Games I wish were on the Wii U Virtual Console

Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well
Lunar Chris
Discord: Lunar Chris #9442

Games I wish were on the Wii U Virtual Console

Post by Lunar Chris » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 am

I love the Wii U VC in spite of the library of games not being as broad as the Wii's VC. There's NES, SNES, N64, GBA, DS, and even Turbo Graphix 16, all of which have some pretty recognizable games like Mario 3, Mario RPG, Zelda, and the works. However, there are some games that I wish were on the Wii U, few of which could stand out from the lackluster lineup. Here's the list of games that I wish were on the Wii U VC.

#1: Crash: The Huge Adventure & N.Tranced
It might be due to licencing issues, even though they were both on the GBA. Even before Activision held the copyright, the Crash series has been on Nintendo consoles for ages starting with Wrath of Cortex. I'm sure Activision could've been generous to allow Nintendo to put these games on the VC as a way to gain some interest for a new crash game coming out (that game of course being the N Sane Trilogy). Maybe it could've happened since Activision has also ported their games on nintendo consoles so it could've been possible to have them on the Wii U VC, but that's just thinking out loud.

#2: Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs, Season of Ice, and Season of Flame
Again, maybe it wouldn't be possible, but I feel they would've been on here just to gain some traction for the next Spyro game coming out later on. I'm not sure if it's because they couldn't get to Nintendo about that or perhaps they didn't know what to do with Spyro or Crash at the moment. Whatever the case, it would've been cool to have these games on the Wii U VC.

#3: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Why was this version omitted in favor of the SNES version? Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but Ultra is the better version of KSS since it has more content as well as a huge amount of quality of life improvements.

#4: Final Fantasy I-VI
Only released on the Japanese VC, which is kind of a stinger. At least we have FFTA, but I wish they could've had these games on the VC as well. Super Mario RPG was made by Square and they have good relations with Nintendo atm so it could've been possible to have these games on here (either their original versions or the GBA ports).

#5: Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3
Released on the JP VC, which suck because it would've been the greatest opportunity for Sega to bring these games back from the dead. They're a third party developer and Nintendo has been on good terms with Sega since the advent of Sonic games on nintendo consoles starting with SA2: Battle.

#6: Resident Evil 2
Not the best version to play RE2, but it was deemed a damn impressive port of the PS1 original so it would've made for one last good Capcom game for the lineup. The N64 VC could use a game that's M rated.

#7: Mario Party 3
Could've had another choice for another Mario Party game, but we instead got Mario Party Advance (which I've heard is terrible) and Mario Party 2. We could use more Mario Party games on the VC.

#8: Mega Man & Bass (SNES)
This would've been a good opportunity to make an english translation for this version, but they instead opted for the terrible GBA port. I know it isn't as easy as it sounds, but the SNES version of MM&B would've been the better option to play since (to this day) the SNES original hasn't seen a release in the West (the fan translation doesn't count).

#9: Mother 3
This one is highly unlikely, but if it were to ever get a release in the West, it would have to bee M rated in order to get sold. The Wii U's VC was a great opportunity to get the game to the West, but with Reggie being Reggie and Nintendo being reluctant to get the game to the West these days, it was never gonna happen.

#10: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
This could've make for a great addition to the AW lineup, especially for DS since now and days, the only way to access this game is if you have a physical DS console or emulation.

Got any other suggestions to add to the Wii U Virtual Console?

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Games I wish were on the Wii U Virtual Console

Post by Royalguard » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:06 am

Lunar Chris wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 am
#3: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Why was this version omitted in favor of the SNES version? Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but Ultra is the better version of KSS since it has more content as well as a huge amount of quality of life improvements.
IMO, KSSU has more content, and better QoL changes, but KSS has the better controls, tutorials, cutscenes, and art style.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:12 am

Goldeneye, man what a great game
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:19 pm

Uranus wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:12 am
Goldeneye, man what a great game
It needs to be on the xbox but it isn't! What's even more annoying is they did get the lisence for goldeneye a while back but didn't actually port it