Dr. Wily's escape trap door.

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Hyenyaku

Dr. Wily's escape trap door.

Post by Hyenyaku » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:05 pm

What is that?
I don't know the real name, but I'm refering to the spinning door that Dr.Wily used to escape at the end of Mega Man 4. That door also reappeared in the 30 year anniversary video (that connected to MM11 trailer).
What are its function(s)?
It will work as another form of teleporter. However, the two main differences is it won't force players to jump upward after using, and it doesn't activate automatically (player have to stand at the center and press up, or they can ignore the door and move freely past it).
So why the hell am I suggesting it when we already have the teleporter?
Aside from the two main reason I mentioned above, I think the escape door will give us more depth feeling about z-dimension of the level. Creators can ultilize it and make some laboratory levels that look more realistic. Also, there's a minor reason is that I kinda like the z-dimension doors in Mario and Shovel Knight. :lol: (May be we should even give them the option to be unlocked with keys :lol: )

D-Man

Re: Dr. Wily's escape trap door.

Post by D-Man » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:10 pm

So would this door blend perfectly with whatever background? Or would it have some kind of outline to show players that it's there to begin with?

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:14 pm

D-Man wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:10 pm
So would this door blend perfectly with whatever background? Or would it have some kind of outline to show players that it's there to begin with?
The door has its own background sprite. Blending with environment would be dangerous and not looking good. The image above was just taken as a fully decomposed sheet from sprite-inc.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:11 pm

It is a good option, it would serve as a manual activation teleporter, as you said. I like that idea.

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:59 pm

I still want the boss rush teleporters, but this is a neat idea.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798
Best Megaman theme: https://youtu.be/Z2ACqGtQodM

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm

This would be a terrific feature! We need a transition device that is both player-activated and devoid of extraneous movement, it would open up a whole new territory of room/stage construction.

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:43 pm

AppendixOfTheCards wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm
This would be a terrific feature! We need a transition device that is both player-activated and devoid of extraneous movement, it would open up a whole new territory of room/stage construction.
I think the teleporters that are found in the boss rematch levels would be a better option for that, this would be better visually however.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798
Best Megaman theme: https://youtu.be/Z2ACqGtQodM