Version 1.4.2.1

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.4.2.1

Post by WreckingPrograms » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:26 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.4.2.1 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Error 500 = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Error 400 = Your profile.ini and user account data don't match, delete profile.ini and try to create the account or log in
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappears at the other side and now it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it.
>Error -70 while uploading = DM Goldstorm details on how you are connecting to the internet and other data about your PC
> HTTPControl error = restart your MMM client and re-attempt the download. This is likely due to a connection issue.
> "Cannot load buffer file at gml_Script_GME_LoadSong" error = Often, simply restarting your computer and trying again solves the issue. Other times, waiting about a day and trying again works. There is unfortunately no reliable fix.
> "Data structure with index does not exist" error = do the following. Go to %localappdata%/MegaMaker/Settings and delete the files BeatenLevels.sav, PlayedLevels.sav and VotedLevels.sav. Restart the game and it shouldn't crash anymore. Keep in mind that this means the game forgets what levels you have played, beaten or voted on.
Created this game, I guess.

MTZPyra
Discord: Pyra The Wolf™#2969

Re: Version 1.4.2.1

Post by MTZPyra » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:32 am

If you punch in midair right before a screen transition and hold up, you will reach on to the ladder improperly.
Ultra minor bug tho, and it doesn't really do anything negative, easily fixable by just jumping off the ladder, you'd only do the bug if you were trying to, and im not complaining. Just posting this here because it exists. pls dont hurt me everyone.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)
Ring Plateau MkII (220661)

MTZPyra

Post by MTZPyra » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 am

Also, maybe not a bug, but Atomic Fire, Pharaoh Shot, Noise Crush, Hard Knuckle, and Wild Coil don't knock over Pookers, i feel like a change should be made to where if Mega Man (Or Bass) doesn't have Charge Shot, they should be able to knock Pookers over with a certain weapon.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:37 am

Wait 1.4.2.1? Why not 1.4.2?
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:06 am

Well, here are some of the glitches I found, check out the video for more details: https://youtu.be/0_06HyrBMpE

1/ Treble Boost displayed as Super Adapter even if my character is set as Bass. I haven't check if the same thing happens to the Jet Mega and Power Mega counterparts.
2/ On the first screen, falling into a pit with water... make you look like... getting out of water? I mean look at the sprite before I die at 0:34, it makes no sense.
3/ On the second screen (from 1:03), take a look at the difference between the results when those punch-in-the-box pop out.
___3.1/ On the first punch, the X Box jumped to the top of the screen, came back, not landing on the ladders. The second punch, however, it land on the ladders despite the fact that nothing changed.
___3.2/ As you can see, normally the lower punching box only hit the X Box once at a time, but when I aimed the higher one at the X Box, the lower one would push the X Box fly up twice in just one punch.
4/ Third screen (from 1:53). Item-2 can push the X Boxes. Okay, this is a nice feature actually. I recommend you guys keep it. But take a look from 2:28 to 2:43, you can see magical things happened...
Seriously, just fix the overlapping X Boxes, but keep the pushing feature. It's cool and I want to use it for some puzzle levels.
5/ Okay, the last one. The Treble Boost (Super Adapter) worked perfectly as the boss' weakness if there was a boss door. Without any boss door (4:32)? Hell no! The legendary Treble Boost deal 1-bar damage to the boss.
___5.1/ I don't know this is a glitch or not, but if you switch to Treble Boost (w/out entering TB Form), Bass can fire Mega Buster. When the energy runs out, he can't.
[THE MAD KAIZO LAND]
[ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND]
[THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND]
[THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND]
[ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND]
If you have a good level and want me to play it, feel free to send it to me.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 am

I don't know if it's just my computer or something, but sometimes when I'm playing a level, my character stops moving. I would jump over a pit, but the game cuts off its response to my controls, sending Mega Man to his death. Other times I would just be walking, and then Mega Man stops moving for a split-second before resuming walking.

On second thought, I don't think this happens with any other game I play on my computer. It's strictly happening in MMM.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

DrFault
Discord: DrFault#8578

Post by DrFault » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:51 am

Jet Adapter's height seems to get locked if you're pushed by a fan while ascending.
https://youtu.be/-vkInShsxns
Whatever you're thinking, it was probably magnets.

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:15 am

All the glitches regarding Shade Man that I posted in the 1.4 bug report are still possible.
1. If you use the Jet Adapter while Shade Man tries to turn you to stone, you continue to fly, but you can't move horizontally, and when you land, you are stuck as if you're still made of stone. You can switch weapons still, but you cannot pause. You return to normal if you are hit.

2. If you use the same set-up as Glitch 1, but instead, are hit by one of his Sonic Beams before you land, you are able to move around freely, and even defeat him, but you still can't pause. If you slide while in this state, you will be stuck as if in Glitch 1, unable to do anything except switch weapons. You return to normal if you get hit, unless you perform this glitch again to get hit.

3. If you use Jet Adapter as you get caught by Shade Man, the bar for it will continue to drain as long as you hold down the button.

4. If Jet Adapter is set as the main weapon, and you do Glitch 1 but instead stay flying, once Shade Man hits you, you'll be back in Glitch 2.

5. If you use Jet Adapter after escaping Shade Man's grasp, you can fly up from that point (kind of not a glitch, per se, but I thought I'd at least mention it) Similarly, you can also Double Jump as Bass after he catches you, and use the Super Adapter's Jet as well.

I tried to get these to work with the Super Adapter, but according to what I've found, you would have to be extremely precise.

6. This also works with Rush Jet. With this one, however, if you jump off of Rush, you get stuck in the Jump animation, and and if you get hit normally, you will return to the normal animations, but still in the Glitch 2 state. Getting hit again from here returns you to normal.

7. If you do Glitch 6 and don't get hit or jump, you will instead be stuck in the Stone animation, but able to 'walk'. If you jump, you will get stuck in Glitch 6 again. However, if you fall off of Rush and get hit at all during this, you will just return to normal.

6a./7a. These are possible with Proto Jet as well.
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:32 am

(Ok never mind this was intentional apparently.)
Last edited by Bean man on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

MTZPyra

Post by MTZPyra » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:39 am

DISCORD EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 am

MTZPyra wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:39 am
DISCORD EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE
I've been wondering about #2 for ages now, thanks for that information.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

in version 1.4.1 had an interesting effect that the fan very close stops the player from jumping, but now the player acts like he is on air, and this brokes battles against Bubbleman for example.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:34 pm

We can´t stack Push Blocks over CrashLifts and Footholders.
And Push Blocks still cant hold Pickups correctly.

Snivymaster1337
Discord: Snivymaster1337#6543

Post by Snivymaster1337 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:43 pm

When I try to log into my account it doesn't work.
Luckily In A Earlier version I can login Safely.
It's Quite Easy to Reproduce the Glitch.
Also No I was not typing in the wrong password. I know my password and wasn't inputting it wrong.
Finally got round to updating my signature.

Still too late to turn back though.

Also, check out my MMM fangame here.
Oh yeah, I made a poll for my MMM fangame, click here to get sent to the poll.

Mega-zacsolo

Post by Mega-zacsolo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 pm

1st the blue changelog screen still applies Image

2nd shadow blade's color is off

Megaman 3: Image

Megaman maker: Image

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:58 pm

When you jump under a down-facing fan, you can get stuck in the jumping position. Couldn't slide to progress
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:58 pm
When you jump under a down-facing fan, you can get stuck in the jumping position. Couldn't slide to progress
I have this problem too.

in version 1.4.1 it was ok

Jevedor

Post by Jevedor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:42 pm

There is a bug in the app updater for 1.4.1 when going to 1.4.2.1 that it does not create the Temp folder in AppData/Local to drop the mmupdate.zip files. You can get around it by creating the folder directly, but otherwise the autoupdate bombs. It does however remove the Temp directory at the end of the update fine. Probably not a critical bug, but wanted to put it on your guys radar in case its relevant for 1.4.2.1 update to whatever the next version is.

Jevedor

Post by Jevedor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Mega-zacsolo wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 pm
2nd shadow blade's color is off

Megaman 3: Image

Megaman maker: Image
FWIW I hope this doesn't change. I like the new purple better. Looks especially rad on protoman.

Chronoas

Post by Chronoas » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 pm

I don't know if it's a new bug, but in the space of the 2 hours since I updated and been building/testing my levels, I've unintentionally clipped into/on-top-of walls 3 times. I can't say for sure, as I'm not typically expecting it and I haven't been able to intentionally reproduce it, but it seemed like every time was when I was getting knocked back from damage, possibly while I was in the air with my back against or near a wall. The most recent instance, I was fighting Ice Man in a relatively basic boss room, and I was near the right wall, facing left. I attempted to jump over one of his shots, he hit me and I clipped up into the upper right ceiling, with Mega Man's top half in the ceiling and stuck.