Mega Man: Fully Charged is a comic now

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
Mega Pokebattlerz
Discord: Mega Pokebattlerz#4489

Mega Man: Fully Charged is a comic now

Post by Mega Pokebattlerz » Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 am

https://www.rockman-corner.com/2020/05/ ... k.html?m=1

So I know not everyone was a fan of the show (personally, I thought it was OK), but what are your thoughts on this?
ded

Casual Builder

Re: Mega Man: Fully Charged is a comic now

Post by Casual Builder » Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 am

No, thanks. Fully Charged was a failed experiment.

I'd love to see Archie Comics' run resurrected and continuing on... but real life is a b***h.
Being a Casual Builder is always boring.
Ladies and Gentlemen... meet SunSwagger - a supreme being whose goal is to make all inferior lifeforms a lot cooler. 8-)

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Fri May 22, 2020 12:03 am

guess something like this was bound to happened sooner or later.
Levels:
Banzai Woman

BenPlusMM
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Sat May 23, 2020 6:29 pm

I took one look at FC back when it was new and denounced it for being irredeemably awful. I don’t want to read the comic unless they make Groundrill Man canon—I mean unless they make it interesting. The only MM comic I’d be interested in is an IDW reboot. Sonic is a good role model for once.
crima

Lozof
Discord: Lozof Wrily#1785

Post by Lozof » Tue May 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Casual Builder wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 am
No, thanks. Fully Charged was a failed experiment.

I'd love to see Archie Comics' run resurrected and continuing on... but real life is a b***h.
Well... I understand what it was trying to do which most people apparently don't. Do you know how old people might be that played the NES games when they came out? I'm pretty certain they are old enough to have children by now. Of course this series is targeted at children, but it does teach some valuable lessons for the youngest in our society. And if some parent and Mega Man fan watches this show (with their kids), they not just watch a kids show, but also a show with neat throwbacks and references to the original games. It might have been a failed experiment (the MM fanbase actually is a broad spectrum, so it really is targeted to "just" a very small audience), but it really isn't that bad as people make it out to be. While Archie Comics might be more popular and I do understand why, I somewhat get annoyed how often they go the very obvious path when rereading them - especially for jokes and references. Fully Charged is actually more creative in that regard and therefore storywise more interesting in my opinion.

I don't need people to agree with me on that one, but I would be happy if they didn't have a black and Light viewpoint so often...
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

8-bit music: Lozof Music

Playing Your Mega Man Maker levels: Doctor Wrily