Mega Man 4 Wire

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blue_Bummer

Mega Man 4 Wire

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Granted we already have items that serve the same utility purpose as the Mega Man 4 Wire item (just use rush coil), so I would propose tweaks to it in order to justify it's inclusion into Mega Man Maker.

The Wire of course allows Mega Man to fire it upward vertically to allow him to lift himself to ceilings...

Here are changes I would suggest to make this item more useful and fulfill other roles..

* Fire it horizontally.
With this ability added it can now be used as an offensive weapon against enemies left and right (as this item dealt damage in MM4). If MegaMan attaches to a wall or object he could now pull himself quickly across large areas like he pulls himself up in MegaMan 4. Perhaps even pull himself quickly across large gaps, save himself when falling by pulling himself to safety, etc.

*Grab items out of reach.

Items directly horizontal or vertically could be grabbed and pulled back to MegaMan before they disappear.

Using one's imagination such changes bring interesting prospective navigation abilities to this traditionally 1-feature item.

EDIT: Additional Clarification on suggested features/buff

*Can jump and use the Wire

*While traveling on Wire it can be cancelled by hitting jump button mid-transit

*Can fire the Wire at all times when equipped except when sliding

*Can shoot the Wire while falling

*Can hang to walls when wire attaches and pulls Mega Man in just like the default MM4 does with ceilings

*Can fire regular Buster while stuck to walls like the default MM4 allows on ceilings

To prevent the wire from becoming too far from it's original settings, or becoming overpowered..

*Cannot fire buster while Wire is equipped except when hanging from Ceiling or Wall
(hitting fire button fires the Wire)

*Wire cancels when player is hit by an enemy or projectile

*Cannot swing with Wire, only traverse in a straight line vertically or horizontally on the Wire

*Cannot fire the Wire diagonally

*Wire length matches MM4 Wire length

*Wire damages enemies at same rate as MM4
Last edited by Blue_Bummer on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheCreativeEye
Discord: TheCreativeEye#0160

Re: Mega Man 4 Wire

Post by TheCreativeEye » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 pm

Hell yeah
Music changer for 1.6 or devs gae
(Still made the Scloof™ Turret)

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:59 pm

I have another update for horizontal shot of the wire adaptor

wire adaptor make you stick on the wall

if you shoot it horizontally it attach to the wall and make you stick on it, it's basically the same idea for the ceiling but this time on the wall, also it can go through enemies

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Croby28 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:59 pm

if you shoot it horizontally it attach to the wall and make you stick on it, it's basically the same idea for the ceiling but this time on the wall,
I LIKE that! 8-) Mega Man can also use his normal buster when he reaches the end of the wire, so that means when he would stick to the ceiling or the wall he can now shoot. Great idea!
also it can go through enemies
That could potentially cause problems. If it goes through an enemy then sticks to the wall, it could then pull Mega Man into the enemy causing Mega Man damage.... Unless of course Mega Man also damages enemies when he is pulled into them (like Charge Kick or Break Dash). That might be a little OverPowered. :|

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:19 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:16 pm
Croby28 wrote:

if you shoot it horizontally it attach to the wall and make you stick on it, it's basically the same idea for the ceiling but this time on the wall,
I LIKE that! 8-) Mega Man can also use his normal buster when he reaches the end of the wire, so that means when he would stick to the ceiling or the wall he can now shoot. Great idea!
That could potentially cause problems. If it goes through an enemy then sticks to the wall, it could then pull Mega Man into the enemy causing Mega Man damage.... Unless of course Mega Man also damages enemies when he is pulled into them (like Charge Kick or Break Dash). That might be a little OverPowered. :|
Thanks for that

And what I meant for it can go through enemies is that the wire itself can go through enemies without attach megaman to them

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Croby28 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:19 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Croby28 wrote:

Thanks for that

And what I meant for it can go through enemies is that the wire itself can go through enemies without attach megaman to them
Maybe Wire should attach itself only to shielded enemies?
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 am

QuartexGames wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:22 pm
Croby28 wrote:
Blue_Bummer wrote:

Thanks for that

It could work but megaman will takes damage :|

Buster
Discord: Buster#2302

Post by Buster » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:22 am

You forgot the most important part, let it latch onto Thunder Claw Poles and jump off of them.
A fangame Soon™ to be announced, maybe.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:14 am

