I hate minecraft

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
User avatar
rollerC
Site Admin
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by rollerC » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:42 am

tbh I like Minecraft and I like other games and I'm not really interested in comparing them cuz some people like some games and others don't

unless there was work abuse behind the development of the game like L.A. Noire or something else controversial then it seems pretty trivial to me to argue but that's just me
pee

User avatar
Kun fu Cuts Man
Posts: 988
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955
Contact:

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:15 am

rollerC wrote: unless there was work abuse behind the development of the game like L.A. Noire or something else controversial then it seems pretty trivial to me to argue but that's just me
These are the MMM Forums:tm:, we literally made a 15 page long war because someone said Dust Man was A trash rm
ImageImage
Does this count?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 am

Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:15 am
rollerC wrote: unless there was work abuse behind the development of the game like L.A. Noire or something else controversial then it seems pretty trivial to me to argue but that's just me
These are the MMM Forums:tm:, we literally made a 15 page long war because someone said Dust Man was A trash rm
Bro Dust Man is the best MM4 RM who would say that Dust Man does not suck, he sucks, not sucks sucks

And now I feel ashamed for having MGSV
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

User avatar
Nuclearminer
Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 am
Location: Joining the Area 51 Raid
Discord: nuclearminer#4713

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Nuclearminer » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 am

ok this is a mess, but at some point someone brought up how MC is flooding youtube and pushing out the quality videos in favor of quantity.

that's not MCs fault

thats just how youtube is now
and has been since 2016
idk what im doing anymore
1.5 Counter: E/10

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Royalguard » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am

Nuclearminer wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 am
ok this is a mess, but at some point someone brought up how MC is flooding youtube and pushing out the quality videos in favor of quantity.

that's not MCs fault

thats just how youtube is now
and has been since 2016
MC has had this problem for literally its entire lifespan, but it comes in waves. It becomes stupidly popular on Youtube for a few years, gradually falls into the background, then becomes stupidly popular once again, then falls into the background again, rinse and repeat forever. This is probably the third or fourth Youtube popularity wave since its initial public release.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2538
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 am

I honestly don't think it's very fair to say a game is bad for reasons like "oh the graphics are unappealing" or "oh the game is unrealistic", or "oh the fanbase is terrible and it's taking over youtube". None of these have anything to do with the gameplay (and most other reasons that you mentioned also had nothing to do with it), the fanbase being terrible or YouTube being filled with Minecraft content does not affect how you play the game and should not affect your thoughts on it (and, as mentioned before, is not the game's fault), and there are a lot of resource packs out there if you don't like the vanilla graphics, it can't be too hard to find one you like.
You shouldn't complain about a game being unrealistic if it doesn't need to, and isn't meant to be realistic. You shouldn't complain about the graphics looking terrible and unappealing if you can just look up a texture pack you like so that you can change them.
Would it be really fair if I said Wily Wars is a terrible game because the Yellow Devil is one of the most pillowshaded sprites I've ever seen and because having a shield of rubber leaves orbiting me, that can somehow harm metal robots, makes literally no sense? Sure, none of these affect the gameplay or my overall experience playing through the game, sure, I can try to find a graphic hack that fixes the Yellow Devil's shading, and sure, the game doesn't need to be realistic to be good, and it isn't trying to be realistic, but who cares?
I really don't mean to sound offensive, but it's just that some of the arguments in this thread were so stupid - "OH ZOMBIE GREEN NOT GRAY GRAPHICS BAD GAME BAD, OH GAME UNREALISTIC GAME DOESN'T NEED TO BE REALISTIC BUT GAME BAD" - that I just had to write a reply to this.
The possibilities of what you can do in this game are probably literally endless, so saying the game is "boring" doesn't really make too much sense, and in my opinion the game is only ever boring when you don't have anything to do (but really, with how many things you can do, it's unlikely that you'll run out of things to build very soon). I started playing Minecraft again really recently and I've been having some fun playing with other people in multiplayer, building stuff, messing with commands, or sometimes in singleplayer, building some houses in creative mode, trying to build a small town, or sometimes trying to do redstone. I could build probably thousands of different structures, hundreds of towns that would have never been exactly the same, doing a lot of different stuff with command blocks, making a bunch of different redstone contraptions that all serve the same purpose, yet they each have at least one unique aspect to them that makes them stand out from the rest.
Again, I don't mean to sound offensive, I don't disrespect your opinion (though I still think most of your arguments for supporting said opinion aren't exactly good), and I really tried to not write a giant essay going into the exact details of my opinion and shooting down everyone's arguments with counter-arguments that look like I literally NEED to convince people that my opinion is obviously the only correct one.
Again, I just had to write a reply to this thread, since it was still active, and I really couldn't just not reply to someone who was saying the game that I've been playing almost every day is one of the worst they've ever played, and with many of their reasons for saying that, being stupid and having nothing to do with overall gameplay.
Also, to all of you saying modern boat controls are terrible, you guys are weird.
turnip

