Royalguard wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:49 am
Just throwing out an idea for a possible new character to add to Mega Man Maker. I don't see this character likely ever appearing in Mega Man Maker as something playable, but thought I might as well throw it out anyways.
Why Sniper Joe?
According to lore, Dr. Light mass-produced Sniper Joes based on Proto Man's design. It could probably be assumed that Dr. Light still owns at least one of his own Sniper Joe models. Sniper Joe is also one of the most iconic enemies in the entire Mega Man series.
Default Buster Type
Charge Shot Type
- Max 3 shots on screen at once.
- Sniper Joe's standard buster shots are larger than MegaMan's/ProtoMan's standard buster shots (same size as an enemy MM2 Sniper Joe's shots).
- Throw a grenade in a set arc, grenade explodes after a few seconds, or instantly if it collides with an enemy.
- While in a standing position, pressing Slide makes Sniper Joe get into a crawling position, pressing Slide while in crawling position makes Sniper Joe return to standing position.
- Pressing left or right while in crawling position makes Sniper Joe slowly crawl in that direction.
- While in crawling position, Sniper Joe's hitbox size is roughly the same as MegaMan's/ProtoMan's sliding hitbox, allowing him to slip under enemy projectiles unharmed, or crawl into 1 block high openings MegaMan or ProtoMan could normally slide through.
- Rush Jet/Rush Coil is replaced with an Apache Joe helicopter.
- Assuming Rush Marine is added to Mega Man Maker in the future, it is replaced with the Rider Joe marine bike.
- Opposite of ProtoMan, Sniper Joe's shield protects him from damage when he is standing still on the ground, and is completely vulnerable when in the air.
- While staying still in crawling position, the shield on Sniper Joe's back protects him from projectiles coming from above.
- Due to the assumed cheaper and inferior material Sniper Joe's shield is made of, projectiles are destroyed when they make contact with the shield, not deflected like in ProtoMan's case.
What if we call him something like Custom Joe, and instead of him using boss weapons, he can have a customizable Joe weapons menu?
1. Sniper Shot (replaces buster weapons)(works like Sniper Joe's gun)
2. Chain Ball (works like Hammer Joe's weapon)
3. Bone Club (works like Skeleton Joe's weapon)
4. Crystal Shard (works like Crystal Joe's weapon)
5. Electricity Attack (works like Piriparee's weapon)
6. Grenade Toss (works like Joe Classic from MM8, MM&B, but you can't use the Sniper Shot)
7. Machine Gun (works like Machine Gun Joe's Weapon)
8. Harpoon Launcher (works like Harpoon Joe's weapon)
9. Bow Staff (works like Samurai Joe's weapon)
10. Cannon Adapter (let's him fire bigger bullets like a charge shot, but no need to charge)
1. Sniper armor (lets you get to unreachable places by jumping higher and further, also can shoot bullets like in MM2)
2. Apache Heli or Gunner Pod (use to fly like Rush Jet)
3. Marine Rider (use on top of water)
4. Truck Rammer (use to ride in and the spikes on the front can break through 1 tile wide walls, any thicker and the truck explodes)
Options turn on/off
Shield (only works when grounded and only works for Sniper weapon, Grenade weapon, machine gun, and cannon adapter, and projectiles are destroyed when they make contact with the shield, not deflected like in ProtoMan's case)
Crawl (lets you crawl into 1 space holes, like if you were sliding, if shield is equipped, it is on his back and protects him from projectiles coming from above)
I was formerly known as Megamanvwxyz.