[Old] Thoughts on the MMM wiki

Discuss your edits and propose your ideas for the Mega Man Maker Wiki and its pages here
Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

[Old] Thoughts on the MMM wiki

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Mod Edit: Unstickied because there is now a subforum for the Wiki.

Old Mod Edit: This has become a thread to give updates on the general progress of the MMM wiki. If you've made any recent edits, added new pages, or need another wiki contributor's help, do it all here.

Edit: I didn't think this would get pinned... Whatever

An official Mega Man Maker wiki was created yesterday, and i've been addicted to contributing to it! I created the Time Man and Assets pages, and have edited SEVERAL articles with corrections. What do you think?
Last edited by Brazencoronet17 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Thoughts on the MMM wiki

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:32 pm

It's pretty nice, I really like the Pronto Man page I've created
turnip

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun May 13, 2018 11:21 pm

Nice to see the wiki growing, especially with the "Mods" page finally being added.

Here are some things that could do with some revisions in my opinion:

* Various articles including "Trivia" segments, aren't properly sourced with links for proof, especially if they involve referencing cut content/features from official Mega Man games. People shouldn't classify cut features from official games as facts unless they have links to proof confirming it.

* The article for "A Taste of What's to Come" doesn't have its ID listed anywhere, nor a quick-play link, despite its importance of the first Mega Man Maker kaizo level.
* The article for "A Taste of What's to Come" could do with some screenshots. Perhaps a screenshot of the page showing the level name, ID and Score, and another screenshot of the level being played.

* The article for "Bass" classifies the character as an offensive character, which sounds like writer bias/personal opinion, and should probably be edited out

* The article for "Big Fish" should state that the enemy's custom sprite is an 8-bit edit of Big Fish's sprite from "The Wily Wars" for Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive.

* Not sure why "Boss Door (horizontal)" and "Boss Door (vertical)" are separate pages, they should probably be merged into one article.

* The article for "Crash Man" has some accidentally capitalized words, and typos, such as "Crashers Bombs", and could do with some editing.
* The article for "Crash Man" includes text that involves writer bias/personal opinion, such as "Crash Man's pattern is very simple and easy to deal with.", and should probably be edited out.
* The article for "Crash Man" includes text that involves strategy, which is subjective and would probably be better off being removed.

* The article for "Mega Buster" doesn't include specific detail the differences in hitbox size between the three different charge shot types, and should be edited to be less vague.

* The article for "Magnet Man" includes text that involves strategy, which is subjective and would probably be better off being removed.

* The article for "Metal Man" states in the glitches section "Metal Man's behavior/pattern will always activate upon pressing the fire button, even if you do not have any ammo or weapon." This behaviour in Mega Man Maker is identical to Metal Man's behaviour in Mega Man 2, and due to no proof from MM2's developers stating this behavior is indeed a glitch, it should be considered as an intentional design of his AI, and the article should be edited to reflect this.
* The article for "Metal Man" includes text that involves strategy, which is subjective and would probably be better off being removed.
* The article for "Metal Man" includes text that involves writer bias/personal opinion, such as "Understanding Metal Man's triggers can make fights with him fairly easy.", and should probably be edited out.

* The article for "The GW9 Infestation Mod" should probably contain a link to the mod's forum topic.

* The article for "Music" doesn't state any songs used in Mega Man Maker that aren't used in the level editor, such as the original music tracks for various menus, the music used in the tutorial, music used in the credits, ect.
* The article for "Music" doesn't state any of the unused/hidden music tracks found within some of Mega Man Maker's NSF files, such as the various songs and remixes found in "Timeman.nsf".

