Let's Talk: MaGMML Series

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
Casual Builder

Let's Talk: MaGMML Series

Post by Casual Builder » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 am

Make a Good Mega Man Level... rolls off your tongue.

Making video game contests and allowing fans themselves to participate... is usually "a mixed bag" sort of thing. This series of contests about Mega Man, however, works wonders - amazing creativity, unique gimmicks, simple yet engaging plotline... it's everything every passionate Mega Man fan - including yours truly - would hope for.
So far, I consider Make a Good Mega Man Level Contests to be among the greatest Mega Man fan-games. And, just like many of you, I'm still expecting the 3rd contest - which is easily the LARGEST of them all.

I've played through Remastered version of the 1st contest - (and completed it for 100% legitimately), the 2nd one (several times), and I'm finally playing through Episode Zero for the first time (which is quite a difficult journey, but I'm still progressing through it).

Anyways, feel free to discuss the great series that is Make a Good Mega Man Level.
Being a Casual Builder is always boring.
Ladies and Gentlemen... meet SunSwagger - a supreme being whose goal is to make all inferior lifeforms a lot cooler. 8-)

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Re: Let's Talk: MaGMML Series

Post by NMario84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:17 am

I'm STILL waiting for the 3rd game.

Already played 1st game, already played 2nd game, already played the 25 hour one. .
Just a few buds hangin' out

Casual Builder

Re: Let's Talk: MaGMML Series

Post by Casual Builder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:17 am

UPDATE FROM MY FIRST POST:

I've managed to finish MaGMML: Episode Zero at 100%! (https://imgur.com/a/BXIqDbU)
I guess it's time for my honest review of this game. :ugeek:

In general, Episode Zero is a HUGE love letter to our favorite red goblin-shaped mysterious super prototype robot. As an interquel between MaGMML Contests 1 and 2, it does its job all too well, connecting the storyline very nicely and answering a lot of questions that would plague a lot of players who were playing the 2nd Contest - including myself.
Gameplay-wise, Zero delivers in terms of mobility and combat prowess: unlockable Chips are surely a blast to use in different situations. Lots of levels submitted into the game offer a lot of nice gimmicky platforming, as well as unique boss encounters along the way.
Speaking of levels, my personal favorites are: Defeat the Giant Spear Man! by CapedLuigisYoshi (Wario Land, baybeh!), Mojo Dojo by Big Fish and CSketch (mainly because of rap lyrics), Pepsi Zero by Scatman's World (Pepsi Man becomes even more funny, especially after watching AVGN episode about it), Robot Ink Printing Facility by LOLIPOP1136 (a very cool painting gimmick makes this level very unique and charming), and Out of Order by Cheez (a Crow boss from Super Mario Land 2 as a gimmick and boss? Sure, why not?).

Overall, MaGMML: Episode Zero is my personal recommendation for those who loves Mega Man franchise in general. However, it may turn out to be on the difficult side for some of you. I personally struggled with some parts of the game - but in the end, the eventual progression through Episode Zero worked out all too well.

Total Rating: 10/10
Being a Casual Builder is always boring.
Ladies and Gentlemen... meet SunSwagger - a supreme being whose goal is to make all inferior lifeforms a lot cooler. 8-)