Buster wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:22 am
You forgot the most important part, let it latch onto Thunder Claw Poles and jump off of them.
And what about you can use Wire to hook vertically on those poles, pull and jump even higher than them due to momentum? :lol:
[THE MAD KAIZO LAND]
[ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND]
[THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND]
[THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND]
[ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND]
If you have a good level and want me to play it, feel free to send it to me.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:42 am

Hyenyaku wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:14 am
Buster wrote:
And what about you can use Wire to hook vertically on those poles, pull and jump even higher than them due to momentum? :lol:
Seeings how the MM4 Wire can hook to ceilings, and the suggestion of it hooking to other surfaces is on the table, why not Thunder Claw poles as well?

Thunder Claw would still be useful in that Mega Man can Swing with Thunder Claw, and MM4 Wire is not used for swinging. The MM4 Wire is for being pulled in a straight line vertically, and as suggested, horizontally. No swinging with MM4 Wire.

On the topic of enemies I don't think MM4 Wire should grab them, only damage them. I don't think it should go through multiple enemies either, just stop at impact on one and then the Wire retract back to Mega Man.

I do think that the Wire should be able to grab items and power ups and bring them back to Mega Man.

I do think that MM4 Wire should enable Mega Man to stick to the ceiling like in MM4, but also stick to walls that Mega Man is pulled to horizontally like Croby suggested.

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:13 am

Croby28 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 am
QuartexGames wrote:
Croby28 wrote:

Thanks for that

Then maybe jumping while pulling yourself to shielded enemy disable it mid-way.

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:07 am

QuartexGames wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:13 am
Croby28 wrote:
QuartexGames wrote:

No just it can attack enemies

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:42 am
Hyenyaku wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:14 am
Buster wrote:
Seeings how the MM4 Wire can hook to ceilings, and the suggestion of it hooking to other surfaces is on the table, why not Thunder Claw poles as well?

Thunder Claw would still be useful in that Mega Man can Swing with Thunder Claw, and MM4 Wire is not used for swinging. The MM4 Wire is for being pulled in a straight line vertically, and as suggested, horizontally. No swinging with MM4 Wire.

On the topic of enemies I don't think MM4 Wire should grab them, only damage them. I don't think it should go through multiple enemies either, just stop at impact on one and then the Wire retract back to Mega Man.

I do think that the Wire should be able to grab items and power ups and bring them back to Mega Man.

I do think that MM4 Wire should enable Mega Man to stick to the ceiling like in MM4, but also stick to walls that Mega Man is pulled to horizontally like Croby suggested.
Yeah I don't think it should grab thunder claw poles, and thanks

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Croby28 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:07 am
QuartexGames wrote:
Croby28 wrote:

I mean when you jump you stop the action.
You hook to an enemy, you press jump while you're on your way to disable it. Like, stop it in the middle.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:39 pm

I STRONGLY disagree with it being able to fire horizontally. It would make it too op, and remove most purpose as a utility. Also, it would make the use of the weapon very shallow and hard to program. I just want the original wire as is, able to shoot up, hurt enemies, and grab stuff. (very useful for cossack 4 boss BTW) The grabbing thing seems okay, but no horizontal firing. Nope, nada, neep ncjvsgvhf

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:39 pm
I STRONGLY disagree with it being able to fire horizontally. It would make it too op, and remove most purpose as a utility.
Thank you for your input. :) To me it would seem this weapon, in it's default state, feels underpowered. It's purposefulness seems slim in level design and gameplay elements. It might seem minor due to it being unnecessary to even finish MM4. The main purpose of the wire is to just reach higher levels, correct? We already have Rush Coil, Rush Jet, Jet Adaptor and Super Adaptor which can fufill that purpose already. Each adaptor has it's own charm, but the wire just seems... dry.

The remove most purpose as a utility, I don't follow you there. Do you mean adding horizontal ability defeats the Wire as a utility since it could be used offensively?
Also, it would make the use of the weapon very shallow and hard to program. I just want the original wire as is, able to shoot up, hurt enemies, and grab stuff. (very useful for cossack 4 boss BTW) The grabbing thing seems okay, but no horizontal firing. Nope, nada, neep ncjvsgvhf
I don't think it would make it shallow. I would purport that adding a horizontal feature would only add depth to it's strategic nature. Think of the level design that could be implemented with just this one added feature. As an example a level built just grabbing ceilings and walls and avoiding traps/spikes would be amazing.

