4-

3-

2 -

1-

Tired of Internet

LightDaemon

Re: TOP FIVE MM SONG

Post by LightDaemon » Mon May 27, 2019 9:06 pm

I WANT TO REMIND PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE TO PICK FIVE OF YOUR FAV SONGS, DON'T WRITE DOWN A 50 SONGS LIST BECAUSE NOBODY CARES.
Tired of Internet

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:09 pm

It's so hard to choose. My top 5 woud probably all be from MM3 tho
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

Redcrazykirby

Post by Redcrazykirby » Tue May 28, 2019 12:31 am

The choice was really hard ! There is so more than 5 MM musics that gave me chills. But here I made a choice :

# 1 PROTO MAN'S CASTLE
MM5 is my second favourite MM, and this music is just epic !

# 2 MEGAMAN GB WILY STAGES 1
Brings back a lot of nostalgia, this one is just also epic. I'd really like to have it in MMM.

# 3 PLANT MAN
This one is just so good :) The end of the NES and they could achieve something like this in 8-bit. We can see the progress since MM1. I love it.

# 4 GALAXY MAN
Same comment as the last one but fifteen years later !

# 5 ASTRO MAN (RM 8 FC)
I hesitated a long time for the 5th, and I thought I had to add a MM8 music. This MM has a so different exotic atmosphere than the others. I really liked this game. Astro Man theme is the perfect example of that exotism. They never did something like this before.

Try my own version of a MMPU demake => MEGAMAN 1 UPGRADED

TrashMan69

Re: TOP FIVE MM SONGS

Post by TrashMan69 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:10 am

Okay this will be REALLY hard for me... but, here I go!

1: Farewell to Ballade (Special Stage 3): MM10:
Arguably the most emotional track in the classic series, this theme shows that emotion can be apparent in any music, even chip-tune, I absolutely adore every part of this song and it really gives a sad but powerful feel to the stage, while still being catchy. A remarkable song all in all and my personal favorite in the classic series <3

2: Fake Man (Special Stage Theme): MM9:
This theme is so underrated its not even funny, while the rest of 9's ost is praised for its catchy tunes this one always gets overlooked and its a shame, really brings out the "Patrol" feeling while incorporating some unique sounds not heard before in the soundtrack. I love it!

3: Junk Mans Theme: MM7:
Holy crap 7's ost is a beauty, this song really gives you the abandoned factory feeling well and is overall an absolute JAM to listen too, it delivers pretty much every minute and ever since ive first played 7 its been engraved in my mind. Best part is its extremely varied, which keeps the song refreshing! Yknow what they say! One mans Trash (or in this case JUNK..) is another Mans Treasure!

4: Torch Man's Theme: MM11:
I have a strong feeling ill be shamed a bit for this but yknow what? I don't care 11's ost is good! Torch man is probably one of the most high energy themes in 11 and it fits the stage and even the sound font to a tee, the fast pace of the song perfectly reflects Torch mans character and it's just one of those songs that gets you PUMPED as your making you way through a stage! Defend Yourself!! HIYA!

5: Tengu Man's Theme (Sega Saturn Version): MM8:
This and Cold Mans theme were neck and neck for this spot, but ultimately i like this theme a bit more, the trumpets are really cool, and the tempo and beat of the song give you that "Lets Do This!!" kinda vibe, it could possibbly be better suited for a wind stage, but honestly that's the last thing on my mind when i listen to this track! Such a good tune!
Trash Tower Stages:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8438

Currently stuck in a dimensional rift, yeah dont ask..

6/10/19 The Day Light Was Cast onto the Shad0ws

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Post by UlticraftMTT » Tue May 28, 2019 6:46 am

My personal top 5 songs are:

1. Strange World (Dr. Wily Stage 3) - Mega Man 9

2. Wily Marine Fortress - Mega Man III GB

3. Mega Water S Stage - Mega Man: The Wily Wars

4. Title and Wily Stage - Mega Man II GB

5. Dynamo Man Stage - Mega Man and Bass

Late Game Wily Stage themes are usually my favorite
crystal worm of doom

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm

TrashMan69 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:10 am

Arguably the most emotional track in the classic series, this theme shows that emotion can be apparent in any music, even chip-tune, I absolutely adore every part of this song and it really gives a sad but powerful feel to the stage, while still being catchy. A remarkable song all in all and my personal favorite in the classic series <3

This theme is so underrated its not even funny, while the rest of 9's ost is praised for its catchy tunes this one always gets overlooked and its a shame, really brings out the "Patrol" feeling while incorporating some unique sounds not heard before in the soundtrack. I love it!

Holy crap 7's ost is a beauty, this song really gives you the abandoned factory feeling well and is overall an absolute JAM to listen too, it delivers pretty much every minute and ever since ive first played 7 its been engraved in my mind. Best part is its extremely varied, which keeps the song refreshing! Yknow what they say! One mans Trash (or in this case JUNK..) is another Mans Treasure!

I have a strong feeling ill be shamed a bit for this but yknow what? I don't care 11's ost is good! Torch man is probably one of the most high energy themes in 11 and it fits the stage and even the sound font to a tee, the fast pace of the song perfectly reflects Torch mans character and it's just one of those songs that gets you PUMPED as your making you way through a stage! Defend Yourself!! HIYA!

This and Cold Mans theme were neck and neck for this spot, but ultimately i like this theme a bit more, the trumpets are really cool, and the tempo and beat of the song give you that "Lets Do This!!" kinda vibe, it could possibbly be better suited for a wind stage, but honestly that's the last thing on my mind when i listen to this track! Such a good tune!
Jesus christ. I didn't know you had such shitty tastes.
Tired of Internet

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:52 pm

5. Gemini Man
Has a unique, ominous feel to it, and I like the instruments a lot. Underrated.
4. Tundra Man
MM11's soundtrack is underrated for sure, but Tundra Man definitely had the most powerful feel to it.
3. Wily 1/2, Mega Man 2
Best wily theme ever. Unique and epic, gives off a good feel preparing for the wily stages.
2. Shadow Man
from the pianoesque start and sudden change in tone at the end, this theme is fun to listen to unlike its stage.
1. MM3 title screen
Okay, so it's not stage music but I can't deny it the number one spot.

Honorable mentions:
Wily 1 & 2, MM8
Blade Man, Sheep Man
MM2 ending (not credits, but the ending)
Snake Man, Needle Man
Dust Man
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

GamerFromTheWeb

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 pm

LightDaemon wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm
TrashMan69 wrote:

bitch you have no room to talk your favorite song is fucking search man and your 3rd favorite is clown man
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel
or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm

GamerFromTheWeb wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 pm
LightDaemon wrote:
TrashMan69 wrote:

bitch you have no room to talk your favorite song is fucking search man and your 3rd favorite is clown man
Yeah, jazz is probably too intellectual for illiterates of your kind.

You need these "pew-pew", "boom" "bam", "yeah kiddos!" type of songs to get yourself excited.
Tired of Internet

GamerFromTheWeb

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Tue May 28, 2019 8:31 pm

LightDaemon wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm
GamerFromTheWeb wrote:
LightDaemon wrote:

You need these "pew-pew", "boom" "bam", "yeah kiddos!" type of songs to get yourself excited.
neither search man or clown man is jazz what are you talking about
get your fisher price bubblegum dum dum bitchass outta here

GamerFromTheWeb

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Tue May 28, 2019 8:57 pm

1: Flash in the Dark (Wily 1) - MM9
2: Impact Man - MM11
3: Wily Tower 2 - Mega Man: The Wily Wars
4: No Turning Back (Wily 3) - MM10
5: Silent Rain (Wily 1 Entrance) - MM10

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 pm

GamerFromTheWeb wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:31 pm
LightDaemon wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm
GamerFromTheWeb wrote:

neither search man or clown man is jazz what are you talking about
Wow you are jumping blind into a very large bottomless pit here, I don't think you have the least bit of understanding of what jazz is and why these songs were influenced by jazz.

Japanese pop music is partly inspired by jazz, especially in the 80's/90's.
Tired of Internet

Joaje

Post by Joaje » Tue May 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Welp, while y'all are arguing about the definition of jazz within the Mega Man OST (in which Search Man isn't necessarily jazz, it just possesses a couple jazzy traits, such as a dynamically developing chord progression and the utilization of solo-esque melodies as opposed to your average Mega Man track), I might as well drop off my Top 5 off here (in which "taste" is subjective, bad taste isn't an objective fact)

1. Mega Man 8 - Frost Man
2. Mega Man 9 - Hornet Man (Hornet Dance)
3. Mega Man 10 - Chill Man (Absolute Chill)
4. Mega Man 8 - Search Man
5. Mega Man 11 - Blast Man

(Honorable mentions to Splash Woman's theme as well as Acid Man's theme, as I also really like those two tunes)

I don't know why, but I just get a kick out of some of the more fluid tunes from the Mega Man series, and the later titles seem to have a lot of that.
That'll be -10 irony points for you there, bud.

