Mario maker 2 spring update discussion

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
Uranus
Discord: Uranus#7544

Mario maker 2 spring update discussion

Post by Uranus » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:45 am

Is it good, seems to be great. Share your thoughts on the recently announced MM2 update
Uranus is finally back. Message me on Discord if you have any issues with the forums or the wiki. Or contact the other mods if I'm not active.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Tyler-bot

Re: Mario maker 2 spring update discussion

Post by Tyler-bot » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Uranus wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:45 am
Is it good, seems to be great. Share your thoughts on the recently announced MM2 update
- There's another update coming to MM2? Damn... I haven't played that in several months. Might have to go back soon and see what's going on with that game! :D

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Looks interesting, although I don't play Super Mario Maker.
Crossing a dangerous river

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:59 am

- Woah!! I didn't realize the recent update also introduced the 'World Builder'!! Up to 8 Worlds and a total of 40 courses!! Ok, I'm going back to Mario Maker for a bit. I think I'm finally going to start my Super Mario Maker Fan-Game: 'Super Mario World: Kamek's Revenge'! :D :o :D !!!

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Sucks how I don't have a Switch otherwise I'v be playing the hell out of it.
Levels:
Banzai Woman

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:45 pm

supersmashgaming wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:35 pm
- That game was a big factor in me purchasing a switch, :D ! Besides SMM2, there is the new Metroid Prime Game I'd really like to play when it finally comes out. Breath of the Wild 2 is also releasing soon!! It's a decent time to be a switch owner, for sure! I've also got the re-make of Link's Awakening to play still. I should probably go back and finish that...

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Post by UlticraftMTT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Loving the new update

The Frank Zappa Mechakoopas remind me of the Mega Man 2 Force Beams, and i'm making a Quick Man remix with them.

I'm also going to make an entire Mega Man styled game using the Koopalings as robot masters, having all 8 of their stages selectable in whatever order you want to play them in by going to my uploader profile, then i'll make the Bowser (Wily) Castle stages into a super world.

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

supersmashgaming

Post by supersmashgaming » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:45 pm
supersmashgaming wrote:
- That game was a big factor in me purchasing a switch, :D ! Besides SMM2, there is the new Metroid Prime Game I'd really like to play when it finally comes out. Breath of the Wild 2 is also releasing soon!! It's a decent time to be a switch owner, for sure! I've also got the re-make of Link's Awakening to play still. I should probably go back and finish that...
If I ever get a switch the first games I would buy is Animal Crossing, SMM2, BoTW, and of course Smash Ultimate.

But yeah love how the update looks. Especially the world editor.
Levels:
Banzai Woman

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:49 am

supersmashgaming wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 am
Tyler-bot wrote:
supersmashgaming wrote:
If I ever get a switch the first games I would buy is Animal Crossing, SMM2, BoTW, and of course Smash Ultimate.

- A 'World Editor' could possibly be added to MMM in the form of a "Campaign Builder". Everyone can upload 20 levels and 1 'campaign' . A 'campaign' can be 11 levels in length: 8 Robot-Masters and 3 Wily stages. There would be a boss-select screen where players obviously place down their finalized 8 RM stages. A center stage would be locked until all RM stages have their bosses/stage-finish elements etc. completed. If a player goes back into a stage that has all bosses completed, they have an 'exit' function? Or the bosses that were already defeated are now stage-ending spheres? IDK there are some definite mechanics that have to be worked out and I assume the programming involved would be MASSIVE... but continuing on: Perhaps then the builder chooses a castle from a bunch of pre-set designs! (perfect opportunity for an art contest: Draw a really cool Wily Skull-Fortress everyone!!) Then the builder places their 3 'wily-stages' in a mario-ish connect-the dots sort of set up? I fully understand if the devs completely disregard a campaign-builder but it would certainly put the hugest smile in the world on my face if they actually 'did', :D ! Also... 1-Ups would actually be worth using, :)

supersmashgaming

Post by supersmashgaming » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:40 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:49 am
supersmashgaming wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 am
Tyler-bot wrote:

- A 'World Editor' could possibly be added to MMM in the form of a "Campaign Builder". Everyone can upload 20 levels and 1 'campaign' . A 'campaign' can be 11 levels in length: 8 Robot-Masters and 3 Wily stages. There would be a boss-select screen where players obviously place down their finalized 8 RM stages. A center stage would be locked until all RM stages have their bosses/stage-finish elements etc. completed. If a player goes back into a stage that has all bosses completed, they have an 'exit' function? Or the bosses that were already defeated are now stage-ending spheres? IDK there are some definite mechanics that have to be worked out and I assume the programming involved would be MASSIVE... but continuing on: Perhaps then the builder chooses a castle from a bunch of pre-set designs! (perfect opportunity for an art contest: Draw a really cool Wily Skull-Fortress everyone!!) Then the builder places their 3 'wily-stages' in a mario-ish connect-the dots sort of set up? I fully understand if the devs completely disregard a campaign-builder but it would certainly put the hugest smile in the world on my face if they actually 'did', :D ! Also... 1-Ups would actually be worth using, :)
You are absolutely right. Seeing something like that be added into MMM would be very outstanding and challenging to program, but yet it can open the doors to more opportunity.
Levels:
Banzai Woman

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm digging the new SMM2 Update as well. Love the fact they put in SMB 2 USA gameplay into the game! :D

Instead of a campaign builder I'd be satisfied to just be able to make Level Packs like the fangame Mario Multiverse. Being able to link levels you've already made wouldn't be an excessive strain on the MMM servers, and life counts are already ingame via the Wily Challenge.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:15 pm

The update is great, Koopalings are fantastic bosses and World Builder is nice too.
Uranus is finally back. Message me on Discord if you have any issues with the forums or the wiki. Or contact the other mods if I'm not active.

pm me to do so

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm
I'm digging the new SMM2 Update as well. Love the fact they put in SMB 2 USA gameplay into the game! :D

Instead of a campaign builder I'd be satisfied to just be able to make Level Packs like the fangame Mario Multiverse. Being able to link levels you've already made wouldn't be an excessive strain on the MMM servers, and life counts are already ingame via the Wily Challenge.
- I know the lives work in Wily challenges, dude, but the Wily challenges kinda suck considering I get total garbage levels every time I try to play it. Also, a campaign builder would have the creator setting the starting lives at 3, 6, or 9. Or perhaps it would just be locked at 3 starting lives for a campaign?

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Tyler-bot wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm

- I know the lives work in Wily challenges, dude, but the Wily challenges kinda suck considering I get total garbage levels every time I try to play it.
You misunderstand me. I'm stating that the limited lives mechanic is already ingame via the Wily Challenge. I'm saying it should(?) be easy to use because limited lives are already there.
Also, a campaign builder would have the creator setting the starting lives at 3, 6, or 9. Or perhaps it would just be locked at 3 starting lives for a campaign?
So instead of the player selecting easy, medium or hard determining the number of lives have the level author determine the number of lives? I think I prefer the player choosing the life count via difficulty choice.

One of the main arguments against campaign building would be how much extra strain on the MMM servers would it be? Because the Devs have said they are already running out of space on the servers.

Mega Pokebattlerz
Discord: Mega Pokebattlerz#4489

Post by Mega Pokebattlerz » Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 pm

If you want to make your own Mega Man games, just use the Megamix Engine.
ded

ChickenMcNuggets

Post by ChickenMcNuggets » Mon May 11, 2020 7:48 pm

They could have done much more with the World Maker. Other then that, and the fact that there still isn't Fuzzies, the last major update was pretty great.
Does anyone even read this?

Runglo

Post by Runglo » Tue May 12, 2020 11:43 am

World Maker is pretty neat, and all the new assets inspired me to plan out my own SMM2 Campaign. I don't have the means of showing you directly, but here's my plan as of posting this:

8 Worlds, each with 3 normal levels, 1 challenge level, and 1 boss level.

World 1: Dozy Demesne (Space) {Lemmy Koopa}
World 2: Fir Fiefdom (Ice) {Larry Koopa}
World 3: Buddy Bunkers (Castle) {Iggy Koopa}
World 4: Saline Stronghold (Ground) {Ludwig Koopa}
World 5: Parched Promontory (Desert) {Roy Koopa}
World 6: Quean's Quagmire (Forest) {Wendy O. Koopa}
World 7: Grimace Grotto (Underground) {Morton Koopa Jr.}
World 8: Calamity Cloud (Sky) {Bowser & Bowser Jr.}
Come see my Imgur: https://imgur.com/user/Runglo
ی‎ه‎و‎ن‎م‎ل‎گ‎ک‎قف‎غ‎ع‎ظ‎ط‎ض‎ص‎ش‎س‎ژ‎ز‎ذر‎د‎خ‎ح‎چ‎ج‎ث‎ت‎پ‎ب‎ا
ז׳חטיככּלמנסעפפּצקרשׁת‎אבבּגּגג׳גׄדהוז

ABCÇDEFGƢHIĪJKLMNOPQRSŞTUŪVXZƵʼ
АБВГҒДЕЁЖЗИӢЙКҚЛМНОПРСТУӮФХҲЧҶШЪЭЮЯ

ChickenMcNuggets

Post by ChickenMcNuggets » Tue May 12, 2020 3:00 pm

I'm making a Super World as well. There's gonna be eight worlds, each with five levels, four for the main levels and one for the boss level. Anyhow, here's the world list

World 1: Plain Plains (Grass)
World 2: Deserted Desert (Desert)
World 3: Mine Mines (Underground)
World 4: Snowy Mountains (Snow)
World 5: Funky Forest (Forest/Jungle)
World 6: Cloud Nine (Sky)
World 7: Rainbow Road (Space)
World 8: Bowser's Castle (Volcano)
Does anyone even read this?

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Thu May 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Here is my super world so far

Gloomba Gardens (Forest): Larry
Dead Desert (Desert): Iggy
Icy Island (Snow) Wendy and Bowser Junior
Wavy Waters: (Ground and Underwater): Lemmy
Deep Dungeon: (Underground): Roy
Sky Sanctuary: (Sky): Morton
Space Sanctuary: (Space): Ludwig and Bowser Junior
Volcano Valley: (Volcano): Bowser and Bowser Junior
Last edited by Uranus on Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pm me to do so

Runglo

Post by Runglo » Sat May 16, 2020 12:13 pm

Uranus wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:18 pm
Here is my super world so far

Gloomba Gardens (Forest): Larry
Deserted Desert (Desert): Iggy
Icy Island (Snow) Wendy and Bowser Junior
Wavy Waters: (Ground): Lemmy
Deep Dungeon: (Underground): Roy
Sky Sanctuary: (Sky): Morton
Space Sanctuary: (Space): Ludwig and Bowser Junior
Volcano Valley: (Volcano): Bowser and Bowser Junior
Sounds cool, and with some decent alliteration to boot (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10377).
Come see my Imgur: https://imgur.com/user/Runglo
ی‎ه‎و‎ن‎م‎ل‎گ‎ک‎قف‎غ‎ع‎ظ‎ط‎ض‎ص‎ش‎س‎ژ‎ز‎ذر‎د‎خ‎ح‎چ‎ج‎ث‎ت‎پ‎ب‎ا
ז׳חטיככּלמנסעפפּצקרשׁת‎אבבּגּגג׳גׄדהוז

ABCÇDEFGƢHIĪJKLMNOPQRSŞTUŪVXZƵʼ
АБВГҒДЕЁЖЗИӢЙКҚЛМНОПРСТУӮФХҲЧҶШЪЭЮЯ