How playable Robot Masters would work

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Canamox Productions

How playable Robot Masters would work

Post by Canamox Productions » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:52 am

First of all, I have to say that the sprites aren't mine, they are from a user in DeviantArt https://www.deviantart.com/kin2444/art/ ... -677555325

The idea of playable Robot Masters crossed my mind, so I decided to download Mega Engine (Mega Man Maker was designed with this engine as a base) to make my own. Here is Quick Man:

[media]https://youtu.be/o_8dZopQEMQ[/media]

It isn't only an aesthetic change, Quick Man can run faster and jump higher than Mega Man. My version is very amateur of course, I only changed a few things that were already established. There are no sprites for climbing ladders, and the quick boomerang is a reskin of the mega buster. If in the future this could be a reality in Mega Man Maker, to balance things I'd propose that Quick Man take more damage, maybe not double but 1,5. Maybe wall-jumping would be a funny gimmick to this character too.

I made this in a few hours, what do you think?

Shadow444

Re: How playable Robot Masters would look

Post by Shadow444 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm

I would certainly be happy to see all of the possible robot masters as playable characters. However, many of them could not use slide, or slide would be replaced with dash.

Here is a list of robots that are not able to do slide due to their large size.

MM1 - Guts Man
MM2 -Air Man and Wood Man
MM3 - Hard Man (MM Day In The Limelight 3 does not count)
MM4 - Dive Man (MM Rock Force do not agree with me i guess) and Toad Man
MM5 - Stone Man
MM6 - Centaur Man (Can you imagine him in a slide pose?) and Blizzard Man (he is large for slide, maybe he can use dash?)
MM7 - Junk Man and Cloud Man
MM8 - Astro Man (Can you imagine him in a slide pose? 2), Grenate Man (He is large for slide, but he can use dash) and Frost Man (No comment)
MM9 - Concrete Man (He is large for slide, but he can use dash 2), Magma Man and Splash Woman?? (I don't even know how it can be played in principle, unless give the ability for her to change its mermaid tail to its feet, when she is out of reach of the water)
MM10 - Commando Man
MM11 - Impact Man (he is large for slide, maybe he can use dash? 2) and Bounce Man (No f*****g comment 2)

There are many robots that are not suitable for slide, but they may can use dash.
Like this robots.

MM1 - Fire Man (He is not large and he can use slide, but why not to give dash for him?)
MM2 - Quick Man (He is not large and he can use slide, but he will be a badass, if he will use dash)
MM3 - Shadow Man (He is not large and he can use slide, but he will be a badass, if he will use dash 2) and Needle Man
MM5 - Napalm Man, Gyro Man and Charge Man (It's not even obvious, he always going ramming)
MM6 - Blizzard Man and Knight Man (Ye ye MM Rock Force again. But if we look here - MM7, Protoman's boss fight, any questions?)
MM7 - Slash Man (This guy is savage for standart slide, he deserves dash for use) and Turbo Man (More than just dash, a whole endless ride, like Nitro Man's ride from MM Rock Force)
MM8 - Grenate Man (He use dash), Tengu Man (he deserves dash for use)
MM9 - Concrete Man (He use dash 2) and Splash Woman (read above about her)
MM10 - Blade Man, Strike Man and Nitro Man (More than just dash or slide, a whole endless ride from MM Rock Force)
MM11 - Bounde Man (oh god....) and Torch Man (This guy is badass for standart slide, he deserves dash for use)

This is how I think it would be possible to solve the issue of slide and dash for certain robots. I have not considered other Megaman games, because it is too long to list all of them.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: How playable Robot Masters would work

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Just going to quote this because I can't be bothered to write this out again.
Royalguard wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:00 pm
As said prior, it probably won't happen.

If so much as even one gets in, it will open the floodgates for people demanding their favourite Robot Masters be made into playable characters, and being mad and possibly staring fights if their favourites don't make the cut over other choices.

Its a situation that is probably best left avoided.