User avatar
Uranus
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Uranus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 am
I honestly don't think it's very fair to say a game is bad for reasons like "oh the graphics are unappealing" or "oh the game is unrealistic", or "oh the fanbase is terrible and it's taking over youtube". None of these have anything to do with the gameplay (and most other reasons that you mentioned also had nothing to do with it), the fanbase being terrible or YouTube being filled with Minecraft content does not affect how you play the game and should not affect your thoughts on it (and, as mentioned before, is not the game's fault), and there are a lot of resource packs out there if you don't like the vanilla graphics, it can't be too hard to find one you like.
You shouldn't complain about a game being unrealistic if it doesn't need to, and isn't meant to be realistic. You shouldn't complain about the graphics looking terrible and unappealing if you can just look up a texture pack you like so that you can change them.
Would it be really fair if I said Wily Wars is a terrible game because the Yellow Devil is one of the most pillowshaded sprites I've ever seen and because having a shield of rubber leaves orbiting me, that can somehow harm metal robots, makes literally no sense? Sure, none of these affect the gameplay or my overall experience playing through the game, sure, I can try to find a graphic hack that fixes the Yellow Devil's shading, and sure, the game doesn't need to be realistic to be good, and it isn't trying to be realistic, but who cares?
I really don't mean to sound offensive, but it's just that some of the arguments in this thread were so stupid - "OH ZOMBIE GREEN NOT GRAY GRAPHICS BAD GAME BAD, OH GAME UNREALISTIC GAME DOESN'T NEED TO BE REALISTIC BUT GAME BAD" - that I just had to write a reply to this.
The possibilities of what you can do in this game are probably literally endless, so saying the game is "boring" doesn't really make too much sense, and in my opinion the game is only ever boring when you don't have anything to do (but really, with how many things you can do, it's unlikely that you'll run out of things to build very soon). I started playing Minecraft again really recently and I've been having some fun playing with other people in multiplayer, building stuff, messing with commands, or sometimes in singleplayer, building some houses in creative mode, trying to build a small town, or sometimes trying to do redstone. I could build probably thousands of different structures, hundreds of towns that would have never been exactly the same, doing a lot of different stuff with command blocks, making a bunch of different redstone contraptions that all serve the same purpose, yet they each have at least one unique aspect to them that makes them stand out from the rest.
Again, I don't mean to sound offensive, I don't disrespect your opinion (though I still think most of your arguments for supporting said opinion aren't exactly good), and I really tried to not write a giant essay going into the exact details of my opinion and shooting down everyone's arguments with counter-arguments that look like I literally NEED to convince people that my opinion is obviously the only correct one.
Again, I just had to write a reply to this thread, since it was still active, and I really couldn't just not reply to someone who was saying the game that I've been playing almost every day is one of the worst they've ever played, and with many of their reasons for saying that, being stupid and having nothing to do with overall gameplay.
Also, to all of you saying modern boat controls are terrible, you guys are weird.
Even though its not mandatory, graphics can attract a lot more people to a game so its nice to have some effort in them.

Also, Minecraft is a survival game, shouldnt we see a lot more realistic elements apart from crafting and eating.
I am an ASS planet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

Image

pm me to do so

Fluff Man
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 pm
Location: The !$%&^th dimension.

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Fluff Man » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Uranus wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am
8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 am
I honestly don't think it's very fair to say a game is bad for reasons like "oh the graphics are unappealing" or "oh the game is unrealistic", or "oh the fanbase is terrible and it's taking over youtube". None of these have anything to do with the gameplay (and most other reasons that you mentioned also had nothing to do with it), the fanbase being terrible or YouTube being filled with Minecraft content does not affect how you play the game and should not affect your thoughts on it (and, as mentioned before, is not the game's fault), and there are a lot of resource packs out there if you don't like the vanilla graphics, it can't be too hard to find one you like.
You shouldn't complain about a game being unrealistic if it doesn't need to, and isn't meant to be realistic. You shouldn't complain about the graphics looking terrible and unappealing if you can just look up a texture pack you like so that you can change them.
Would it be really fair if I said Wily Wars is a terrible game because the Yellow Devil is one of the most pillowshaded sprites I've ever seen and because having a shield of rubber leaves orbiting me, that can somehow harm metal robots, makes literally no sense? Sure, none of these affect the gameplay or my overall experience playing through the game, sure, I can try to find a graphic hack that fixes the Yellow Devil's shading, and sure, the game doesn't need to be realistic to be good, and it isn't trying to be realistic, but who cares?
I really don't mean to sound offensive, but it's just that some of the arguments in this thread were so stupid - "OH ZOMBIE GREEN NOT GRAY GRAPHICS BAD GAME BAD, OH GAME UNREALISTIC GAME DOESN'T NEED TO BE REALISTIC BUT GAME BAD" - that I just had to write a reply to this.
The possibilities of what you can do in this game are probably literally endless, so saying the game is "boring" doesn't really make too much sense, and in my opinion the game is only ever boring when you don't have anything to do (but really, with how many things you can do, it's unlikely that you'll run out of things to build very soon). I started playing Minecraft again really recently and I've been having some fun playing with other people in multiplayer, building stuff, messing with commands, or sometimes in singleplayer, building some houses in creative mode, trying to build a small town, or sometimes trying to do redstone. I could build probably thousands of different structures, hundreds of towns that would have never been exactly the same, doing a lot of different stuff with command blocks, making a bunch of different redstone contraptions that all serve the same purpose, yet they each have at least one unique aspect to them that makes them stand out from the rest.
Again, I don't mean to sound offensive, I don't disrespect your opinion (though I still think most of your arguments for supporting said opinion aren't exactly good), and I really tried to not write a giant essay going into the exact details of my opinion and shooting down everyone's arguments with counter-arguments that look like I literally NEED to convince people that my opinion is obviously the only correct one.
Again, I just had to write a reply to this thread, since it was still active, and I really couldn't just not reply to someone who was saying the game that I've been playing almost every day is one of the worst they've ever played, and with many of their reasons for saying that, being stupid and having nothing to do with overall gameplay.
Also, to all of you saying modern boat controls are terrible, you guys are weird.
Even though its not mandatory, graphics can attract a lot more people to a game so its nice to have some effort in them.

Also, Minecraft is a survival game, shouldnt we see a lot more realistic elements apart from crafting and eating.
Minecraft is a game that allows you to play almost any way you want, if the game had more realistic elements like thirst and energy survival mode would be a lot more limited. If you want a more realistic survival experience either download mods or don’t play survival Minecraft, one of the things that Minecraft can’t completely emulate is realism, but why are you playing Minecraft for realism? There are many games that try to simulate reality and Minecraft just isn’t one of them, but that’s no reason to hate the game.

Same for the graphics, I personally like them and can tell lots of work went into them, but not work to make it realistic. If you want a game to be almost limitless then you can’t restrain yourself to reality. Minecraft’s graphics can’t be realistic for the game that Minecraft wants to be.

I can respect your opinion but it kinda just seems that you don’t like Minecraft because it’s not realistic, and that’s no reason to hate a game.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2538
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Uranus wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am
Minecraft is a survival game, shouldnt we see a lot more realistic elements apart from crafting and eating.
Too much realism can make a game really unfun. You already have to keep eating to not starve to death, regenerate HP, and keep your hunger bar high so that you have enough energy to sprint, you already take some damage from things like hitting trees at high velocity, drowning, and falling from tall heights, even though many games don't have that, you already have tools that can break with time so that you have to pay attention to its durability or else you'll lose it while mining, or fighting off a mob.