It wouldn't take away from any other utility as this particular item wouldn't have to be implemented in a given level. Jet Adaptor and Super Adaptor co-exist in MMM just fine.

I'm no programmer but I would believe the potential code is there. Super Arrow sticks to walls, and the premise would be like Mega Man firing a Super Arrow and then being pulled in a straight line to that arrow once the arrow has landed.

Though many MM purists might see this as sacrilege adding a horizontal feature to MM4 Wire, I can understand that. The Devs have made minor tweaks to some of the weapons for MMM and I've loved it, this is just one little tweak that could add so much to this item and it's potential.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Instead of adding a bunch of big changes to it, why not just be able to use it in the air and make it faster to accommodate for that. This gives extra useage in a distinct way without having overdone extra features.

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Bean man wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:33 pm
Instead of adding a bunch of big changes to it, why not just be able to use it in the air and make it faster to accommodate for that. This gives extra useage in a distinct way without having overdone extra features.
Why not do this AND the other suggestions because party on, Wayne?

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 am

QuartexGames wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Croby28 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:07 am
QuartexGames wrote:

I mean when you jump you stop the action.
You hook to an enemy, you press jump while you're on your way to disable it. Like, stop it in the middle.
OK nice

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:07 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:54 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:39 pm
I STRONGLY disagree with it being able to fire horizontally. It would make it too op, and remove most purpose as a utility.
Thank you for your input. :) To me it would seem this weapon, in it's default state, feels underpowered. It's purposefulness seems slim in level design and gameplay elements. It might seem minor due to it being unnecessary to even finish MM4. The main purpose of the wire is to just reach higher levels, correct? We already have Rush Coil, Rush Jet, Jet Adaptor and Super Adaptor which can fufill that purpose already. Each adaptor has it's own charm, but the wire just seems... dry.

The remove most purpose as a utility, I don't follow you there. Do you mean adding horizontal ability defeats the Wire as a utility since it could be used offensively?
Also, it would make the use of the weapon very shallow and hard to program. I just want the original wire as is, able to shoot up, hurt enemies, and grab stuff. (very useful for cossack 4 boss BTW) The grabbing thing seems okay, but no horizontal firing. Nope, nada, neep ncjvsgvhf
I don't think it would make it shallow. I would purport that adding a horizontal feature would only add depth to it's strategic nature. Think of the level design that could be implemented with just this one added feature. As an example a level built just grabbing ceilings and walls and avoiding traps/spikes would be amazing.

It wouldn't take away from any other utility as this particular item wouldn't have to be implemented in a given level. Jet Adaptor and Super Adaptor co-exist in MMM just fine.

I'm no programmer but I would believe the potential code is there. Super Arrow sticks to walls, and the premise would be like Mega Man firing a Super Arrow and then being pulled in a straight line to that arrow once the arrow has landed.

Though many MM purists might see this as sacrilege adding a horizontal feature to MM4 Wire, I can understand that. The Devs have made minor tweaks to some of the weapons for MMM and I've loved it, this is just one little tweak that could add so much to this item and it's potential.
I associate that depth with a mess of a weapon. So much as touching left or right could blast you potentially into spikes. The weapon would become not only pacebreaking but paceincapacitating, you'd have to stabd still to aim it in the direction of you'll go somewhere you don't want to. Ther'e also a huge issue with scrolling, as you could be aiming for a wall that's not ye loaded. What you said about the weapon not going through enemies would destroy the weapon's usefulness, especially shooting horizontally. Also, the most potential I can see with the horizontal wire utility and crossing a gap larger than 5 tiles, even then all the utilities can do this and do it better. You drop, not jump when holding the wire, so how does it help you get up from a large gap? You don't you plummet to your doom uness there's a platform below you. All of this, all of this would make the wire OP, not fun to use, and wouldn't bnefit. The wire was made to help you go up vertically, and hit enemies on the higher-ups. Not a broken, awkward killjoy.