How do you get better at MM?

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
LightDaemon

How do you get better at MM?

Post by LightDaemon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:34 pm

I don't use checkpoints no more. I make a save-state at the start of the level and whenever I die, I just use the save-state. Of course I could just purposefully lose all my lives so the game brings me back to the start of the level, but it takes too much time.

I think this is a nice way of going for the no hit challenge.
Tired of Internet

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: How do you get better at MM?

Post by Royalguard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 pm

I try to stick to using only the default buster as much as possible, trying to avoid special weapons unless absolutely necessary.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 pm
I try to stick to using only the default buster as much as possible, trying to avoid special weapons unless absolutely necessary.
It depends which level actually. Metal blade comes in handy many times in MM2 (wood man stage, wily 2, etc...)
Tired of Internet

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm

LightDaemon wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm
It depends which level actually. Metal blade comes in handy many times in MM2 (wood man stage, wily 2, etc...)
Of course they do, but I play MM2 strictly avoiding Metal blades due to being broken.

First I play through normally, then I go through again using save states to learn where's best to use certain weapons. You'd be surprised I actually had uses for most weapons. After that I go through a third time using all the weapons in the areas I deemed best for use.

Fun way to beat Quick man: get a fully-charged Atomic fire and hit him with it, use Time-stopper and stand where he's about to land then hit him with a Crash bomb and he's dead.

I also resent the easy mode of the game for literally bringing no challenge at all.

Okay yes alright okay

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Royalguard wrote:
I thought no hit runs were usually done buster only.
Bean man wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm
LightDaemon wrote:
I also resent the easy mode of the game for literally bringing no challenge at all.
Boobeam Trap would like to have a word with you.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:28 pm

SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 pm
I've learned how to take it out easily, just have to be precise. Also I recommend just using the pause glitch during the beginning.

Okay yes alright okay

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:39 pm

SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 pm
Royalguard wrote:
I thought no hit runs were usually done buster only.
Bean man wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm
LightDaemon wrote:
You can certainly do no-hit runs while still using multiple weapons, but it isn't as impressive, as you have much more ways of tackling situations due to your larger set of tools to use.

Its usually more challenging to do a no-hit run only using the bare minimum needed tools to complete the level, usually buster only, sometimes buster only and a utility to get over walls or pits that are mandatory to cross to get to the end of the level. Hard Man's level in MM3 is a good example, as you can't complete the level period (without glitches) without using Rush Coil at least once to get over a high wall.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.