Powers/abilities from other games (CAMEO Weapons)

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blue_Bummer

Powers/abilities from other games (CAMEO Weapons)

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:01 pm

I really enjoy the Shine, Nado, and Perfect Freeze powers inspired from other games/characters, they feel right at home in Mega Man Maker. What other powers you think would suit Mega Man Maker as a power that also offers something new or different apart from the list of powers already available in other Mega Man games? A good rule of thumb is to stick to other 2-D platformer games for ideas.

I'm currently looking at other games Mega Man has been featured in that he could defeat characters and claim their powers as his own... Just like as if beating bosses from his own series..

Metroid: (via Smash Brothers & Super Mario Brothers Crossover)
Morph Ball: Allows Mega Man to turn into a ball when pressing down. Drop bombs. Navigate small passages like when sliding, only now he can fit into much smaller gaps by jumping up or dropping through as a ball.

Metroid 1 Wave Beam: Fires shots that zigzag up and down in a wave pattern as they travel across the screen. Can pass through walls.

Contra: (via Super Mario Brothers Crossover)
Spreadshot: A weapon that can be shot like Metal Blade in 8 directions, only the shots are energy pellets numbering in 3 to 5 projectiles per shot and spread out as they travel.
Last edited by Blue_Bummer on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Toryah The Camon

Re: Powers/abilities from other games

Post by Toryah The Camon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:43 pm

I really want Chain Rod from Mega Man Zero 2.
1. It's a grappling hook.
2. You can pull push blocks towards you (enemies and enemy shields too)
3. It's cool, and not as situational as the thunder claw, as t. claw needs a pole to be used, and is extremely limited.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7548

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 am

Toryah The Camon wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:43 pm
3. It's cool, and not as situational as the thunder claw, as t. claw needs a pole to be used, and is extremely limited.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7548
I think they should just add the wire adaptor and change it to act like this.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798

Best Megaman theme: https://youtu.be/Z2ACqGtQodM

Toryah The Camon

Post by Toryah The Camon » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Fluff Man wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 am
Toryah The Camon wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:43 pm
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7548
I think they should just add the wire adaptor and change it to act like this.
Chain Rod can be aimed in 8 directions

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Marvel vs Capcom:

Magnetic Shockwave:

https://marvelvscapcom.fandom.com/wiki/ ... _Shockwave

A new groundcrawler weapon. Perhaps as a variation to set this apart from other ground crawlers this attack could throw mobile enemies relative to Mega Man's size backwards away from Mega Man?

EDIT: If throwing enemies back is too complicated to code, a simple temporary "magnetic" stun would be very useful. Seeings how this attack generates columns of energy it could also hit aerial based enemies too. :idea:

EDIT 2:

Marvel vs Capcom & Smash Brothers:

Mega Upper:

Essentially the Charge Kick, but going straight up vertically rather than going horizontal. Would be useful for vertical areas in stages. I think the Marvel vs Capcom version would be the best visually for MMM.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/File:MegaupperMVC2.png

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_Upper

EDIT 3: Forgive me for all the edits, more ideas hatch after I post. An additional useful buff to Mega Upper could be the ability to shoot diagonally down, making Mega Upper the full vertical version of Charge Kick. Hitting the attack button by itself could shoot Mega Man upward, while pushing down on the directional pad (or keyboard) could shoot him in a diagonal down direction. Depending on which way Mega Man is facing would determine his diagonal down (Mega Man jumps, facing left and hitting down + Mega Upper would send Mega Man diagonally down). The diagonal direction would be very slight.

Though I suppose a Straight down move for the Mega Upper would prove just as useful, whenever someone jumps over an enemy.

Blue_Bummer

Re: Powers/abilities from other games (CAMEO Weapons)

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:26 am

First off let me apologize to the moderators as I did not find that another thread already existing on this topic. May I request that this thread get combined with the older?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1681

That said I have created some media to help illustrate what I was referring to above.

upload photo

Swordkirby9999

Post by Swordkirby9999 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 pm

I would love more Cameo Weapons. (or some weapons that are just really dumb)

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am

Swordkirby9999 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 pm
I would love more Cameo Weapons. (or some weapons that are just really dumb)
I'm not so fond of gag weapons (which I guess is what you mean by dumb?)... But I'm a big fan of custom weapons not available in other Mega Man games that offer new ways to play and create in Mega Man Maker. :D

It was a stroke of genius them adding powers like Nado, Shine, and Perfect Freeze.

Once they cover all the Mega Man games, I think a Cameo themed MMM Update would be amazing! Maybe the developers could even invent something never seen before? 8-)

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:42 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am
Maybe the developers could even invent something never seen before? 8-)
Like a whole new, fanmade weapon?
This sounds like it's worth its own thread.
He's Here.

I made edits to the Top Spin analysis because I thought it was unsatisfactory.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8682

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:44 am

D-Man wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:42 am
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am
Maybe the developers could even invent something never seen before? 8-)
Like a whole new, fanmade weapon?
This sounds like it's worth its own thread.
Why stop at one thread? Make it an even dozen! :P

EDIT: That was a joke.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:44 am
Why stop at one thread? Make it an even dozen! :P

EDIT: That was a joke.
Either way, I made the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&p=83692#p83692
He's Here.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 am

From Kirby's Adventure:

Backdrop - pressing attack causes the player to dash forward a distance and grabs an enemy in their path. Releasing attack performs a high-arcing backdrop, slamming the enemy to the ground. The player can jump left or right by holding that direction when attack is released, they are invincible while holding and enemy, and other enemies will take damage if they touch you. The move cannot be performed in the air or on large enemies, but it can be used on bosses.

Throw - pressing attack causes the player to grab an enemy immediately in front or above them, including things like spines and girees. Releasing attack throws the enemy in one of 8 directions as long as there is open space (so you have to be in the air to throw at the floor). Damage is equal to a charged buster shot, and thrown enemies can break cracked blocks.

Hi-Jump - pressing attack from a flat surface propels the player towards the top of the screen at a rapid but hard to maneuver rate. The player can break cracked blocks using this attack, is invincible and deals damage by contact while ascending to the apex. Pressing jump while ascending causes the attack to cancel.

Stone - pressing and holding attack transforms the player into a heavy rock that takes no damage. If attack is pressed in the air, the player plummets rapidly straight down and will deal high damage on enemies they lands on. Your energy meter drains as you are transformed.

Parasol - the player walks around with a nice umbrella. The parasol will slow the player to a flutter on descent and protect them from above at the cost of weapon energy. They can also use the parasol as a short range melee weapon that is very weak with incredibly efficient ammo consumption.

Sword - this weapon has a meter like the Power Adapter but doesn't consume ammo. Pressing attack performs a simple sword slash forwards and holding up while pressing attack slashes upwards. Holding attack fills the meter. Once charged, releasing attack peforms a spinning slash and releasing attack while holding left or right causes the player to perform a spinning slash jump.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Some moving visuals from the powers I suggested.

Metroid Wave Beam Examples:

https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/File:Wavebeam-m1.gif

https://youtu.be/4Ub_x50LsG4?t=119

Metroid Morph Ball with bombs Examples:

https://youtu.be/L-w3DBksokQ?t=117

https://youtu.be/EO1lKjHPjTo?t=65

Contra Spread Shot Examples:

https://youtu.be/1MKjAbRXnVU?t=66

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/con ... 0905090357

Honestly I had no idea MagMML's newest edition had their own Magnetic Shockwave, I just seen it in Marvel Vs Capcom and thought it'd be a great idea in a Mega Man game. Obviously I'm not alone in this. :P I would rather it be a floor crawler rather than the way MagMML has it go through the air, and it being a chargeable floor crawler would definitely give it some additional strategic worth and originality.

MagMML Magnetic Shockwave:

https://imgur.com/alAeraT

http://magmmlcontest.com/wiki/index.php ... _Shockwave

Bubbykins_ManM3

Post by Bubbykins_ManM3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:19 pm

How about the Z-Saber from the X-Series?
When it's not in Bass' default main slot, it does a downwards slash. While it has two slashes per energy, it can only do one before a cooldown period. If Bass equips it as his default main weapon, he gets replaced with Zero. You have the basic three-slash combo, the air-dash (if you have the double jump enabled), wall-climbing, Rising, and Dash. Zero's appearance gets carried over to the special weapons if you have equipped him.
Other weapons:
- Crescent Shot (from Mega Man X5): Randomly fires either forward, slightly up or slightly down.
- Chameleon Sting (from Mega Man Maverick Hunter X): Fires three laser beams either straight, diagonally up, or diagonally down.
- Hammer Flower (from the Super Mario Bros. series): Fires hammers mostly up before they fall down onto semi-suspecting victims.
- Clone Shield (from Sonic 2): summons a shield made of clones of you. Based on the main weapon of the Metropolis boss.
- Tank Bomb (From Sonic Advance 2): fires bombs that explode upon impact with the ground, but only the explosion interacts with anything other than the ground. Based on Egg Bomber Tank's weapon.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:43 pm

(I posted this on another thread similar to this, but I updated the mockup sprites for this one).

