Classic Zelda Games Poll

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
Post Reply

Which classic The Legend of Zelda games are your favorite?

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
9
20%
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
2
4%
TLoZ: A Link to the Past
11
24%
TLoZ: Link's Awakening (either DX version or Switch remake)
4
9%
TLoZ: Ocarina of Time
3
7%
TLoZ: Majora's Mask
4
9%
TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons / Oracle of Ages
5
11%
TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds
3
7%
The Unholy Triforce for CD-i
4
9%
 
Total votes: 45

User avatar
Casual Builder
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 pm
Location: Russia

Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Casual Builder » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Feel free to discuss why you love certain classic The Legend of Zelda games!

NOTE: For clarification's sake, I've decided to separate A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds despite their "original-remake" connection simply because the latter has some major differences from the former. Who knows... maybe some of you prefer A Link Between Worlds over A Link to the Past?
Also... yep, "The Unholy Triforce for CD-i" refers to these memetically awful games such as Link: Faces of Evil, Zelda: Wand of Gamelon, and Zelda's Adventure. If you somehow like them - don't be ashamed to admit it!
Meet Casual Builder - a casual Mega Man fan and accomplished level builder.

User avatar
Feliboom04
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 pm
Location: Andalusia, Spain

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Feliboom04 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:22 pm

I love CD-i Zelda :lol: :lol:

Seriously, CD-i Zelda gave us this meme

Image
Currently Working on my Mega Man Fangame made by this platform

Unconditional fan of Mega Man

User avatar
Mega1221
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm
Location: Sitting in the corner
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340
Contact:

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Mega1221 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:40 am

Crap i messed up!! I voted for nes and Lttp. I forgot to vote for cdi and awakening
Apparently some people can’t tell the difference between a fox and wolf

User avatar
Runglo
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:30 am
Location: Babylon

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Runglo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:46 am

Post-vote vote for Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
It's a beautiful black sheep that strides alright.
+1
აბგდევზთიკლმნოპჟრსტუფქღყშჩცძწჭხჯჰ
Come see my Imgur: https://imgur.com/user/Runglo

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3942
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Voted for:
  • Legend of Zelda (NES) - Game is drastically underrated in modern years.
  • Link to The Past (SNES) - Easily the best Zelda game I've ever played.
  • Link's Awakening DX (GBC) - GB version has tons of problems, and don't care for the Switch version's visual style.
  • Oracle of Ages/Seasons (GBC) - Both great games, Ages focuses on puzzles, Seasons focuses on action.
  • Link Between Worlds - The dungeon designs are tad bland, but bosses are great.

TheRocken
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by TheRocken » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Runglo wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:46 am
Post-vote vote for Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
It's a beautiful black sheep that strides alright.
+1
Second that. I've had alot of fun playing it.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3680
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:30 pm

The first game is pretty fun but it suffers without a guide.
Zelda II is also a good game.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3942
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Royalguard » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:30 pm
The first game is pretty fun but it suffers without a guide.
The problem with the first Zelda game on NES, is that it is very difficult to recapture the original experience of playing it in the modern day.

Back when when it first released, the obscurity of progression was a feature. It added a social interaction aspect to the game, where players drew their own maps, marked their discoveries on it, and shared what they found with other people. These people tend to have more positive opinions of the game.

In modern days, people tend to play the game solo, so the entire social interaction aspect is completely missing, and most people interpret the obscurity of progression as poor game design, needing a FAQ or guide to overcome. These people tend to have more negative opinions of the game.

I personally find it quite disappointing the game gets such a poor reception in modern times.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3680
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:32 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:42 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:30 pm
The first game is pretty fun but it suffers without a guide.
The problem with the first Zelda game on NES, is that it is very difficult to recapture the original experience of playing it in the modern day.

Back when when it first released, the obscurity of progression was a feature. It added a social interaction aspect to the game, where players drew their own maps, marked their discoveries on it, and shared what they found with other people. These people tend to have more positive opinions of the game.

In modern days, people tend to play the game solo, so the entire social interaction aspect is completely missing, and most people interpret the obscurity of progression as poor game design, needing a FAQ or guide to overcome. These people tend to have more negative opinions of the game.

I personally find it quite disappointing the game gets such a poor reception in modern times.
That's very interesting. Now I kind of wish I played the game with some other people that way.

AnimeMan
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:55 pm
Location: USA

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by AnimeMan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm

Legend of Zelda for Nintendo.
It's me, NS*Smilax. I've been a Mega Man fan since the Nintendo days.

User avatar
CommanderShramp
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:02 pm
Location: Cameron Cambell's Camp Cambell
Discord: Czech-boi#2781

Re: Classic Zelda Games Poll

Post by CommanderShramp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 pm

I would say Link to the past, as it was the first one i played and i voted for it due to nostalga.

But if i were to be honest, it would be a 3 way tie between LTTP, Majora's Mask, and OCT. All 3 are amazing games..
Don't Ask Me About The Medical License...

JOIN THE CRUSTACEAN CLAN TODAY

The most bisexual demiromantic shrimp you will ever meet

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest