Turbo Man
No votes
Turbo Man
18%
Turbo Man
9%

Total votes: 11

Brazencoronet17
Location: Next to my computer, working on a secret project...
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Re: worst mm stages

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:24 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:14 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:09 pm
MM11: Bounce Man
God help
bounce man is easy what
The boss fight is fine, its the level itself leading up to it that is a complete mess.
^
Can you feel the sunshine?
Does it brighten up your day?
Don't you feel that sometimes
You just need to run away?
Reach out for the sunshine
Forget about the rain
Just think about the good times
And they will come back again

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 am

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:14 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:09 pm
MM11: Bounce Man
God help
bounce man is easy what
Use a dictionary : worst DOES NOT mean hard.
Tired of Internet

02gn
Discord: *02gn*#5656

Post by 02gn » Mon May 13, 2019 12:32 pm

What have you done to Turbo Man? You should do that for that idiot Quick Man!
623 is such a strong badass

Currently not making any levels... no ideas tbh

1.6 hype instead!

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Quick Man is fine to me now. I find the stage easy. But is it a good stage? No.

-No way to teach the force beams
-So the force beams are never taught and just hadouken out of nowhere
-Second force beam area is BS incorparated
-Stage looks kinda ugly. I like Quick Man's tileset but everything is out of place.
-Quick Man boss I've not had many problems with, but I'll speak for other people: The boss is fast as hecc, immune to most weapons, Weakness can't even reliably defeat him until he's at 1/2 HP, Crash Bombs in themselves are already trash but are one of the onl good ways to beat him
Forget about the rain

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue May 14, 2019 11:23 am

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 pm
-Quick Man boss I've not had many problems with, but I'll speak for other people: The boss is fast as hecc, immune to most weapons, Weakness can't even reliably defeat him until he's at 1/2 HP, Crash Bombs in themselves are already trash but are one of the onl good ways to beat him
I just recently learned of the Metal Blade AI exploit, and it turns the Quick Man boss into a complete joke once you figure out how to use it to its full potiental.

Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 am

Royalguard wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:23 am
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 pm
I just recently learned of the Metal Blade AI exploit, and it turns the Quick Man boss into a complete joke once you figure out how to use it to its full potiental.

Which is why I don't have much of a problem
Forget about the rain

DAS

Post by DAS » Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Brazen will hate me for this, but almost every stage in Mega Man 2. Keep in mind the "almost" part. I still think stages like Wood Man, but almost every stage has a major design problem, namely, the game being heavily reliant on trial and error for new players. Even the hardest sections in the original game were fairly accessible because of a gradual increase in difficulty, such as the Foot Holders which, programming quirks aside, start off by themselves, but then add the Pengs and later on they add spikes above you. Mega Man 2 has almost none of that and ends up relying on the player to already know how stuff works. The example I like to use is Heat Man's stage, which has fairly simple disappearing block patterns, but then has a massive spike in difficulty. I only really know it from years of playing the games, but just know that when the first game in your series was both really difficult and easily accessible, then this game really doesn't live up to that.
Currently inactive. May return someday.

In case you're wondering, Lucky 7 is a private group not open to new members. Koopciel and I are the only representatives on the MMM Forums.

Getan Und Gesagt

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri May 17, 2019 5:18 pm

DAS wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Brazen will hate me for this, but almost every stage in Mega Man 2. Keep in mind the "almost" part. I still think stages like Wood Man, but almost every stage has a major design problem, namely, the game being heavily reliant on trial and error for new players. Even the hardest sections in the original game were fairly accessible because of a gradual increase in difficulty, such as the Foot Holders which, programming quirks aside, start off by themselves, but then add the Pengs and later on they add spikes above you. Mega Man 2 has almost none of that and ends up relying on the player to already know how stuff works. The example I like to use is Heat Man's stage, which has fairly simple disappearing block patterns, but then has a massive spike in difficulty. I only really know it from years of playing the games, but just know that when the first game in your series was both really difficult and easily accessible, then this game really doesn't live up to that.
I second MM2's flawed level designs. Only level I personally enjoyed was Metal Man's, and even then, I feel it could be improved.

I think one of the reasons MM2 got so out of hand with its trial and error gameplay and questionable level design, is because of the quality-of-life changes that came with E-Tanks and the password system. They attempted to rebalance the game difficulty around those new additions, but ended up (possibly unintentionally) filling the game with artificial difficulty as a result. MM1 on the other hand needed to be balanced to ensure it was possible to complete in one run without the player luxuries of passwords or E-Tanks.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:10 pm

DAS wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Really?

Slwoly increasing difficulty is present in:

-Wood Man
-Crash Man's crash lifts, slowly increase, then brought bak in wily 4
-Metal Man's presses > over endless pit crossing
-Arguable, but Air man has slow difficulty increases with the devil horns and fan fiends
-Mech Joes in Flash Man's stage

And those are only a few examples. MM1's elec man throws you right into a room with hard jumps and 3 spinies, and long ladders with the green flying robits (forget what they are called). This is ridiculous. Ice Man puts you with the footholders with an endless pit under immediately. The pengs ust make the experience worse. You call that a straightforward increase?

On to the stages. Bad stages:

-Quick Man
-Wily 4
-Heat Man without item 2

Mediocre stages:

-Wily 2
-Air Man

Good stages:

-Wood Man
-Metal Man
-Flash Man
-Heat Man with item 2
-Crash Man
-Bubble Man
-All wilys (Ex. 2 and 4)

Only Heat Man and quick man has a huge spike
Forget about the rain

Mega1221

Post by Mega1221 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:23 am

Leaf Shield also works with stunning Quick Man
The date my fan game is coming out might be Mid/ Late January 2020.
Lol sorry :lol: :lol: :lol: