Metwo
6%

Total votes: 67

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

What do you guys want for the next big new thing for 1.4 update

Post by MegaFan13 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:08 pm

And example of this is when in 1.3 they added in Proto man and Bass
Last edited by MegaFan13 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: What do you guys want for the next big new thing for 1.4 update

Post by 8JKN4 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:16 pm

I want a "Currency-Ad" feature, where you can place and collect Bolts in levels that count towards your "Bolt Savings", and with enough Bolts, you can buy an "Ad Placer" where you can enter the name of a player, and if they've been playing a level for over 5 minutes an ad will pop up saying "PLAY MY LEVELS. -[your name]" without actually stopping the gameplay, enabling cheap deaths and even more unfair kaizos!
this was obviously a joke

No, seriously now, multiple bosses. Either that or NPCs.
Speaking of NPCs, if the devs can't add those because people could make them say curse words and that sort of stuff, they could add a "report level" function to go along with those. That could make a half-efficient solution.
turnip

MegaFan13

Post by MegaFan13 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:25 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:16 pm
I want a "Currency-Ad" feature, where you can place and collect Bolts in levels that count towards your "Bolt Savings", and with enough Bolts, you can buy an "Ad Placer" where you can enter the name of a player, and if they've been playing a level for over 5 minutes an ad will pop up saying "PLAY MY LEVELS. -[your name]" without actually stopping the gameplay, enabling cheap deaths and even more unfair kaizos!
this was obviously a joke

No, seriously now, multiple bosses. Either that or NPCs.
Speaking of NPCs, if the devs can't add those because people could make them say curse words and that sort of stuff, they could add a "report level" function to go along with those. That could make a half-efficient solution.
THAT WAS THE ONE I COULD NOT REMEMBER (Npc's) to add to the poll
I'm so dumb. But yeah with the curse words they could just add a report button
MM6 is the best MM game

ZepperFang

Post by ZepperFang » Thu May 31, 2018 5:30 pm

The level editor behaviour must be changed. While drawing a level, the editor ALWAYS take an automatic tile merging, so a level like MegaMan' NES Bombman cannot be reproduced, only if the level file is hacked.

So, the editor must bring an "automatic" mode, and a "manual" mode, where *I* choose the tiles to be placed. For haters, note that such change does NOT affect the file format! The editor simply gives freedom to choose the tile from a tileset!

Additionally, I STILL request partial background covering... OR a way to place black tiles (err... they use the background color, so the partial covering effect is done);

8JKN4

Post by 8JKN4 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:35 pm

ZepperFang wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:30 pm
So, the editor must bring an "automatic" mode, and a "manual" mode, where *I* choose the tiles to be placed. For haters, note that such change does NOT affect the file format! The editor simply gives freedom to choose the tile from a tileset!
It would default to automatic, right? I feel like whenever the devs add something like that they should always default to how it was before the adition
turnip

MegaFan13

Post by MegaFan13 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:35 pm
ZepperFang wrote:
It would default to automatic, right? I feel like whenever the devs add something like that they should always default to how it was before the adition
Yeah that should be like that, have it default to automatic, BUT!!! Do not hide away the manual setting button, have it in plain sight while editing because that manual mode would be used a lot most likely switched on and off
MM6 is the best MM game

8JKN4

Post by 8JKN4 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 pm

MegaFan13 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:35 pm
ZepperFang wrote:
Yeah that should be like that, have it default to automatic, BUT!!! Do not hide away the manual setting button, have it in plain sight while editing because that manual mode would be used a lot most likely switched on and off
Maybe have it in the Global Settings. It's not in plain sight, but people will end up seeing it sooner or later because they will have to go there to name the level in order to save it.
turnip

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:47 pm

I vote for multiple bosses per level, but keep in mind that multiple bosses on its own is not enough: We want to be able to assign separate weaknesses, immunity and music to each boss, as well as the ability to determine which bosses end the level and which don't.

For those who haven't read me yet, my solution was to grab the weaknesses, immmunity and music variables that the boss currently points at and turn them into arrays, so that each boss has a number that corresponds to the respective position in every one of those arrays. Let's say you place Cut Man and then Bomb Man, Cut Man takes the values from the position [0] of each array, while Bomb Man takes the values from the position [1] of each of those same arrays, and let's say you place Ice Man afterwards, and he takes the values from position [2]

But how do you determine which Robot Masters get which number without having to memorize the order you put them in? ...Well, maybe they can have a two-digit number button beside the gear button (two-digit because some of us might want to place up to 15 bosses in a metroidvania level), and if two or more bosses share the same number they will share the same positions in the arrays, and thus share the same weaknesses, immunity and music.

There you go, I provided the solution right there, so I don't know what problems does the dev team have that are giving them difficulties on implementing this. Is there a detail I overlooked?

MegaFan13

Post by MegaFan13 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:45 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:47 pm
I vote for multiple bosses per level, but keep in mind that multiple bosses on its own is not enough: We want to be able to assign separate weaknesses, immunity and music to each boss, as well as the ability to determine which bosses end the level and which don't.

For those who haven't read me yet, my solution was to grab the weaknesses, immmunity and music variables that the boss currently points at and turn them into arrays, so that each boss has a number that corresponds to the respective position in every one of those arrays. Let's say you place Cut Man and then Bomb Man, Cut Man takes the values from the position [0] of each array, while Bomb Man takes the values from the position [1] of each of those same arrays, and let's say you place Ice Man afterwards, and he takes the values from position [2]

But how do you determine which Robot Masters get which number without having to memorize the order you put them in? ...Well, maybe they can have a two-digit number button beside the gear button (two-digit because some of us might want to place up to 15 bosses in a metroidvania level), and if two or more bosses share the same number they will share the same positions in the arrays, and thus share the same weaknesses, immunity and music.

There you go, I provided the solution right there, so I don't know what problems does the dev team have that are giving them difficulties on implementing this. Is there a detail I overlooked?
I don't think it should be like 15 bosses, that's a little bit too much don't you think, you know the lag it would cause to people with not very good computers. I think it should be limited to 10 or even just 8 so people to a series of levels can do the refighta against the robot masters (I'm doing this it's called "Megaman in time" if you wanna check it out) so yeah
MM6 is the best MM game

8JKN4

Post by 8JKN4 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:49 pm

MegaFan13 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:45 pm
just 8 so people to a series of levels can do the refighta against the robot masters
Agreed.

Maybe 10 like you said before, but having 8 bosses per level would enable people to literally make a Mega Man game inside Mega Man Maker, excluding the Wily Castle.
turnip

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 pm

MegaFan13 wrote:
I don't think it should be like 15 bosses, that's a little bit too much don't you think, you know the lag it would cause to people with not very good computers. I think it should be limited to 10 or even just 8 so people to a series of levels can do the refighta against the robot masters (I'm doing this it's called "Megaman in time" if you wanna check it out) so yeah
Make it 9 (8 Robot Masters + Dr. Wily).

MegaFan13

Post by MegaFan13 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:53 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 pm
MegaFan13 wrote:
Make it 9 (8 Robot Masters + Dr. Wily).
yes, I think this would be a better idea.

I have an Idea

Why not 10 bosses so we can have the refights, then the "first form" of the Dr.Wily, then when you defeat that form you go on to the next screen and fight the "second form" of him
(Exp. Wily machine turns into wily capsule)
MM6 is the best MM game

Lunar Chris
Discord: Lunar Chris #9442

Post by Lunar Chris » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:18 pm

I would love to see an event or trigger system. It would allow for so much creativity and it would give level editing so much more depth. It doesn't need to be complex, and while it could be hard to implement, it would be cool to set specific triggers to change bg colors or make a key appear after every enemy is destroyed for example.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:08 pm

I would like more types of keys and doors and an accuracy levels search system.

Terran Domizer

Post by Terran Domizer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 am

I only want improved performance. I really want to make a level that uses at least half of the canvas's rooms, and not having it running at 60 frames per day.

I haven't seen anyone complaining about this since last year, so i decided to test my level in various computers, one of them being a decent gaming pc a relative has. Yet, it runs poorly on each of them.
Sabado Perpetuo

Geoter1

Post by Geoter1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 am

i choose mm11 content
more kinds of keys
and more playable characters
cuz they will not matter too much and change the playstyle of players a lot (i think so)
multiple bosses is a horrible idea cuz ths will make the troll makers frikin crazy and then you will end up fighting from 2
to whatever the limit is and yea
as there are cons there are pros
  • there can be more creative ways to end levels
  • can lead to much more levels
  • more people seeking challange and try to beat the multiple bosses
  • totally no problem in 2 bosses in same level in the same frikin room cuz that is what capcom is doing in MM X legacy collection
trolls will take over MMM
i do not have any other ideas about what they will add and do not care cuz i spend more time on forums more than the time in the actual game
anybody wanna play with me free games
PM me and i will see about it
i also play fortnite :D
(but i am nub)
other free games that i play:
brawlhala,modern combat versus,tee worlds,rules of survival (ROS for short) soon

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Terran Domizer wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 am
I only want improved performance. I really want to make a level that uses at least half of the canvas's rooms, and not having it running at 60 frames per day.

I haven't seen anyone complaining about this since last year, so i decided to test my level in various computers, one of them being a decent gaming pc a relative has. Yet, it runs poorly on each of them.
We stopped complaining because we've already determined that WreckingPrograms and his crew are hopelessly incapable of solving the slowdown problem. Accept that you will never see a level with over 100 screens play smoothly, much less a level that counts as an entire game.
Geoter1 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 am
multiple bosses is a horrible idea cuz ths will make the troll makers frikin crazy and then you will end up fighting from 2
to whatever the limit is
I never said multiple bosses IN THE SAME ROOM! ಠ_ಠ That's stupid! I meant multiple bosses in the sense that you have them sprinkled across the map, transforming a single level into an entire Metroidvania game! Some of us want to make whole fangames, not just single isolated little levels!

Terran Domizer

Post by Terran Domizer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:54 pm
Terran Domizer wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 am

We stopped complaining because we've already determined that WreckingPrograms and his crew are hopelessly incapable of solving the slowdown problem. Accept that you will never see a level with over 100 screens play smoothly, much less a level that counts as an entire game.
Geoter1 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 am
to whatever the limit is
I never said multiple bosses IN THE SAME ROOM! ಠ_ಠ That's stupid! I meant multiple bosses in the sense that you have them sprinkled across the map, transforming a single level into an entire Metroidvania game! Some of us want to make whole fangames, not just single isolated little levels!
Well, that is unfortunate, to say the least. Although im now more curious about the issue.
Sabado Perpetuo

Gamer guy

Post by Gamer guy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 pm

I would LOVE to be able to pick multible weapons to have unlimited ammo.
come at me BRO

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 pm

The rise of the Fanduber wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:30 pm
Rockman 7 FC Assests to be added in Future Mega Man Maker Versions.