Mythological robot masters - Your favourites

Discuss anything related to Mega Man

Who is your favourite mythological robot master?

Pharaoh Man (MM 4 - DWN.028)
29%
Centaur Man (MM 6 - DWN.042)
14%
Tengu Man (MM 8 - DWN.057)
29%
Splash Woman (MM 9 - DWN.067)
29%

Total votes: 7

Lozof
Discord: Lozof#1785

Mythological robot masters - Your favourites

Post by Lozof » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:58 pm

In the old days people sure had some interesting ideas for monsters and unusual creatures: Centaurs, mermaids and tengus is pretty old fiction, while pharaohs where real, but were supposed to have godly powers. So which robot master based on mythological creatures / powers intrigues you the most?
My 8-bit music channel on Youtube: Lozof Music

My Mega Man Maker channel: Doctor Wrily

My Powered Up demake in MMM (content on both channels; start at Intro Stage, ID: 269134):

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Mythological robot masters - Your favourites

Post by Royalguard » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Why are the three members of the Genesis Unit not listed? All three are based on characters from the Chinese mythological story "Journey To The West". Just curious.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:28 am

My wonder in such polls is which one is going to be voted, the robot master that is seen mythological most to me or the robot master which I liked in this poll.
If I consider 1st, then my answer is centaur man
If I consider 2nd, then my answer is splash woman
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

Lozof

Post by Lozof » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:49 pm
Why are the three members of the Genesis Unit not listed? All three are based on characters from the Chinese mythological story "Journey To The West". Just curious.
On one side I forgot about them, on the other side the Genesis Unit are also specific characters rather than mere mythological "creatures". And it would probably also look weird to feature half the cast of only one game. But yeah, those three might be a bit too overlooked.
DSN001 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:28 am
My wonder in such polls is which one is going to be voted, the robot master that is seen mythological most to me or the robot master which I liked in this poll.
If I consider 1st, then my answer is centaur man
If I consider 2nd, then my answer is splash woman
Yeah, that's somewhat of a tough choice to make. I remember the discussion about Clown Man in my electric poll.
Why do you consider mermaids less mythological than centaurs?

My Powered Up demake in MMM (content on both channels; start at Intro Stage, ID: 269134):

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Lozof wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 pm
They're both equally mythological, but Splash Woman is probably more popular since she's the only female robot master. Pharaohs though?
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:00 pm
Lozof wrote:
They're both equally mythological, but Splash Woman is probably more popular since she's the only female robot master. Pharaohs though?
Pharaoh Man is based on Ra, the Egyptian sun god. Especially noticeable with Pharaoh Man's weapon Pharaoh Shot having the ability of generating a miniature sun-like projectile of heat energy above the head of its users. Sounds deserving of the title "mythological" to me at least.

Edit: Since I never stated prior who I voted for, I voted for Pharaoh Man.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Lozof wrote:
mermaids are not historical I think, they are urban legend made by pirates who hallucinated, I may be wrong. But centaurs seem war myths to me and I think they are more ancient
as for pharaohs and tengu, I don't know about tengus or yamatos, but pharaohs were real, so they are not myth, right?

Lozof

Post by Lozof » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm

DSN001 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:40 pm
mermaids are not historical I think, they are urban legend made by pirates who hallucinated, I may be wrong. But centaurs seem war myths to me and I think they are more ancient
as for pharaohs and tengu, I don't know about tengus or yamatos, but pharaohs were real, so they are not myth, right?
Mythology comes from myth and mermaids are a myth. They might be even older than you think; I read their inspiration possibly came from the sirens at one point (which is Greek Mythology). And I think the pirates who made up those legends are pretty historical. Tengus are some kind of yokai. And pharaohs were real, but - just like Royalguard wrote - their powers they supposedly got from their gods can certainly be classified as mythological. Or do you think the (sun) projectile throwing Pharaoh Man is based on a mere human king?

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Lozof wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm
DSN001 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:40 pm
Mythology comes from myth and mermaids are a myth. They might be even older than you think; I read their inspiration possibly came from the sirens at one point (which is Greek Mythology). And I think the pirates who made up those legends are pretty historical. Tengus are some kind of yokai. And pharaohs were real, but - just like Royalguard wrote - their powers they supposedly got from their gods can certainly be classified as mythological. Or do you think the (sun) projectile throwing Pharaoh Man is based on a mere human king?
you are right if pharaoh shot is made of sun. I always thought it was sand.

Lozof

Post by Lozof » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:13 am

DSN001 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:21 pm
"His Special Weapon is the Pharaoh Shot, a sphere that is charged with solar energy"
https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Pharaoh_Man

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Lozof wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:13 am
DSN001 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:21 pm
"His Special Weapon is the Pharaoh Shot, a sphere that is charged with solar energy"
https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Pharaoh_Man
Solar energy? The biggest pyramid (and I think most of them) have windows that sunlight go through them directly only 2 times in a year.