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Tue May 28, 2019 10:43 pm

Welp, while y'all are arguing about the definition of jazz within the Mega Man OST (in which Search Man isn't necessarily jazz, it just possesses a couple jazzy traits, such as a dynamically developing chord progression and the utilization of solo-esque melodies as opposed to your average Mega Man track), I might as well drop off my Top 5 off here (in which "taste" is subjective, bad taste isn't an objective fact)
Coming up with a definition of jazz is very hard, if not impossible. There are lot more than classical jazz : acid jazz, jazz funk, etc... MM&B and MM8 seem to belong to these "outsiders" categories in some instances. Music doesn't always belong to a generic genre, sometimes you have a bit of everything in one song.

As for the subjectivness of "taste", it was all just a joke, I was teasing Trash Man, he and I are good friends and we have discussed the subject in the past. As for GamerFromTheWeb, I don't know him well enough but I bet he was joking.

I don't consider TrashMan's picks as bad in reality. ;)

Yes, I'm becoming more and more of a forum troll. Am I the new Fanduber????? :shock:
Tired of Internet

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 pm

In no particular order:

Jewel Man (MM9)
Wily Space Station (MM10)
Wave Man (MM5)
Centaur Man (MM6)
Bounce Man (MM10)
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Joaje

Post by Joaje » Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 pm

LightDaemon wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:43 pm
Coming up with a definition of jazz is very hard, if not impossible. There are lot more than classical jazz : acid jazz, jazz funk, etc... MM&B and MM8 seem to belong to these "outsiders" categories in some instances. Music doesn't always belong to a generic genre, sometimes you have a bit of everything in one song.

As for the subjectivness of "taste", it was all just a joke, I was teasing Trash Man, he and I are good friends and we have discussed the subject in the past. As for GamerFromTheWeb, I don't know him well enough but I bet he was joking.

I don't consider TrashMan's picks as bad in reality. ;)

Yes, I'm becoming more and more of a forum troll. Am I the new Fanduber????? :shock:
Fair points all around, and yeah, GamerFromTheWeb jokes around a lot. Not really familiar with you too much, not sure if you're on the Discord or not, so I decided to tread lightly with my reply. And yeah on the musical points, it's difficult to properly categorize music into simple genres just because of how unique a piece can be. MM8 has a lot of non-traditional jazziness to it, which may help explain why I appreciate the soundtrack from it so much.

And yeah, you're gonna get your entire country banned ;)
That'll be -10 irony points for you there, bud.

Obderhode
Discord: Obderhode

Post by Obderhode » Wed May 29, 2019 1:39 am

Fun topic. :) Here are my top 5. Realistically though, I like almost all Mega Man music, but these are my current favorites.

#5 - Wind Man

How can you not be happy when you hear this song? :D

#4 - Dark Man Stages

#3 - Snake Man

Was going to pick Launch Octopus here, but can't. :(

#2 - Abandoned Memory

Was going to pick Network Transmission - Star Man.EXE here, but can't. :(

#1 - Gear Fortress

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed May 29, 2019 4:16 am

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:37 pm
Going to just copy and paste my list from the last time a topic was made regarding this.

1 - MM3: Spark Man
2 - MM3: Top Man
3 - MM3: Magnet Man
4 - MM10: Nitro Man
5 - MM1: Elec Man
6 - MM9: Fake Man
7 - MM4: Dive Man
8 - MM7: Cloud Man
9 - MM3: Hard Man
10 - MMII (GB): Hard Man
5 - MM1: Elec Man

4 - MM10: Nitro Man

3 - MM3: Magnet Man

2 - MM3: Top Man

1 - MM3: Spark Man
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Mega1221
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340

Post by Mega1221 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:25 pm

5 - Needle Man

4 - Dust Man

3 - Crash Man

2 - Star Man

1 - Nitro Man

Honorable Mention:
Wily Stages 1-2 Mega Man 1,
Skull Man, Blast Man and Freeze Man