Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
Post Reply
User avatar
Lozof
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Stuck in the level editor
Discord: Lozof#1785
Contact:

Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Lozof » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:56 am

I was honestly surprised when I found out, that especially few robot masters are based on flora: Only Wood Man and Plant Man. That got me thinking: Could / Should one call some more robot masters plant-themed? My best idea for this would be Hornet Man because his stage actually features a few plant robots. But since Hornet Man is only about a hornet hive, it might be too much of a stretch. What are your opinions on that matter?
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My current project:
Image

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Well, it's hard with the hornet, as his stage has only a plant aesthetic and flower presenters. Though possibly divivsive, hornet man is not a plant based RM, but a nature-based one instead. Manchester on nature?
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

LeonardMan
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:56 am
I was honestly surprised when I found out, that especially few robot masters are based on flora: Only Wood Man and Plant Man. That got me thinking: Could / Should one call some more robot masters plant-themed? My best idea for this would be Hornet Man because his stage actually features a few plant robots. But since Hornet Man is only about a hornet hive, it might be too much of a stretch. What are your opinions on that matter?
Instead of a "Plant" theme, I would call it "Nature" theme (Nature is both plants and animals), or as I personally used to call it, the "Wood" element (Wood can also mean "Forest", including the animals that live and thrive in the woods).

Within such a definition, the robot masters fitting in this theme would be: Wood Man, Snake Man, Plant Man, Slash Man, Search Man and Hornet Man.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Lozof
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Stuck in the level editor
Discord: Lozof#1785
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Lozof » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:27 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Instead of a "Plant" theme, I would call it "Nature" theme (Nature is both plants and animals), or as I personally used to call it, the "Wood" element (Wood can also mean "Forest", including the animals that live and thrive in the woods).

Within such a definition, the robot masters fitting in this theme would be: Wood Man, Snake Man, Plant Man, Slash Man, Search Man and Hornet Man.
I personally would rather seperate between flora and fauna. Plants and animals would be seperate groups for me while Search Man seems more like a military guy. But I think it is a neat idea for a robot master group!
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My current project:
Image

User avatar
Lozof
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Stuck in the level editor
Discord: Lozof#1785
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Lozof » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:55 pm
Well, it's hard with the hornet, as his stage has only a plant aesthetic and flower presenters. Though possibly divivsive, hornet man is not a plant based RM, but a nature-based one instead. Manchester on nature?
His stage and his general theme does have the best symbiosis with plants, but since he himself does lack any plant-like feature, I'd have to agree.
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My current project:
Image

LeonardMan
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:27 pm
I personally would rather seperate between flora and fauna. Plants and animals would be seperate groups for me
Well, two Robot Masters don't justify an entire separate category, but you could include fangame ones such as Leaf Man (Mega Man SFR) and Forest Man(Rokko-chan). Don't know if any other fangames have any more plant-themed bosses.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Lozof
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Stuck in the level editor
Discord: Lozof#1785
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Lozof » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:30 pm
Well, two Robot Masters don't justify an entire separate category, but you could include fangame ones such as Leaf Man (Mega Man SFR) and Forest Man(Rokko-chan). Don't know if any other fangames have any more plant-themed bosses.
I'm currently making polls about the favourite robot master of specific themes and would rather limit it to the official games. If I were to include fangames now, there would probably be a gigantic debate if they and also which one's should or shouldn't be included. Especially since I already did quite a few polls without them and if I did include them, it would easily break the poll limit of 10 answers for some themes. While you might not think it's worth it, I do think themes with only two or even just one robot master are acceptable before I have to make up an unconventional theme. I currently wouldn't know where Skull Man and Acid Man could fit. And who knows, maybe there will be more robot masters for those categories in the future?
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My current project:
Image

LeonardMan
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:28 pm

Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm
I currently wouldn't know where Skull Man and Acid Man could fit.
Ah, Skull Man... Yeah, I've had troubles classifying him FOR YEARS, and I STILL can't find a category for him!

As for Acid Man, this might sound weird to you, but since I classify Toad Man and Toxic Seahorse as Water-types, I decided to do the same to Acid Man. There are so few acid-based bosses that, just as with plant-based ones, I may as well just merge them into another category.

For the unclassifiable ones like Skull Man, I'd put him in a "miscellaneous" or "others" category, along with Oil Man.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 pm

Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm
I currently wouldn't know where Skull Man could fit.
LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:28 pm
Ah, Skull Man... Yeah, I've had troubles classifying him FOR YEARS, and I STILL can't find a category for him!
Skull Man, with his skeleton theme, is pretty clearly linked around "Death" as a theme.

Skull Man could in theory be categorized with Dust Man and Junk Man, as are both located in scrapyard type areas where the broken remains of robots are discarded to, which could be implied as the robot equivalents of "Death".

