What are the differences between these words from Mega Man games?

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
DSN001

What are the differences between these words from Mega Man games?

Post by DSN001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 am

I'm not native, and I can confuse with some words. Can you explain these words from MM games?
1) Crash - Clash - Crush - Crusher - Crasher
2) oh... there was just 1 confusing word list.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Re: What are the differences between these words from Mega Man games?

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:57 pm

There are many definitions to each of these words, but I'll just list the most likely ones. If you want to see them all, you can visit Dictionary.com (If you don't understand any words in the definition, you can click on them to get their definition as well. It's a pretty neat feature).

Crash: Assuming this is in reference to Crash Man and his Crash Bomber weapon, this is most likely in reference to the sound the Crash Bomber makes, as most of its definitions involve noise. I honestly didn't know this, and it makes a ton more sense than the (more commonly used) definition that is used to describe destructive collision.

Clash: Means basically the same thing as Crash, as the words are synonyms of each other.

Crush: To break an object by squeezing it. The term can be used loosely to mean that you've destroyed something (usually your opposition), which is what Dust Crusher is doing.

Crusher & clasher: derivatives of crush and clash respectively. I think in both cases it refers to an object that crushes things or clashes with them. Clasher is basically never used to the point where I didn't know it was even a word.

EDIT: The difference between crash and clash is how they're typically used. Crash is typically used when physical objects collide (example: a car crash) and clash is typically used when intangible things don't mix well (example: when colors clash it means they don't look good together). Clash can also be used to describe a battle (example: a clash of two armies).

Obviously you don't have to use these words in this way, but it is the most common way they see use.

DSN001

Re: What are the differences between these words from Mega Man games?

Post by DSN001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 pm

SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:57 pm
There are many definitions to each of these words, but I'll just list the most likely ones. If you want to see them all, you can visit Dictionary.com (If you don't understand any words in the definition, you can click on them to get their definition as well. It's a pretty neat feature).

Crash: Assuming this is in reference to Crash Man and his Crash Bomber weapon, this is most likely in reference to the sound the Crash Bomber makes, as most of its definitions involve noise. I honestly didn't know this, and it makes a ton more sense than the (more commonly used) definition that is used to describe destructive collision.

Clash: Means basically the same thing as Crash, as the words are synonyms of each other.

Crush: To break an object by squeezing it. The term can be used loosely to mean that you've destroyed something (usually your opposition), which is what Dust Crusher is doing.

Crusher & clasher: derivatives of crush and clash respectively. I think in both cases it refers to an object that crushes things or clashes with them. Clasher is basically never used to the point where I didn't know it was even a word.

EDIT: The difference between crash and clash is how they're typically used. Crash is typically used when physical objects collide (example: a car crash) and clash is typically used when intangible things don't mix well (example: when colors clash it means they don't look good together). Clash can also be used to describe a battle (example: a clash of two armies).

Obviously you don't have to use these words in this way, but it is the most common way they see use.
thanks.
topic can be closed
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!