In the Minecraft Forums, there's a pinned post in the suggestions subforum, with guidelines for good suggestions, and something important about that post is a section about realism, which says that "the element of gameplay is far more important than it being 100% realistic". It also comes with a lot of examples that show what I mentioned, about too much realism making the game unfun and possibly ruining your experience:

-A thirst bar. It would exist along with the hunger bar, and like with the hunger bar, if it's empty, you start losing health. You also dehydrate faster in desert biomes and variants, but don't worry, you can restore your thirst bar with a water bottle.
Doesn't sound too bad, does it? You already have a hunger bar, so why not a thirst bar too? And, since you can starve, why not dehydrate? Jumping makes you lose food points faster, so you should also lose thirst points faster in hotter biomes. Yeah, but this is when the problems start appearing:
a) Unlike most food items, you can't stack water bottles. This means that if you're going on a long exploration trip and you want to take water bottles with you so that you don't dehydrate, you'll have to fill up most of your inventory with water bottles, which means you have less space to carry essential tools and any loot you find on the way.
b) If you're unfortunate enough to spawn on a big desert biome, you'd be pretty much hopeless. You need glass to craft glass bottles, which means you'd have to find a bunch of wood to make a crafting table and a wooden pickaxe, find stone, craft a furnace, dig out sand, smelt it, craft a glass bottle, and try to find a water source, all while your thirst bar empties really quickly. Let's not forget that there are no trees in desert biomes, and the only sources of water in deserts are in the uncommon "desert lakes" biome variant, and in the very rare desert wells, so unless you manage to find a way into a less hot biome, you'll probably die before you can even make a crafting table.

-If you mine too much in a cave, you could end up making part of the cave collapse on you, hurting and possibly killing you. That definitely sounds realistic, even Pokémon has that in the Gen IV mining minigames. But it definitely isn't fun. You never know when you could make the entire cave collapse just from breaking a block, and going mining would be way more intense; not only do you not know if you'll end up falling into a cave filled with dangerous mobs, you also don't know if breaking that diamond ore could end up making the cave collapse, killing you, and, if you're unlucky, making you lose all your items because you couldn't get back to that part of the cave on time.

-If a mob or player hits your arm or leg, said limb becomes injured and you can't use it for a while. It's definitely realistic, but you'd probably regret suggesting or supporting this when a player sneaks up on you, hits your legs so that you can't escape, and then starts beating you up. And oh boy, imagine if you get hit on the legs AND arms while fighting off a bunch of mobs. You can't escape or fight back, and all you can do is watch while the mobs approach and start brutally murdering you. And imagine going swimming. You get hit by a group of drowned, and suddenly you can't swim, you just start sinking and drowning, and you can't do anything about it.

Yeah, suddenly having a lot of realistic features doesn't sound too good or fun, does it? One good comparison the thread makes, is that the gameplay importance of a feature should always be more important than the realism importance. Obviously, all the examples in the thread are suggestions for realistic features, to make the game more realistic, but none of them are important gameplay-wise; in fact, they just make the game more unfun, and they are in no way necessary to make the game better. Realism can take the fun out of a game, and if a game isn't fun, no one will want to play it.
turnip

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Royalguard » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 am
Also, to all of you saying modern boat controls are terrible, you guys are weird.
I respect your preference of the modern boat controls, but I still prefer the classic boat controls.
I know a few other players from an old Bukkit Server that I used to play in that also prefer the older controls.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: I hate minecraft

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:47 am

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 am
Also, to all of you saying modern boat controls are terrible, you guys are weird.
I respect your preference of the modern boat controls, but I still prefer the classic boat controls.
I know a few other players from an old Bukkit Server that I used to play in that also prefer the older controls.
Ironically, I think the boat controls are trying to be more realistic.

Also, stupid thing, if you get in a boat you SHOULD be safe from drowned, but you're not, they can join you in the boat and you start taking unfair damage. That and the controls make boats futile to me.
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest