Proper Gravity Settings

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blue_Bummer

Proper Gravity Settings

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:35 pm

image upload

While using water settings gets the job done for creating a low gravity environment, the air bubble effect gives it an unprofessional appearance which breaks the thematic of any given low gravity level (unless of course it's an underwater low gravity level). :\

I would love to see the ability to set the gravity in a custom level. I ask the great and benevolent MMM Developers to implement the following options when creating a level..

* Normal Gravity - the default setting for any level
* Low Gravity - an option which sets gravity like in the above photo, minus the air bubbles.

And if the Devs are feeling generous (and maybe a little wild and crazy) the following options...

* Medium Gravity - A setting in between low and normal, allowing Mega Man to jump half-way up the screen instead of all the way to the top.
* No Gravity - This would create a whole new theme of level, where Mega Man essentially would be able to "fly" throughout the entire level like as if you're playing an airborne shooter that lets you land on the ground. I suppose Mega Man's momentum (pushing in a direction on the keyboard/gamepad) would move him in a given direction? Enemies not attached to surfaces would probably float through the air as well. Would be chaotic but that's part of the fun. Yes I know we have the Jet Adaptor but this would be something totally different. I'd image puzzle level enthusiasts would especially get a kick of out this option.

So yeah... Let's not have our heroes blowing bubbles in low gravity anymore.

Gravitrax64

Re: Proper Gravity Settings

Post by Gravitrax64 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Sounds good too me. Though I feel that the gravity settings should work kinda like how rain works in which it could be applied to a screen.
UARM club and G-FORCE have merged into what is now: UARM - Force
If you would like to join then click here: https://discord.gg/rcywffX

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm

low, medium, high gravity; I will tick up them.
but no gravity, no
even if you jump little bit, you would go up and never come back.
and also (you didn't mention but) for high gravity, mega buster should be also affected.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 pm

DSN001 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm
but no gravity, no
even if you jump little bit, you would go up and never come back.
It's up to the map creator to create ceilings, proper pathways and the necessary utilities for players to navigate a level. Bad maps exist now with regular gravity, and it's not the gravity's fault. :|
and also (you didn't mention but) for high gravity, mega buster should be also affected.
Sure why not add high gravity (heaviness) in there too? If a map maker wants to create "no jumping" levels there you go. Wouldn't be my cup of tea, but maybe someone could do something great with it.

Buster
Discord: Buster#2302

Post by Buster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Meanwhile Saturn be like:
Image Image
A fangame Soon™ to be announced, maybe.

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Buster wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:20 pm
Meanwhile Saturn be like:
Image Image
yes

just add the gravity things from saturn, way better than setting the gravity for the entire stage
(would also be good to have single tiles to change your gravity like the ones in MaGMML2, so that you don't need to cover an entire area with gravity-changing objects)
turnip

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:34 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm
yes

just add the gravity things from saturn, way better than setting the gravity for the entire stage
I disagree. A person would have to plant their entire level with these things to create a low gravity level.. either that, or put their level underwater to simulate low gravity which brings us back to "bubbles in space." :roll:

I'm not against Saturn gravity platforms, totally awesome. All for it! Let's save that for the update that features MMV content.

But in the meantime... Could we please get a real low gravity setting that properly emulates basic Mega Man low gravity levels like standard Mega Man games. Pretty please?🙏

Kornor

Post by Kornor » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Sounds quite promising. I'm suprised tho, because you didn't mention high grav. It appeared in a few games after all (ex. Saturn's Stage from Mega Man V). But besides that, I'm all in! 8-)

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Kornor wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:51 pm
Sounds quite promising. I'm suprised tho, because you didn't mention high grav. It appeared in a few games after all (ex. Saturn's Stage from Mega Man V). But besides that, I'm all in! 8-)
I never played any of the Gameboy MegaMan games so Saturn's gravity gimmick is a new one to me.

I think the Saturn gravity gimmick would be a great addition to MMM.

...but for the time being I would like to see proper gravity (regular and low) added as options for a level. Everything else would be a wonderful added bonus.

I know being hung up on water bubbles is very nitpicky... It's just that I'm so suited to the professionalism and quality of this Dev team and their game that having to use water to simulate low gravity is so unlike everything else.. sticks out like a sore thumb. 😕