A couple of overlooked things

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Curry Rice

A couple of overlooked things

Post by Curry Rice » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Hey there. Just trying the game out for the first time, and I've noticed some things that should be addressed.

1: It doesn't seem possible to flip certain enemies, like the snake heads from MM3, so that they extend from the ceiling.

2: A "Copy Object" function would be excellent for editing, so that you can quickly copy existing tiles or objects for quick switching. A possible solution would be simply to left click on said existing tile/object, and it'd be copied.

3: Are Megaman 10 assets being added? I'd love to see that, as it's my favorite in the series. Yes, I know, I'm sure you think I'm crazy. :)

Regards.

Blue_Bummer

Re: A couple of overlooked things

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Curry Rice wrote:3: Are Megaman 10 assets being added? I'd love to see that, as it's my favorite in the series. Yes, I know, I'm sure you think I'm crazy. :)
Welcome to Mega Man Maker and it's forums Curry! :)

You're in luck! The next update will feature content from Mega Man 10 and 11! It's been in development for almost 7 months so the wait shouldn't be too much longer (based on previous MMM update schedule lengths).

.. And it's OK to be crazy, so long as you don't turn violent or anything.

Keep up with status updates in the announcements section...

Official Announcements Section

It's been almost a month since the last update, so a new one should be popping up soon.

Curry Rice

Post by Curry Rice » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 pm

Very nice, thanks! In that case then, I'll just wait to hear feedback about my first two suggestions.

Curry Rice

Post by Curry Rice » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:18 pm

So, I guess you can ignore my second suggestion. It took me long enough, but I figured out the eyedropper is, in fact, the copy tool lol

Now though, I'm wondering about other things, like Airman's foreground clouds, and other missing enemies, backgrounds, tiles, weapons, and bosses. I assume that's all a matter of time before getting added though, including the flipped snake heads, right?

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Curry Rice wrote:Now though, I'm wondering about other things, like Airman's foreground clouds, and other missing enemies, backgrounds, tiles, weapons, and bosses. I assume that's all a matter of time before getting added though, including the flipped snake heads, right?
Seeing that this is a free game being done by a group of people in their spare time that are not getting paid, it's hard to say. Like said the next patch will focus on content from MM10 and MM11. Sometimes they squeeze in a little bit of content from previous MM titles into a patch, but if they do it's usually very little.

We'll have to wait and see if they revisit the older MM games in later updates to Mega Man Maker. We don't even know if they're going to keep going after patch 1.6 (the coming patch). We can only hope! :)

Curry Rice

Post by Curry Rice » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:35 pm
We don't even know if they're going to keep going after patch 1.6 (the coming patch). We can only hope! :)
Oh no, that's such sad news! Well, it'd be a shame if that were true, especially since they're so close to adding everything and being done completely.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:54 am

Curry Rice wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:44 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
We don't even know if they're going to keep going after patch 1.6 (the coming patch). We can only hope! :)
Oh no, that's such sad news! Well, it'd be a shame if that were true, especially since they're so close to adding everything and being done completely.
They might have some decent progress on the main numbered series, but they haven't gotten far at all in terms of adding the exclusive content from the 5 Gameboy Mega Man titles, The Wily Wars, or either of the two Mega Man & Bass games.

Curry Rice

Post by Curry Rice » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:54 am
They might have some decent progress on the main numbered series, but they haven't gotten far at all in terms of adding the exclusive content from the 5 Gameboy Mega Man titles, The Wily Wars, or either of the two Mega Man & Bass games.
Right, but they're already going above and beyond if they're adding MM11. Really, they could've stopped at 10, but they're going out of their way to convert a game that's 3D to classic style sprites, so we shouldn't expect them to just go out and do all those yet I would think.

Personally, after the next update, I'd much rather see them go back to MM1 and start finishing up the main series one by one instead of adding stuff from those side games just yet.

Buster
Discord: Buster#2302

Post by Buster » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:16 pm

Curry Rice wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:54 pm
Personally, after the next update, I'd much rather see them go back to MM1 and start finishing up the main series one by one instead of adding stuff from those side games just yet.
Have them do PU because it also is an opportunity to finish MM1.
A fangame Soon™ to be announced, maybe.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:54 am
Curry Rice wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:44 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
I've never played the Gameboy MM titles. I know GB MM V is very original with abundance of unique content, but what about GB MM 1-4? Do those have any special gimmicks, enemies or tilesets apart from the main MM titles? If they did focus on GB MM 1-4 unique items, that'd be opportunity to add missing robot masters/gimmicks/enemies/etc shared with the main MM titles.
Buster wrote:Have them do PU because it also is an opportunity to finish MM1.
...And of course PU as well.