* The article for "Pharaoh Man" includes text that involves writer bias/personal opinion, such as "Pharaoh Man has an easy pattern, which players could understand easily, making his difficulty slightly lower. If you are able to dodge his frantic movements, he is an easy opponent. Pharaoh Man also occasionally begins spamming the Pharaoh Wave, making him an easy target.", and should probably be edited out.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

GW9
Discord: RightHandMan#8251

Post by GW9 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:06 am

Okay I created the Mods page and my Mod Page. I'll make sure to add the link. As for corrections...the Water entry should really have that the water tile originated from Yamato Man's stage, not Bubble Man's stage.
I need help but my pride says the pain is okay.

8JKN4

Post by 8JKN4 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:06 am

I just noticed something...
The Mega Man Maker Wiki does not have an article about the game...
turnip

GW9

Post by GW9 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:09 am

Nor is there one on WreckingPrograms...

8JKN4

Post by 8JKN4 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:09 am

At least we have one for Pronto Man
turnip

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 am

Maybe an article should be made listing all of the builds of Mega Maker/Mega Man Maker made available to the public, and the related additions/bug fixes/patches associated to each of them.

EDIT:
I believe the level "ITS A MEME YOU DIP" (ID: 5) deserves an article on the wiki, as it is the oldest surviving level to be uploaded to Mega Man Maker's servers without being removed, and for being possibly the first ever Joke Level in Mega Man Maker's history.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:55 am

Royalguard wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 11:21 pm
Nice to see the wiki growing, especially with the "Mods" page finally being added.

Here are some things that could do with some revisions in my opinion:

* Various articles including "Trivia" segments, aren't properly sourced with links for proof, especially if they involve referencing cut content/features from official Mega Man games. People shouldn't classify cut features from official games as facts unless they have links to proof confirming it.

* The article for "A Taste of What's to Come" doesn't have its ID listed anywhere, nor a quick-play link, despite its importance of the first Mega Man Maker kaizo level.
* The article for "A Taste of What's to Come" could do with some screenshots. Perhaps a screenshot of the page showing the level name, ID and Score, and another screenshot of the level being played.

* The article for "Bass" classifies the character as an offensive character, which sounds like writer bias/personal opinion, and should probably be edited out

* The article for "Big Fish" should state that the enemy's custom sprite is an 8-bit edit of Big Fish's sprite from "The Wily Wars" for Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive.

* Not sure why "Boss Door (horizontal)" and "Boss Door (vertical)" are separate pages, they should probably be merged into one article.

* The article for "Crash Man" has some accidentally capitalized words, and typos, such as "Crashers Bombs", and could do with some editing.
* The article for "Crash Man" includes text that involves writer bias/personal opinion, such as "Crash Man's pattern is very simple and easy to deal with.", and should probably be edited out.
* The article for "Crash Man" includes text that involves strategy, which is subjective and would probably be better off being removed.

* The article for "Mega Buster" doesn't include specific detail the differences in hitbox size between the three different charge shot types, and should be edited to be less vague.

* The article for "Magnet Man" includes text that involves strategy, which is subjective and would probably be better off being removed.

* The article for "Metal Man" states in the glitches section "Metal Man's behavior/pattern will always activate upon pressing the fire button, even if you do not have any ammo or weapon." This behaviour in Mega Man Maker is identical to Metal Man's behaviour in Mega Man 2, and due to no proof from MM2's developers stating this behavior is indeed a glitch, it should be considered as an intentional design of his AI, and the article should be edited to reflect this.
* The article for "Metal Man" includes text that involves strategy, which is subjective and would probably be better off being removed.
* The article for "Metal Man" includes text that involves writer bias/personal opinion, such as "Understanding Metal Man's triggers can make fights with him fairly easy.", and should probably be edited out.

* The article for "The GW9 Infestation Mod" should probably contain a link to the mod's forum topic.

* The article for "Music" doesn't state any songs used in Mega Man Maker that aren't used in the level editor, such as the original music tracks for various menus, the music used in the tutorial, music used in the credits, ect.
* The article for "Music" doesn't state any of the unused/hidden music tracks found within some of Mega Man Maker's NSF files, such as the various songs and remixes found in "Timeman.nsf".

