Fan Made Mega Man games

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
User avatar
Deminutive
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:26 pm
Location: Sarajevo

Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Deminutive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 pm

what are your opinions/Experience with the games? I have played ie Minus Infinity, Super Fighting Robot, Unlimited, Mega Man vs Street Fighter, somehow I couldn´t run 2.5D, but the games I played are very very interesting and playable.


Any recommendations?
________________________________________________________
I see...
...Absolutely nothing.

User avatar
happygreenfrog
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:16 am
Location: Texas, United States... Uh... Planet Earth?... Can locations really be this long? o_0
Discord: happygreenfrog#1860

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by happygreenfrog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Have you played Rock Force yet? That one's pretty great, and I've heard that another huge update for it is in the works, so it could be even more amazing soon.

Also, I'd highly recommend Doctor Wily's Final Attack. If nothing else, some of the ideas used in the fortress are great, and it has a rather enjoyable unlockable bonus level as well, not to mention that the bosses are usually pretty solid. I also enjoy some of the Robot Master stages, though some of them are admittedly a tad bit on the plain side of things.
Non-hater of MMX7, writer of long forum posts, and maker of obscure indee vidya gamez.
I know, I know, I'm weird. :lol:

Klinsk
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Klinsk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 am

Well, there are still quite a few WIP, but my favorites are:

- Rock Force
- Super Fighting Robot (awesome leveldesign and unique bosses)
- Mega Man Dongs (a spoof on Mega Man games, Bright Man's stage is HILARIOUS, the levels can be quite challenging, prepare to die A LOT)
- Revenge Of The Fallen (has some nice leveldesign)
- Mega Man Unlimited (awesome leveldesign and unique bosses)

ironhide1975
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm
Location: Your Granny
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by ironhide1975 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 am

I was just going to ask. Is there a definitely list of Fan Made games? (other than MMHP?)

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3478
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Royalguard » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Meegah Mem - The best MegaMan fan game ever made.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

User avatar
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:30 pm
Location: Netherlands
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by WreckingPrograms » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:52 pm

ironhide1975 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 am
I was just going to ask. Is there a definitely list of Fan Made games? (other than MMHP?)
Flashman85 is maintaining such a list. It may not have every fangame out there, but it has the vast majority of them, including obscure ones. You can find it here: http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1505
Created this game, I guess.

ironhide1975
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm
Location: Your Granny
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by ironhide1975 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Holy Molly! Is there really that many fan made games?

Well let me ask this, I'm working my way playing through the Mega Man games again while I'm between jobs. I just finished MM4 the other night. I'm hoping to play up to 10 and then try MM Unlimited. What other top 5 fan made games should I play (and that are decent.)

User avatar
ivanmegafanboy
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm
Location: Yes

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by ivanmegafanboy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 am

Oh, fangames?
The ones made by Blyka are superb. SuperDanny 2 and SuperDanny Powered Up have a very nice twist on the normal megaman formula, while also being a crossover beetween classic megaman games and a charming inside joke about a web master of the old MegaMan Legends Universe site.
Starman upgraded is short and dandy. But difficult. Features Star man going on a rampage through 4 remixed levels from Megaman V (the gameboy one), with intentionally clunky gameplay, because Starman is not the blue bomber. Did I mention that is one of the few fan games based on Megaman V? Because I wish that was more frequent.
Finally, his last fangame ever: Megaman Endless. It's just a normal Endless room mode with levels from a contest. Just good.

These tree. Everybody should try them.

User avatar
Konigstar
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 am

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Konigstar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 am

Klinsk wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 am
Well, there are still quite a few WIP, but my favorites are:

- Rock Force
- Super Fighting Robot (awesome leveldesign and unique bosses)
- Mega Man Dongs (a spoof on Mega Man games, Bright Man's stage is HILARIOUS, the levels can be quite challenging, prepare to die A LOT)
- Revenge Of The Fallen (has some nice leveldesign)
- Mega Man Unlimited (awesome leveldesign and unique bosses)
I love Megaman Dongs, some of the gags are hilarious. 'Bright Man, the Smartest Robot Master' is a big plus as well.
Levels:
Green Heights (ID: DELETED)
The Neverending Room (ID: 159533)
Bombermine (ID: DELETED)
'Nam (ID: DELETED)
Coin Man (ID:177957)
H2O Industries (ID: DELETED)
Patchwork Tower (ID: 186788)
Furyoku no akushon (ID: 189720)

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3478
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Royalguard » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 am

Mega Man Sprite Game - Arguably the most amazing plot ever in a Mega Man fan game. (Only play if you don't mind the occasional swearing.)
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

ironhide1975
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm
Location: Your Granny
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by ironhide1975 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 pm

What was the story with the MegaMan Legends site? I'm not familiar with this.
ivanmegafanboy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 am
Oh, fangames?
The ones made by Blyka are superb. SuperDanny 2 and SuperDanny Powered Up have a very nice twist on the normal megaman formula, while also being a crossover beetween classic megaman games and a charming inside joke about a web master of the old MegaMan Legends Universe site.
Starman upgraded is short and dandy. But difficult. Features Star man going on a rampage through 4 remixed levels from Megaman V (the gameboy one), with intentionally clunky gameplay, because Starman is not the blue bomber. Did I mention that is one of the few fan games based on Megaman V? Because I wish that was more frequent.
Finally, his last fangame ever: Megaman Endless. It's just a normal Endless room mode with levels from a contest. Just good.

These tree. Everybody should try them.

User avatar
ivanmegafanboy
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm
Location: Yes

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by ivanmegafanboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:24 pm

ironhide1975 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 pm
What was the story with the MegaMan Legends site? I'm not familiar with this.
It is not a story per se, but Super Danny is based around a guy from that site that was friends with Blyka

User avatar
DSN001
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm
Location: Republic of Turkey
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by DSN001 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:20 pm

mega pony. good game, you can select 6 mares once you finished the game.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2548
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Bean man » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:06 pm

Mega Man Y+1
Release date: never
I'm actually a beta-tester. Yay.
Image

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:37 pm

The good:
Rock Force: Great game, if not a bit easy.
Mega Man Maker: Do I really need to explain
Mega Man Royale: Really fun online multiplayer Mega Man.
Mug Man Fiter Meleeeeeeeee/Mega Man Sprite Game/Meegah Mem: God-tier titles.

The bad:
Mega Man Unlimited: Great presentation, but annoying gameplay.
Mega Man X Street Fighter: Utterly lackluster, though again, great presentation.
My Mega Man 2 ROM hack: Not finished yet. Doesn't that suck.
Image

User avatar
DSN001
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm
Location: Republic of Turkey
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by DSN001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am

Mega Man Robot Master Tournament can be downloaded, so it is also good game
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:00 pm

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Mega Man Recharged by Lars Luron.

Sprite's Inc Thread

Playthroughs of 8 robot master levels


MegaphilX the author of Mega Man Unlimited is working on another Mega Man game also...

New Mega Man game in development

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:45 pm

Image

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3478
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Royalguard » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:29 pm

http://nicoevaluates.com/gamerankings/

Decent listing of Mega Man games (including Mega Man fan games, Mega Man clones, and Mega Man bootlegs), comes with review rating and comments, listing seems pretty regularly updated as he updates the list every time he completes a new game on his Youtube channel.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Fan Made Mega Man games

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:29 pm
http://nicoevaluates.com/gamerankings/

Decent listing of Mega Man games (including Mega Man fan games, Mega Man clones, and Mega Man bootlegs), comes with review rating and comments, listing seems pretty regularly updated as he updates the list every time he completes a new game on his Youtube channel.
Mega Man 2 & 3 Tiger electronics below Mega Man 9? unsubbed.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests