Ninja Gaiden II (NES)

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
LightDaemon

Ninja Gaiden II (NES)

Post by LightDaemon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 am

Hi, I am playing Ninja Gaiden II on the NES.

The first one was tough, but is still fun and quite fair all things considered. But the sequel is just too much... The climbing system is fucked up and quite hard to master when you are used to the first game. Ryu keeps falling for no reason and is it worth mentioning the ennemies all over the place while you are trying to climb?

The second level for instance is as hard as the fifth level of the first game (not mentioning its boss...)!

Help me, this game is breaking my nerves!!! :evil:
Tired of Internet

Dranius7

Re: Ninja Gaiden II (NES)

Post by Dranius7 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Ninja Gaiden series is all about memorization. Knowing exactly what part of the screen will trigger en enemy will make all the difference in traversing the levels.

i'm not a fan of the way he climbs either.

By second level, do you mean the train, or the windy mountain? The train is just a matter of running and slashing. The windy mountain, i can understand your frustration. Patience and learning the wind patterns will help some.

LightDaemon

Re: Ninja Gaiden II (NES)

Post by LightDaemon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Indeed, what I did for the first NG was learning every single level by heart so I could finish the game almost mechanically (level 6-2 still gives me hard times but I managed to finish the game).

For NGII, the windy mountain gives me hard times, especially its boss. I somehow managed to get passed it but I still have hard times when I reset the console which means I have not completely mastered it.

When it comes to 3-1 it is ok but 3-2 I raged quit. :?
Tired of Internet