* The article for "Pharaoh Man" includes text that involves writer bias/personal opinion, such as "Pharaoh Man has an easy pattern, which players could understand easily, making his difficulty slightly lower. If you are able to dodge his frantic movements, he is an easy opponent. Pharaoh Man also occasionally begins spamming the Pharaoh Wave, making him an easy target.", and should probably be edited out.
Similar thoughts on boss door articles, but for a diferrent one: I thin the petit devils should be seperate.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 am

GW9 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:06 am
Okay I created the Mods page and my Mod Page. I'll make sure to add the link. As for corrections...the Water entry should really have that the water tile originated from Yamato Man's stage, not Bubble Man's stage.
It was used in Yamato Man's stage, but it was first in Bubble Man's stage. Also, I made the water page! (;
BTW I said color of the water, not nesscessarily texture, maybe "Color in Bubble, texture in Yamato"

8JKN4

Post by 8JKN4 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 am

Creating pages is fun and actually not that hard

EDIT: I actually just remembered I don't even know how to do the "contents" thingy...
Last edited by 8JKN4 on Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
turnip

GW9

Post by GW9 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:02 am

Yeah. I started on spikes and ladders.

GW9

Post by GW9 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 am

Okay who added a picture of FanDuber's name?

PoisonousGas

Post by PoisonousGas » Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 am

GW9 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 am
Where?
Somebody once told me that Rock is gonna Roll me...
I ain't the sharpest Metal Blade in the shed...

Image´ I'm already hyped for 1.5. >:]

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 am

PoisonousGas wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 am
GW9 wrote:
Where?
https://wiki.megamanmaker.com/index.php ... roll).jpeg

PoisonousGas

Post by PoisonousGas » Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 am

Royalguard wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 am
PoisonousGas wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 am
GW9 wrote:
Where?
https://wiki.megamanmaker.com/index.php ... roll).jpeg
Oh... thanks...
Somebody once told me that Rock is gonna Roll me...
I ain't the sharpest Metal Blade in the shed...

Image´ I'm already hyped for 1.5. >:]

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 pm

https://wiki.megamanmaker.com/index.php/User:BigBadBlob

Seems like people are starting to build user pages on the Wiki just to advertise their feature wishlists. Shouldn't these be removed?

Not really sure why anyone other than Mega Man Maker's staff, or people that have made major contributions to the Mega Man Maker community in some way (level contest judges/winners, mod creators, ect.), deserve dedicated pages on the Wiki, but that is just me.
Last edited by Royalguard on Mon May 14, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 pm
https://wiki.megamanmaker.com/index.php/User:BigBadBlob

Seems like people are starting to build user pages on the Wiki just to advertise their feature wishlists. Shouldn't these be removed?

Not really sure why anyone other than Mega Man Maker's staff, or people that have made major contributions to the Mega Man Maker community in some way, deserve dedicated pages on the Wiki, but that is just me.
I can't even edit my page. I want to put "Zero" on it.

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 pm

I tried to revise the Kaizo page, as it was lacking information, and it seemed the original writer was biased due to referring to Kaizo levels as "unfair".

Left some "To Do" notes on the Kazio page if anyone wishes to add to it in any way.

I'm not really an expert in regards to Kaizo, so someone more experienced in those types of levels, or more involved in the Kaizo community of Mega Man Maker, should probably take over writing that page.

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 am

HoundBlue wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:10 am
Royalguard wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 pm
I tried to revise the Kaizo page, as it was lacking information, and it seemed the original writer was biased due to referring to Kaizo levels as "unfair".

Left some "To Do" notes on the Kazio page if anyone wishes to add to it in any way.

I'm not really an expert in regards to Kaizo, so someone more experienced in those types of levels, or more involved in the Kaizo community of Mega Man Maker, should probably take over writing that page.
honestly, kaizos are pretty unfair and i dont see that as a bias.
Guess I jumped the gun on that, whoops. :?