is huge, as most bosses don't get in because of uneven terrain, and a jump that big would make terrain navigation much easier.
Second, his main attack (Ice Wave) goes around tiles like search snake, we just don't see it because he is in a flat arena in MM8, this is also huge, as a Boss that can jump to navigate, as well as his weapon being able to navigate well too, would be easier to put in.

As for the attacks that wont be easy to implement, such as the ice cubes on the ceiling, those can be removed for balancing reasons, Because with them, he would be too strong.
One more thing, some of you might be thinking "he is too big, he will never be in the game", well, lets remember what Nintendo did when adding Ridley to SSBU, the same could happen here, just shrink him down a bit!
I'm mostly a Megaman 8 Bit Deathmatch player, but this games good too.
Image

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: Frost Man

Post by Bean man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:37 am

ihazkirbro wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
As for the attacks that wont be easy to implement, such as the ice cubes on the ceiling, those can be removed for balancing reasons, Because with them, he would be too strong.
He wouldn't. Just because he'd have an extra attack doesn't make him harder, it just means he's more engaging, and that attack can cover an entire screen meaning he'd work even in a box. It's already very easy to dodge anyways. Programming shouldn't be hard either since they can just come offscreen like scrap when Grenade man uses Flash bomb (of course not the same, since they actually come out in a set pattern).
Image

Okay yes alright okay

User avatar
D-Man
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Frost Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 am

Overall, Frost Man doesn't seem like he would break too much, as he jumps around 4 tiles high, and his weapon climbs walls like you said. The ice block attack should be kept in, as it can simply spawn from the top of the screen, and would allow him to threaten the player even when boxed in, like Bean man said. However, I'm mostly worried about the wall slam he does after Mega gets caught in his Ice Wave. What would happen if there was no wall / a bottomless pit?
Regarding his size, the Weapons Archive sprite of him from MM10 could be used as a template, and he would be about as big as Hard/Astro/Shade/Concrete Man (who all take up 3x3 tiles).
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

User avatar
ihazkirbro
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Re: Frost Man

Post by ihazkirbro » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:56 am

Bean man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:37 am
ihazkirbro wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
As for the attacks that wont be easy to implement, such as the ice cubes on the ceiling, those can be removed for balancing reasons, Because with them, he would be too strong.
He wouldn't. Just because he'd have an extra attack doesn't make him harder, it just means he's more engaging, and that attack can cover an entire screen meaning he'd work even in a box. It's already very easy to dodge anyways. Programming shouldn't be hard either since they can just come offscreen like scrap when Grenade man uses Flash bomb (of course not the same, since they actually come out in a set pattern).
Wow, i didn't even think about that, i completely agree!
I'm mostly a Megaman 8 Bit Deathmatch player, but this games good too.
Image

LeonardMan
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Frost Man

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:11 pm

YES, PLEASE! I really want any ice-theme Robot Masters we can get!

As for the ceiling ice cube attack, I have an idea: Make them placeable by the player wherever he wants them to fall from. Frost Man doesn't need to come into contact with them, his attack just triggers all of the cranes to let go of the ice cubes and drop them to the floor, and if said cranes are player-placed, they could come up with creative scenarios for them!

Unless you mean his OTHER ice cube attack, where he punches one ice cube towards you, THEN it should fall from offscreen.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Frost Man

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:38 pm

D-Man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 am
Regarding his size, the Weapons Archive sprite of him from MM10 could be used as a template, and he would be about as big as Hard/Astro/Shade/Concrete Man (who all take up 3x3 tiles).
not necessarily, consider that Mega man wiki says that the biggest master robot is Stone man, and in MM8FC Frost man it measures approximately 2X3, and Stone man in the game measures 3X2

User avatar
TheCreativeEye
Posts: 1311
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:50 pm
Location: Area 51 building
Discord: TheCreativeEye#0160

Re: Frost Man

Post by TheCreativeEye » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:47 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:11 pm
YES, PLEASE! I really want any ice-theme Robot Masters we can get!

As for the ceiling ice cube attack, I have an idea: Make them placeable by the player wherever he wants them to fall from. Frost Man doesn't need to come into contact with them, his attack just triggers all of the cranes to let go of the ice cubes and drop them to the floor, and if said cranes are player-placed, they could come up with creative scenarios for them!

Unless you mean his OTHER ice cube attack, where he punches one ice cube towards you, THEN it should fall from offscreen.
Can we please stop all this with the "elements" and actually look at the bosses attack pattern rather than what they're themed off of? Thanks.

