Bumping up the Weapon/Item Count

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blue_Bummer

Bumping up the Weapon/Item Count

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:14 am

Yeah I know 12 slots for weapons/items is already a large number, but in some level designs I have that number is just slightly shy of what I need.

To plead this logically... If I were to attempt to simulate a fully loaded weapon/item menu for a level...
For Mega Man 10 there are 8 robot master weapons, 3 special extra weapons, and 2 special items. Counting Mega buster that = 14 slots.

Now I don't think the entire roster of MM10 weapons will be in 1.6, but that's not my point. My point is that the current weapon/item limit of 1.5 is shy of what can be done in some of Mega Man's full games.

MM7 has 8 robot master weapons, Super adaptor, 3 Rush configurations, Proto Shield and counting Mega buster = 14 slots.

MM8 has 8 robot master weapons, Mega Ball weapon, 4 different Rush configurations and counting Mega buster = 14 slots.

So 14 slots seems to be the highest count for official Mega Man titles...

If this adding more slots proposal is acceptable for the Devs I would like to ask for 4 more slots to bring the total to 16 available weapon/item slots for level creation.

Thanks for hearing me out. :)

D-Man

Re: Bumping up the Weapon/Item Count

Post by D-Man » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:14 am
Yeah I know 12 slots for weapons/items is already a large number, but in some level designs I have that number is just slightly shy of what I need.

To plead this logically... If I were to attempt to simulate a fully loaded weapon/item menu for a level...
For Mega Man 10 there are 8 robot master weapons, 3 special extra weapons, and 2 special items. Counting Mega buster that = 14 slots.

Now I don't think the entire roster of MM10 weapons will be in 1.6, but that's not my point. My point is that the current weapon/item limit of 1.5 is shy of what can be done in some of Mega Man's full games.

MM7 has 8 robot master weapons, Super adaptor, 3 Rush configurations, Proto Shield and counting Mega buster = 14 slots.

MM8 has 8 robot master weapons, Mega Ball weapon, 4 different Rush configurations and counting Mega buster = 14 slots.

So 14 slots seems to be the highest count for official Mega Man titles...

If this adding more slots proposal is acceptable for the Devs I would like to ask for 4 more slots to bring the total to 16 available weapon/item slots for level creation.
This is an interesting suggestion, though I must ask: what kind of level are you making that requires so many special weapons? I have trouble using more than 4 at a time.
He's Here.

I made edits to the Top Spin analysis because I thought it was unsatisfactory.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8682

Buster
Discord: Buster#2302

Post by Buster » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm

D-Man wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:31 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
This is an interesting suggestion, though I must ask: what kind of level are you making that requires so many special weapons? I have trouble using more than 4 at a time.
Likely a metroidvania. Though we could use more weapon slots in general.
A fangame Soon™ to be announced, maybe.

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 pm

For normal stages, the current is enough. People do like metroidvanias, though, and honestly it could be relatively easy to make a second screen like in MM7. Could replace the Tanks icons with a "Next" button that takes you to the next lineup of weapons, along with a section for the E and M tanks...

...hell, that could also solve the "no space for W tanks" issue.
Knight needs caffeine badly.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Buster wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm
D-Man wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:31 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Likely a metroidvania. Though we could use more weapon slots in general.
Correct! :) Got some concepts I'm excited to try, but cannot due to the current weapon/item slot limit.

Didn't want to ask for too many slots, as they still have to fit on a level intro screen. If adding four slots that would be just two more per layer.