The ReXelections from Mighty No. 9 can be easily adapted into Mega Man weapons. And, since there is no Xel system, they can be used to directly destroy enemies instead of setting them up for a dash-attack. If you're not familiar with them:

ReXelection: Pyrogen - Fire Explosion
A chargeable fire weapon like Atomic Fire and Magma Bazooka, it instead creates a circle of flame around the user, and can be charged up to three levels, increasing its radius and damage. Charging too much burns out the user, and they will be unable to move for a short time.

ReXelection: Cryosphere - Frozen Liquid
An ice-based projectile with limited range is shot in an arc, slowing and dealing damage over time to enemies it contacts. When their health is depleted, they are frozen, and can be shattered by dashing into them.

ReXelection: Dynatron - Thunder Seed
Fires 4 tags in a spread that stick to enemies and solid surfaces. Once stuck, they discharge electricity to their targets, and enemies that get caught in the path of the electricity can take damage as well. The signal can be lost if the target is offscreen/blocked by a wall.

ReXelection: Seismic - Strong Charge
Transforms the user into a treaded vehicle, allowing them to travel faster, run over enemies, and do small jumps on top of them. Holding the jump button lets you bounce further, and your position can be changed in midair. If it hits a wall, the user recoils off of it.

ReXelection: Battalion - Remote Cannon
Shoots a missile forward that can be attached to and detonated on enemies and surfaces. Has a rather large explosion radius, but is otherwise a hybrid of Drill Bomb/Crash Bomber/Remote Mine. Could destroy certain walls.

ReXelection: Aviator - Gyro Boomerang
Allows the user to hold a copter blade over their head, which increases jump height, lowers fall speed, and can destroy some projectiles. When released, it follows a zig-zag pattern forward, and can be called back prematurely, unlike other boomerangs.

ReXelection: Brandish - Blade Techniques
Chargeable melee weapon that, when uncharged, lets the user do quick sword strokes (originally did not consume ammo). Charging will unleash a spinning sword attack that can be manuvered with the directional buttons, and can also do a falling midair slash with down input. Can nullify some projectiles, but there is also some delay after using the charged attacks.

ReXelection: Countershade - Reflect Shoot
A hybrid between a reflective and homing weapon, it fires a bullet that bounces off solid surfaces and enemies, but can also seek the nearest enemy once it rebounds. If multiple enemies are present, the bullets will bounce between them until one is destroyed. Up to three bullets can be on screen.
He's Here.

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:46 am

Well if we're talking custom weapons, let me grab a few from NES games - that'll be easier to implement visually, at any rate. :)

Holy Water - Simon's Quest
A vial of liquid that is tossed in a sharp downwards arc and leaves a flame behind. The one from CV2 in particular is mentioned here due to the freezing effect it has. In MMM, I'd propose that the vial itself does minimal damage if any at all, but the flame would deal the DoT effect N.Cannon does while also completely stopping any enemies from doing anything so long as the flame lasts. Maybe... two on-screen at a time?

Relic Shield - Ghosts 'n Goblins
A royal shield that - for some ungodly reason or another - Arthur decides is best used as a ranged weapon instead of as a shield. In MMM, the weapon would possibly go as far as T.Claw, doing only slightly above buster damage but being able to completely negate most projectile attacks that hit it. One on-screen, but could be buffed to reflect instead of simply negate should it be deemed too weak in testing.

Circus Parasol - Kirby's Adventure
A recurring "weapon" in the Kirby series, and already suggested here, but I rather like it so time to suggest it again. In MMM, pressing the button would swing the parasol with the star bit from Super Star providing a small bit of extra range. Holding the button would allow slowed falling, as well as allow for the player to ram enemies and destructible assets from below. Contact that deals damage causes WE drain, as is seen with Atomic Fire.
Knight needs caffeine badly.

MisterRhoney

Post by MisterRhoney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:05 am

Shovel Blade (Shovel Knight): You can swing the blade and even bounce on top of enemies by jumping and holding down.

RDash75

Post by RDash75 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Zero Saber:
Game:Mega ManX2 or Mega Man Zero
Color:Red and Black
Like Flame Sword, Mega Man Take out Zero Saber and can be Quick in ground
Can't be Ignite Oil and Detonate TNT

Vibe:
Game:Super Princess Peach
Color:Pink and Light Pink
There are Four Vibe:
Joy:Mega Man turn Joy and He can Float in Air and Reach Higher
Rage:Mega Man turn Angry and He is Invincible, Can light up from standing Light Blocks, Ignite Oil, Detonate TNT, Music 4x Slower and Drain Energy Faster
Gloom:Mega Man start crying and Run Faster, Jump Higher, Douses Oil and Music 2x Slower
Calm:Mega Man is Happy, Restoring Health and Drain Energy Faster
He can change Vibe by pressing Down Button when he not moving

Superball:
Game:Super Mario Land
Color:Dark Green and Light Green
Mega Man Throw a Superball making it Bounces off Walls and weaker then Mega Ball

Fireball:
Game:Super Mario Bros
Color:White and Red
Like Superball. Can be throw 2 times, Fireball can Ignite Oil and Detonate TNT

Iceball:
Game:New Super Mario Bros Wii
Color:Aqua and Red
Mega Man Throw 2 Iceball at time, It can freeze Small Enemies and became solid for short time.

Bullet Storm:
Game:Brawl Stars
Color:Dark Blue and Light Blue
Mega Man rattles off a massive burst of bullets, Can pass Enemies.
Be A Builder Guys!

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Mega Man vs Metroid
and
Mega Man vs Ghost n Goblins
games have their own powers for Mega Man, I think them useful but the very last decision is yours of course.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

RDash75

Post by RDash75 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:01 am

More Cameo Weapons?

Portal Blast:
Game:Mega Tank Man
Color:Blue and Yellow (Made same Colors to Bad Box Art Mega Man)
Power:Mega Man can Shoot 3 Portal Blast at Time, Can Pass Over Enemies when defeated

Seed Spread:
Game:Mega Tank Man
Color:Dark Brown and Light Brown
Power:Mega Man Spread 3 Seeds but stop at walls

Lightning Bolt:
Game:A Koopa's Revenge 2
Color:Light Yellow and White
Power:Mega Man Throw 2 Lightning Bolt at time. When Enemies defeated, it drop items easy

Ray Splasher:
Game:Mega ManX3
Color:Light Brown and Yellow
Power:Uncharged:Mega Man Fires a volley of shots
Charged:Mega Man create a projector and fire shots itself

Rising Fire:
Game:Mega ManX4
Color:Red and White
Power:Mega Man Shoots 16 Fireballs straight up, when it charged He will perform a Flaming Dragon Punch.
Can Ignite Oil and Detonate TNT

Shotgun Ice:
Game:Mega ManX
Color:Aqua and Yellow
Power:Mega Man shoot shard of ice and freeze enemies and leave a trail of ice dust.
When it's Fully Charged, Create a Ice Platfrom but Slippery

Spindash:
Game:Sonic 2
Color:Blue and Light Purple
Power:Mega Man turns to Ball From and Charging, Letting go will Mega Man Spins but attacks

Master Sword:
Game:LOZOoT
Color:Blue and Brown
Power:Mega Man Draws a Master Sword. When you hit an enemies, Weapon Energy will drain. Can be Sword Beam when he is full health

Submarine:
Game:Super Mario World 2:Yoshi Island
Color:Brown and White
Power:Like Rush Marine, Mega Man transform to Submarine. It's can swim better, shoot torpedoes and Hit and lose control.
He need to use this weapon when he underwater

Cap Throw:
Game:Super Mario Odyssey
Color:White and Light Blue (Made same Colors to Cappy)
Power:Mega Man Throw's a Hat. Just like Ring Boomerang, Can't Pick up Items. If enemies get hit, It will capture for short time, Can be normal when he discapture by pressing Side Button. It's don't work from bosses

Yoshi's Egg:
Game:Super Mario World
Color:Lime and White
Power:Mega Man can throw 3 Eggs at time and bounces off Walls. Just like Pharaoh Shot, can be 6 directions

F.L.U.D.D.:
Game:Super Mario Sunshine
Color:Sky Blue and Light Blue
Power:There 2 Types:
Squirt Nozzle:Mega Man Spray some Water. Like Water Wave Underwater, can be Raped
Hover Nozzle:Sparys Water and Lift Mega Man Up. It's almost like Jet Adaptor
Both Nozzle can hit enemies and Douses Oil

Earthshake Punch:
Game:Wario Land Shake It!
Color:Yellow and Grape
Power:Mega Man Punch the ground hard and release a shockwave and stun ground enemies.
Be A Builder Guys!