That being said, I think this would be the best solution to the ice block attack problem since it allows for some creative boss room setups
Last edited by TheCreativeEye on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music changer for 1.6 or devs gae
(Still made the Scloof™ Turret)

User avatar
Nigel Chinclucker
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Frost Man

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Why would we think he's too big? It's not like it'd be too hard to bring him down to a manageable size.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Frost Man

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 pm

As far as fitting Frost Man into the 8-bit style, just copy the 8-bit version from Mega Man 10.

Sprites example...

https://youtu.be/GVIcX5ulBIw?t=97

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/meg ... 0612170708

Wouldn't mind seeing his weapon, Ice Wave, added to Mega Man maker. It's ability to freeze combined with traveling across surfaces makes it a great hybrid weapon of Ice Slasher and Search Snake. The combination gives it uniqueness to be not just another cold weapon adding potential for fresh gameplay elements.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_Wave

EDIT:

For a buff to add further usefulness for the weapon, how about it go in both directions when fired? Similar to Tectonic Crash from the MegaMan fangame "Megaman Recharged."

https://youtu.be/UkR5wg-Oj5k?t=497

LeonardMan
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Frost Man

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 pm
Wouldn't mind seeing his weapon, Ice Wave, added to Mega Man maker. It's ability to freeze combined with traveling across surfaces makes it a great hybrid weapon of Ice Slasher and Search Snake. The combination gives it uniqueness to be not just another cold weapon adding potential for fresh gameplay elements.
Forgot to mention it also pierces through enemies, and does a decent amount of damage compared to other floor-crawlers. I would love to see this weapon added to Mega Man Maker too.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: Frost Man

Post by Bean man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:13 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 pm
For a buff to add further usefulness for the weapon, how about it go in both directions when fired? Similar to Tectonic Crash from the MegaMan fangame "Megaman Recharged."

https://youtu.be/UkR5wg-Oj5k?t=497
That'd be an unnecessary change to it, besides, it's already a unique feature to Scramble thunder.
Image

Okay yes alright okay

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Frost Man

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 pm

Bean man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:13 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 pm
For a buff to add further usefulness for the weapon, how about it go in both directions when fired? Similar to Tectonic Crash from the MegaMan fangame "Megaman Recharged."

https://youtu.be/UkR5wg-Oj5k?t=497
That'd be an unnecessary change to it, besides, it's already a unique feature to Scramble thunder.
Indeed unnecessary change to Ice Wave but surely wouldn't hurt, being strictly a floor based weapon, thus useless against aerial enemies.

Such a change wouldn't detract from the uniqueness of Scramble Thunder. Scramble Thunder can also be shot upwards onto ceilings as well as against overhead enemies, and is an electric based attack vs Ice Wave's cold based attack.

LeonardMan
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Frost Man

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Bean man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:13 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 pm
For a buff to add further usefulness for the weapon, how about it go in both directions when fired? Similar to Tectonic Crash from the MegaMan fangame "Megaman Recharged."

https://youtu.be/UkR5wg-Oj5k?t=497
That'd be an unnecessary change to it, besides, it's already a unique feature to Scramble thunder.
Indeed unnecessary change to Ice Wave but surely wouldn't hurt, being strictly a floor based weapon, thus useless against aerial enemies.

Such a change wouldn't detract from the uniqueness of Scramble Thunder. Scramble Thunder can also be shot upwards onto ceilings as well as against overhead enemies, and is an electric based attack vs Ice Wave's cold based attack.
Ice Wave already has a property unique to it among floor-crawlers, which is piercing through enemies. That alone already gives it its own identity as it is. It doesn't need to go in more than one direction per shot.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Frost Man

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Bean man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:13 pm


That'd be an unnecessary change to it, besides, it's already a unique feature to Scramble thunder.
Indeed unnecessary change to Ice Wave but surely wouldn't hurt, being strictly a floor based weapon, thus useless against aerial enemies.

Such a change wouldn't detract from the uniqueness of Scramble Thunder. Scramble Thunder can also be shot upwards onto ceilings as well as against overhead enemies, and is an electric based attack vs Ice Wave's cold based attack.
Ice Wave already has a property unique to it among floor-crawlers, which is piercing through enemies. That alone already gives it its own identity as it is. It doesn't need to go in more than one direction per shot.
Fair enough. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests