Astro Crush

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Astro Crush

Post by 8JKN4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:40 pm

I was playing around with Astro Man and I found out that his use of Astro Crush is inaccurate.
In MM8, he teleports around the room and uses the weapon. The column in the room where he last teleported into before disappearing is completely safe and is where he'll reappear. In 1.5, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. Astro Crush seems a bit more random and he reappears in a completely different place.
This could be an intentional modification to make the boss harder, but I posted this thread so that, if it isn't intentional, any devs reading this can know and fix it if they want to make him more like the original.
turnip

QuartexGames

Re: Astro Crush

Post by QuartexGames » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Use Galaxy Man's weapon to suck in Astro Man's meteor shower
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788

Aze
Discord: Aze#7228

Post by Aze » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:40 pm
I was playing around with Astro Man and I found out that his use of Astro Crush is inaccurate.
In MM8, he teleports around the room and uses the weapon. The column in the room where he last teleported into before disappearing is completely safe and is where he'll reappear. In 1.5, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. Astro Crush seems a bit more random and he reappears in a completely different place.
This could be an intentional modification to make the boss harder, but I posted this thread so that, if it isn't intentional, any devs reading this can know and fix it if they want to make him more like the original.
This change was intentional, done so to make the boss more challenging and fun, and honestly it's much better, if he had a safespot, he would probably become one of the most boring rm ever. And it's completely possible to always dodge his astro crush this way.
BRUTAL EDITION COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2677

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:40 pm

Aze wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
This change was intentional, done so to make the boss more challenging and fun, and honestly it's much better, if he had a safespot, he would probably become one of the most boring rm ever. And it's completely possible to always dodge his astro crush this way.
This new update has great potential, I was playing around with the bosses trying to make minibosses out of them (works great because of key drop feature) and Astro man is a great pick for a miniboss as well as tornado man, they have those screen attacks which is fantastic cause you can box them in and they will still attack as normal, this is why spark man was such a good choice as the main part to a wily boss remake but now we have them :)
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:43 pm

MegaFan13 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:40 pm
Aze wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
This new update has great potential, I was playing around with the bosses trying to make minibosses out of them (works great because of key drop feature) and Astro man is a great pick for a miniboss as well as tornado man, they have those screen attacks which is fantastic cause you can box them in and they will still attack as normal, this is why spark man was such a good choice as the main part to a wily boss remake but now we have them :)
Uuuh... Astro Man teleports.
turnip