Buster

Post by Buster » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm
I've never played the Gameboy MM titles. I know GB MM V is very original with abundance of unique content, but what about GB MM 1-4? Do those have any special gimmicks, enemies or tilesets apart from the main MM titles? If they did focus on GB MM 1-4 unique items, that'd be opportunity to add missing robot masters/gimmicks/enemies/etc shared with the main MM titles.
1GB and 4GB added quite a lot of exclusive things actually.

1GB had:
- unique tilesets
- Cutting Wheel: enemy that stands still, or when triggered, either rides around or chases after Mega Man
- Super Cutter Revenge: Super Cutters but they go around in circles
- (unused) Drillun: drill enemy that goes down and then goes back up, can be stood on
- fans
- icicle that grows out of the ceiling and falls, can be stood on
- ice cubes that melt when stood on
- fire spike that moves along a path and then teleports back to the beginning
- Enker

4GB had:
- even more unique tilesets
- Press'n: a very frustrating take on Big Eye types
- Giant Met Cannon
- Joe in a spaceship
- falling blocks that drop a full tile at a time
- Guts Hover that aggressively flies down
- platforms that would appear in the dark
- 2 platforms connected in a right angle that would rotate when stood on
- a platform that would move when shot and then hover back to its origin
- blocks that explode on their own
- bombs that stay still and explode and shot
- magnets you can shoot to disable
- Tatepakkans you can stand on
- Ballade

2GB and 3GB didn't have that much unique things, most they had were tilesets, Quint and Punk, yoku blocks you can jump through and timebombs that respawn.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:08 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm
but what about GB MM 1-4? Do those have any special gimmicks, enemies or tilesets apart from the main MM titles? If they did focus on GB MM 1-4 unique items, that'd be opportunity to add missing robot masters/gimmicks/enemies/etc shared with the main MM titles.
Buster wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm
1GB had:
- unique tilesets
- Cutting Wheel: enemy that stands still, or when triggered, either rides around or chases after Mega Man
- Super Cutter Revenge: Super Cutters but they go around in circles
- (unused) Drillun: drill enemy that goes down and then goes back up, can be stood on
- fans
- icicle that grows out of the ceiling and falls, can be stood on
- ice cubes that melt when stood on
- fire spike that moves along a path and then teleports back to the beginning
- Enker
@Buster:

Off the top of my head, You forgot Vertical Elec Beams, and the utility weapon Carry in DWR/RW1.

Everyone forgets about Carry. :(

Buster wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm
2GB and 3GB didn't have that much unique things, most they had were tilesets, Quint and Punk, yoku blocks you can jump through and timebombs that respawn.
I like how nobody is going to mention that MMII/RW2 had a unique soundtrack. Sure someone really badly botched putting the music into the game and it sounds horrible, but the music's core compositions have nothing wrong with them and are very easy to salvage. They deserve more respect.

MMIII/RW3 had new BGs for some levels that are otherwise not present in the NES equivalent stages, such as an outdoor Jungle BG for Snake Man's stage. It also had a few new unique enemies such as Pickleman Dada (Picket Man riding a jackhammer), and some others.

All 5 GB games have completely original music for their respective Wily stages (though MMII/RW2 kinda cheats by recycling its title screen music).

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 am

Curry Rice wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:31 pm

3: Are Megaman 10 assets being added? I'd love to see that, as it's my favorite in the series. Yes, I know, I'm sure you think I'm crazy. :)
I have no reason not to believe you. Though MM11 probably took the top series choice for me, Mega Man 10 is a very close second, and improved the Mega Man formula that MM9 revived to make a great platformer. It's also one of the most stable Mega Man games mechanically, no glitches that I know of
i am no longer active :pensive:

bye

Buster

Post by Buster » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:08 am
Off the top of my head, You forgot Vertical Elec Beams, and the utility weapon Carry in DWR/RW1.

Everyone forgets about Carry. :(
And horizontal flame pillars you can freeze, and 2 weird types of Sniper Joe, and weird Moles, and Pipis with unique Copipi patterns if anyone wants to be picky.

Vertical elec beams are in PU and don't feel like remembering about Carry unless they turn it into Instant Floor from CX. :v
Royalguard wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:08 am
You have been visited by the Kenji Yamazaki of meaningful apologies.
Ah yes, an opportunity for the musicians to make alternate versions of og music if they so desire.