Pharaoh Man could also be themed around "Death", as he has mummy themed enemies in his level, and the tomb he is located in is a resting place for the dead.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:50 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 pm
Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm
I currently wouldn't know where Skull Man could fit.
LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:28 pm
Ah, Skull Man... Yeah, I've had troubles classifying him FOR YEARS, and I STILL can't find a category for him!
Skull Man, with his skeleton theme, is pretty clearly linked around "Death" as a theme.

Skull Man could in theory be categorized with Dust Man and Junk Man, as are both located in scrapyard type areas where the broken remains of robots are discarded to, which could be implied as the robot equivalents of "Death".

Pharaoh Man could also be themed around "Death", as he has mummy themed enemies in his level, and the tomb he is located in is a resting place for the dead.
MM4 has a lot of dead RMs.
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:50 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 pm
Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm
I currently wouldn't know where Skull Man could fit.
LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:28 pm
Ah, Skull Man... Yeah, I've had troubles classifying him FOR YEARS, and I STILL can't find a category for him!
Skull Man, with his skeleton theme, is pretty clearly linked around "Death" as a theme.

Skull Man could in theory be categorized with Dust Man and Junk Man, as are both located in scrapyard type areas where the broken remains of robots are discarded to, which could be implied as the robot equivalents of "Death".

Pharaoh Man could also be themed around "Death", as he has mummy themed enemies in his level, and the tomb he is located in is a resting place for the dead.
MM4 has a lot of dead RMs.
I guess Dr. Cossack may have some issues that might be worth addressing.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

LeonardMan
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:50 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 pm
Skull Man, with his skeleton theme, is pretty clearly linked around "Death" as a theme.

Skull Man could in theory be categorized with Dust Man and Junk Man, as are both located in scrapyard type areas where the broken remains of robots are discarded to, which could be implied as the robot equivalents of "Death".

Pharaoh Man could also be themed around "Death", as he has mummy themed enemies in his level, and the tomb he is located in is a resting place for the dead.
MM4 has a lot of dead RMs.
I guess Dr. Cossack may have some issues that might be worth addressing.
Poor man hasn't quite yet gotten over the death of his wife, I guess :( I mean, in the castle it's just him, his daughter, and his robots.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Nigel Chinclucker
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:30 pm
Lozof wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:27 pm
I personally would rather seperate between flora and fauna. Plants and animals would be seperate groups for me
Well, two Robot Masters don't justify an entire separate category, but you could include fangame ones such as Leaf Man (Mega Man SFR) and Forest Man(Rokko-chan). Don't know if any other fangames have any more plant-themed bosses.
If we only include robot masters with animals as their names, that would be 3 (Snake Man, Toad Man, and Sheep Man). But they're classified as beastlike on the Mega Man wiki, which also includes bosses like Splash Woman, Centaur Man, and Pluto.

Also, concerning robot masters like Skull Man, I tend to put them in a category I just call "Break," but "Other" would also work, and would include robot masters like Strike Man and Bounce Man. I'm probably gonna make a chart with all the types I can think of.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

User avatar
Lozof
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Stuck in the level editor
Discord: Lozof#1785
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Lozof » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 am

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm
If we only include robot masters with animals as their names, that would be 3 (Snake Man, Toad Man, and Sheep Man). But they're classified as beastlike on the Mega Man wiki, which also includes bosses like Splash Woman, Centaur Man, and Pluto.

Also, concerning robot masters like Skull Man, I tend to put them in a category I just call "Break," but "Other" would also work, and would include robot masters like Strike Man and Bounce Man. I'm probably gonna make a chart with all the types I can think of.
I could imagine that Spring Man and Bounce could fit into the same category. Feel free to tell me about your chart when you have finished!
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My current project:
Image

LeonardMan
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm
Also, concerning robot masters like Skull Man, I tend to put them in a category I just call "Break," but "Other" would also work, and would include robot masters like Strike Man and Bounce Man.
Lozof wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 am
I could imagine that Spring Man and Bounce could fit into the same category.
I'm pretty sure Spring Man, Strike Man and Bounce Man belong into the "Toy" theme with the likes of Top Man or Yo-Yo Man.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Lozof
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Stuck in the level editor
Discord: Lozof#1785
Contact:

Re: Who / What is a plant-based robot master?

Post by Lozof » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:25 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:48 pm
I'm pretty sure Spring Man, Strike Man and Bounce Man belong into the "Toy" theme with the likes of Top Man or Yo-Yo Man.
That's also a theme I am thinking about after I saw this diagram: https://www.deviantart.com/ronnieraccoo ... -160856434
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My current project:
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests