Due to continued harassment from Fandubber, all of Malaysia is now banned from accessing the forums

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
Goldstorm
Discord: Goldstorm#0037

Due to continued harassment from Fandubber, all of Malaysia is now banned from accessing the forums

Post by Goldstorm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Before I go into my reasoning, I want to make a quick note:

We can exclude specific IP addresses from banning. So if anyone is aware of any Malaysian players that aren't fandubber, let me or the mod team know.

In the recent days, we enabled IP banning. Since then, we've been using this to carry out bans on fandubber. I can get into details on why this wasn't a day one feature in another post if you are all curious, but let's leave that topic out of this.

I thought just banning specific IP addresses would be enough, but as it turns out, Malaysia is a bit different with how their networks are run, and he was able to post from mobile networks as well. This led me to banning specific sub-networks first. Seeing as his activity has continued even after that, I have decided to just ban all of Malaysia. I'm hoping this shouldn't have an impact on the user base, seeing as he was really the only forum member that I saw posting from that country. We'll go ahead and make a forum wide announcement regarding this.

The most recent incident of his banning and reporting was him stealing levels. I have a 0 tolerance policy for this, which is why his account has been deleted from the server. The levels are still there to be played, however.

If he continues to be a problem, please continue using the reporting feature. This really does help us a lot.

I'm confident I was able to get most of the network ranges, but I'm not perfect and probably missed a few.

And a note to fandubber who will probably find a way back in and see this (if he doesn't, well I guess that's ok too):

Dude, can you like, chill out please? I really don't like doing this (banning an entire country). If you wana talk one to one about what's really bothering you just pm me.

LightDaemon

Re: Due to continued harrasment from Fandubber, all of Malaysia is now banned from accessing the forums

Post by LightDaemon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Thank you.
Tired of Internet

Kun fu Cuts Man
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955

Re: Due to continued harrasment from Fandubber, all of Malaysia is now banned from accessing the forums

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:12 pm

:crab: Fanduber is gone :crab:
And RIP Malaysia
Does this count?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here
Finished it.

Goldstorm

Post by Goldstorm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:12 pm
:crab: Fanduber is gone :crab:
And RIP Malaysia
I would give it some time before celebrating. Like I said, I think I banned most of them. I'll be double checking later today. He can also use a VPN to access the forum for a while too.

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Are you kidding me lmao, what a godly troll literally making the forums banning an entire country. Sad but hilarious
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Post by Blast Man » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:49 pm

MegaFan13 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Are you kidding me lmao, what a godly troll literally making the forums banning an entire country. Sad but hilarious
The godly ban
A gamer/pixel artist (also known as Play Dash, old idiotic account here) who also likes Mega Man games! I also like the artstyle and aesthetics of the old Mega Man games/Mega Man Maker demakes.

Currently working on Rivals of Aether stuff and MM demakes!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Wow. I never assumed such harsh measures would be necessary...

Goldstorm

Post by Goldstorm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:33 pm
Wow. I never assumed such harsh measures would be necessary...
Same here, man. :|

Lord Fawful
Discord: Uranus#7544

Post by Lord Fawful » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 pm

I thought this was a joke

Can we get an f in the chat for the Malaysian's

Also, what evidence do you have that Fanduber is Malaysian
I have chortles

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:15 pm

That's just.... unbelievable.
I really needed to update my signature...

Goldstorm

Post by Goldstorm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Uranus wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 pm
I thought this was a joke

Can we get an f in the chat for the Malaysian's

Also, what evidence do you have that Fanduber is Malaysian
Posting from multiple IP addresses on networks that belong to a Malaysian telecom company. It's technically not all of Malaysia, but mostly the Kuala Lumpur area. I'd know if he was using a VPN, those companies need to reserve ranges specifically for them. These are regular ISP networks. So he's either a genius network hacker or Malaysian. I chose the latter.

joacocapurro

Post by joacocapurro » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm

take that, fandubber! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Re: Due to continued harassment from Fandubber, all of Malaysia is now banned from accessing the forums

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:07 pm

I don't even know how to react to this. I literally just spent 20 minutes staring at the typing box, reviewing the topic and trying to pull everything together. Sooooo... F for all the innocent Malaysians.

F
i am no longer active :pensive:

bye

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Re: Due to continued harassment from Fandubber, all of Malaysia is now banned from accessing the forums

Post by supersmashgaming » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen
Levels:
Banzai Woman

SPOOKY MONTH

rollerC
Discord: rollerC#5125

Post by rollerC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 pm

To add to this: as a moderator I would like to STRONGLY discourage continuing to talk about Fanduber or revering him as a “legendary troll” after this moment. Continuing to mention trolls like this feeds into other people who want to receive that sort of fame and creates more trolls as a result.

We don’t want to create more problems.
pee

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 pm

rollerC wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 pm
To add to this: as a moderator I would like to STRONGLY discourage continuing to talk about Fanduber or revering him as a “legendary troll” after this moment. Continuing to mention trolls like this feeds into other people who want to receive that sort of fame and creates more trolls as a result.

We shouldn't be partying then.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

rollerC
Discord: rollerC#5125

Post by rollerC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 pm
rollerC wrote:

I agree, but I guess there’s no way to fix this now.
pee

Goldstorm

Post by Goldstorm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:51 pm

rollerC wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 pm
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 pm
rollerC wrote:

I agree, but I guess there’s no way to fix this now.
I'll just lock the topic. Let's all move on.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.