Best Video Games of All Time

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
User avatar
MeowLord
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:57 am
Location: Under a rock
Contact:

Best Video Games of All Time

Post by MeowLord » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:22 am

I'd just like to say, there are so many games out there. Some, few have heard of good or terrible; and others... are others.

So I'd like to get together and discuss just what are the greatest games ever made. To avoid problems, we will start out in different groups; what are the top twenty of, say, RPGs. Then we will go to the tens, to the fives, and finally the greatest RPG ever (It's gonna be Chrono Trigger lol). After doing this for each genre, we'll close in and produce the top tens, fives, and, God willing, best game EVER.

As Ceave Gaming opens each of his Youtube videos, "Are you ready? Leeeeet's do this."
I'm part of UARM Force now apparently.
Also SnivyMaster wants me to put this here:
Image

So has anyone noticed that Willy has incredible taste in robot design?

Also I bet you never expected me to change my signature.

User avatar
MeowLord
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:57 am
Location: Under a rock
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by MeowLord » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:03 am

I will start by saying that of the greatest adventure games, we have:

Neverhood,
Secret of Monkey Island,
Treasure of Monkey Island,
Curse of Monkey Island,
Escape from Monkey Island,
Maniac Mansion,
Day of the Tentacle, (Wow, Lucas arts are the adventure kings)
Grim Fandango,

And tell me if you think of any more...
I'm part of UARM Force now apparently.
Also SnivyMaster wants me to put this here:
Image

So has anyone noticed that Willy has incredible taste in robot design?

Also I bet you never expected me to change my signature.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3681
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Royalguard » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:06 am

Tetris is probably the closest thing I can think of when it comes to "the best game ever".

With the basic "Marathon" game mode alone:

* The rules of how to play are basic and easy to learn.
* There are many advanced tactics for vetran players.
* You can customize the gameplay experience in many ways to suit your preferences.
* The game adapts to the player's skill level over time, ensuring the player will always be challenged and engaged.
* A scoreboard of records keeps the player striving to improve themselves and break their previous limits.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:06 am
Tetris is probably the closest thing I can think of when it comes to "the best game ever".
There is no game better than Tetris.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:10 pm

MeowLord wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:03 am

Grim Fandango,
This might just be me, but I found Grim Fandango to be a bit confusing and hard to progress through.
While I did go a bit in, I really didn't feel compelled to play it after a while, since I found it hard to navigate.
Again, that's just me.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm

And if all of you are lazy, just come here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_v ... d_the_best
Note that some of these games have aged very poorly, so the results from say, the 1970s and early 80s might be condidered bland, small or mediocre today, but what do I know?

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 am

Can I just say that Clock Tower (SNES) is one of the best horror games ever? It's one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Every moment is filled with suspense and terror, and the splatterhouse scenes and jumpscares are amazing.
The game has an extremely slow pace, which just makes it more scary. Its gameplay is a bit boring but not bad.
Eternal Darkness is another very good horror game. This game messes with the player rather than the chracter, expecially how sometimes the creen "flickers" and you think it turned off. Both have really good horror atmosphere.

User avatar
Mega1221
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm
Location: USA, that's it.... I'm bland
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Mega1221 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:17 am

Mine:

Tetris
Pokémon
Mega Man
Mario
Sonic 2
Minecraft
Roblox
Need something to eat... :I

User avatar
LightDaemon
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by LightDaemon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 am

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 am
Can I just say that Clock Tower (SNES) is one of the best horror games ever? It's one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Every moment is filled with suspense and terror, and the splatterhouse scenes and jumpscares are amazing.
The game has an extremely slow pace, which just makes it more scary. Its gameplay is a bit boring but not bad.
Eternal Darkness is another very good horror game. This game messes with the player rather than the chracter, expecially how sometimes the creen "flickers" and you think it turned off. Both have really good horror atmosphere.
I found Clock Tower to be extemely boring and not scary at all. Silent Hill 2 is commonly refered as the best horror game ever created (also the best plot) but it's a matter of taste, as far as I am concerned, I think Silent Hill on PSX is a masterpiece.
Tired of Internet

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:27 am

LightDaemon wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 am
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 am
Can I just say that Clock Tower (SNES) is one of the best horror games ever? It's one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Every moment is filled with suspense and terror, and the splatterhouse scenes and jumpscares are amazing.
The game has an extremely slow pace, which just makes it more scary. Its gameplay is a bit boring but not bad.
Eternal Darkness is another very good horror game. This game messes with the player rather than the chracter, expecially how sometimes the creen "flickers" and you think it turned off. Both have really good horror atmosphere.
I found Clock Tower to be extemely boring and not scary at all. Silent Hill 2 is commonly refered as the best horror game ever created (also the best plot) but it's a matter of taste, as far as I am concerned, I think Silent Hill on PSX is a masterpiece.
Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 2 are probably the best of horror games during the fifth and sixth gen console eras.

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am

Minecraft is one of the best games of all time come at me haters and fortnite fanboys

User avatar
BenPlusMM
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Location: Stuck At Doom's Gate
Discord: Ben™ #6759
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:53 pm

I wrote an entire essay on why EarthBound was the best game ever.
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
Image
Currently a Level 100 Pun Warrior!
XP to level up: largenumber.doc

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:28 am

Idaten

User avatar
memelord69
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by memelord69 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:27 am

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is gonna forever be the best RPG and no one can change my mind on this
Assault on the Citadel 183101
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Final Transmission 2 155321
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465
Fighting Infernal Flames 272513
Disastrous Factory 281324

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:31 pm

memelord69 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:27 am
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is gonna forever be the best RPG and no one can change my mind on this
I won't fight you there I didn't even know Xenoblade was an RPG

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am
Location: somewhere in mexico
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by UlticraftMTT » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Mega Man 9
Fallout: New Vegas

(These are my personal top 3)

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 pm

UlticraftMTT wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 pm
Fallout: New Vegas
New Vegas is basically good Fallout 76. Agreed on this one.

User avatar
LightDaemon
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by LightDaemon » Wed May 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 pm
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 pm
Fallout: New Vegas
New Vegas is basically good Fallout 76. Agreed on this one.
Fallout 2 is like 10 000 times better.

Daggerfall is also 100 000 000 000 000 times better than Skyrim.
Tired of Internet

User avatar
LightDaemon
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by LightDaemon » Wed May 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Well, here are my personal favorite video games :

_Mega Man 1 (especially Ice Man's stage)
_Sonic 3D
_Fortnite
_Call of Duty : Black Ops III
_Minecraft
_Roblox
_Mega Man DOS
_Fester's Quest
_Ghosts n Goblins (NES version)
_Mega Man Soccer
Tired of Internet

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Re: Best Video Games of All Time

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Best platformers:

-Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
-Mario 64
-Contra
-Celeste
-Mario World
-Sonic 3&K (Once I play Mania I will probably add it here)
-Mario 1
-Ducktales

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests