Separate weapon blocks for M. Buster, P. Buster and B. Buster.

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Separate weapon blocks for M. Buster, P. Buster and B. Buster.

Post by Royalguard » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 pm

This is just me, but I would really like it if it was possible to place weapon blocks for Mega Buster, Proto Buster and Bass Buster separately from each other.

For example: Mega Buster wouldn't be able to break Proto Buster weapon blocks, or Bass Buster weapon blocks.

I feel that implementing this as a feature could allow for making character-specific paths through levels, similar to how some walls in Sonic 3 & Knuckles can only be broken by Knuckles to allow him access to unique routes through levels that other characters otherwise can not access.

You could also maybe apply this to Rush Coil/Rush Jet, Proto Coil/Proto Jet, and Treble Boost as well.

TREMIC1

Re: Separate weapon blocks for M. Buster, P. Buster and B. Buster.

Post by TREMIC1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:42 pm

I second this.

I'm glad I'm not the only who found it strange when you are playing a level as ProtoMan or Bass and you pick up a Rush weapon capsule that's still labeled, for example, Rush Coil, instead of Proto Coil or Treble Boost.

warlic
Discord: warlic#6223

Post by warlic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:35 am

I believe most character specific items should be labeled as such. Moreover, perhaps each character could have their own specific weapon pool.
Greetings and salutations, good sir or madam.

wisarddlw

Post by wisarddlw » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 am

lets do that, but y cant mega man have the bass buster? that would be neat, seeing a gray/pink mega man shooting a boss diagonally!
they didnt say no...

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 am

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 pm
This is just me, but I would really like it if it was possible to place weapon blocks for Mega Buster, Proto Buster and Bass Buster separately from each other.

For example: Mega Buster wouldn't be able to break Proto Buster weapon blocks, or Bass Buster weapon blocks.

I feel that implementing this as a feature could allow for making character-specific paths through levels, similar to how some walls in Sonic 3 & Knuckles can only be broken by Knuckles to allow him access to unique routes through levels that other characters otherwise can not access.

You could also maybe apply this to Rush Coil/Rush Jet, Proto Coil/Proto Jet, and Treble Boost as well.
I would like that too but with an additional add on the ability to pick up slide in the middle of the level, and the buster version 4, or 5 or 6, or higher levels through out the level as needed. This way for certain challenges could be a buster 4 challenge, or a buster 5 challenge or a buster 6 challenge.

Also I like to see the buster humming from megaman 4 added back in like it was in the actual game. It sounded pretty cool, also Megaman 5 buster should drop the charge if the player is shot by a projectile or enemy as is done in Megaman 5.