Version 1.5.4

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.5.4

Post by WreckingPrograms » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.5.4 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Error 500 = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Error 400 = Your profile.ini and user account data don't match, delete profile.ini and try to create the account or log in
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappears at the other side and now it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it.
>Error -70 while uploading = DM Goldstorm details on how you are connecting to the internet and other data about your PC
> HTTPControl error = restart your MMM client and re-attempt the download. This is likely due to a connection issue.
> "Cannot load buffer file at gml_Script_GME_LoadSong" error = Often, simply restarting your computer and trying again solves the issue. Other times, waiting about a day and trying again works. There is unfortunately no reliable fix.
> "Data structure with index does not exist" error = do the following. Go to %localappdata%/MegaMaker/Settings and delete the files BeatenLevels.sav, PlayedLevels.sav and VotedLevels.sav. Restart the game and it shouldn't crash anymore. Keep in mind that this means the game forgets what levels you have played, beaten or voted on.
Created this game, I guess.

Uranus

Re: Version 1.5.4

Post by Uranus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 pm

i was going to report my problem once again but I noticed that they wouldn't accept it

I know now, so, this is pointless
I am an ASS planet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm

It's very precise timing, but if you jump and and go the direction of where a wall is RIGHT as Rain flush's rain comes in onscreen you can clip into the wall.

You can play a level to test it out here: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=312830
Last edited by Bean man on Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1.5 for life!... until 1.6

KennyMan666
Discord: KennyMan666#1335

Post by KennyMan666 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:34 pm

While experimenting to find a way to have oil catch on fire basically as soon as it loads, but not re-ignite once put out without reloading the room, I found a way to make fire that can't be put out in a way that probably should not be happening.

Like that.

The Rain Flush-boosted jump in the video seemed sketchy as well, I clearly should not have been able to make it to that platform, but somehow clipped into and on top of the block that should have stopped me.

Also the slowdown is still occuring and the conveyor belt + oil clip reported in the 1.5.3 bug thread is still a thing.

Abadoss

Post by Abadoss » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Spring Man is still teleporting into the wall as per my report on 1.5.3.

This was the recorded footage of the error in 1.5.3, but no change has occurred in 1.5.4:

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Rain Flush's rain won't change direction depending on which direction the player is facing. In other words, you can only get a jump boost if you're facing right.

EDIT: I was wrong, it actually does.
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

Abadoss

Post by Abadoss » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:38 pm

More weird (probably unintended) behavior of oil pits. When a Fire Met walking on top is hit by Water Wave, Schrodinger's Oil Pit is both on fire and not on fire.

See media below:

Nasdrae

Post by Nasdrae » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 am

Since the last update on April 5th I have an severe issue with bossdoor transitions. I have a level in which two connectedrooms are placed under a bossdoor. After defeating the boss when I want to enter the door, the screen moves slightly down while moving in the recomented direction as well (it´ s left in my level) and then it crashes. When disconnect the rooms below the bossdoor it´s working fine.

Also before the update, I had issues at the same spot. After defeating the boss and entering the door, all enemies and objects (such as yoku-blocks) were slowed down until I died and started at the checkpoint I´ ve placed right next to the bossdoor. Then everything was at normal speed. The boss-characters I´ ve placed for that fight are Time Man and Astro Man. Could this slowdown be an effect due to a bug with Time Man? Don´t know if it is still happening, havn´ t tried this yet.

I hadn´ t had this problems befor the update.

The issue with the transition bug is even way more bad like I sayed it´ s causing mega man maker to crash and showing an error message.

(Also how to upload screenshots and videos to show exactly what I mean? - couldn´t find an uploadoption here...)

Sincererly, Nasdrae.

Megamanvwxyz

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:09 am

Configure gamepad still doesn't work nor does gamepad support, I have a USB Data Frog SNES, and USB Data Frog Sega Genesis controller and neither work in 1.5.3, or 1.5.4 they worked fine in 1.4.2.1, I hope this can be fixed as I hate playing with the keyboard.
Hi! I like shooting lemons! They kill robots and are easy to shoot!

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:17 am

I don't know if this is a bug or not. I have a midboss room after a checkpoint that awards an E-tank when you beat them. But when I died and started over at the checkpoint, I still had the E-tank even though I only beat them after passing it.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:01 am

Its good that the bug when more then 10 bosses are added the player can move now. However there is another problem. When more then 10 bosses are used the player no longer receives damage from them and could lead to soft locks if they player has no weapons or has ran out of a platform weapons to get them out of such a pickle. The player is then unable to die from contact damage and must restart from the checkpoint or restart the stage to get out of it.

Its better then what came before. Also the teleporter bug still needs to be fixed as its a bit annoying to have to let go of the right arrow key before they enter the teleporter or wind up dying from it. That is a megaman maker bug that needs to be fixed and I am certain that I am not the only one who has experienced it.

Also if you hold left arrow key and approach a teleporter to the left you get glitched into the teleporter room and get stuck and unable to move out of it.

Slash7

Post by Slash7 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:02 am

Magma Beam Generator toward horizontal line does not work off screen after being triggered
Bassnium Z - 325076 Part 1, 325079 Part 2; 324724 entire level but long loading time

310710 GET DEM KEYZ
302538 Construction Factory
294599 Protoman Shield Strike
183547 Area MD1 - Metroidvania based level
188249 Mega Adventure

NicoNirva

Post by NicoNirva » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Hmm, this version still give me the FPS dropping, I have no idea what happened since 1.5.3.
*Sigh* Do I really need to get a better pc to play just Megaman Maker now?

Pantha35

Post by Pantha35 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:32 pm

I was playing to Boss Rush example level, and I had just defeated Grenade Man. I was sliding at the same time the key collided with Megaman and the game crashed. I wasn't recording sadly, but this is the error message that I got:
of Step EventobjMegaman
for object objKey:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,31] out of range [1,31] - -5.keyCollected(101061,31)
at gml_Object_objKey_Collision_375f7d2f_3120_44bc_812e_a935ed926fc8
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_objKey_Collision_375f7d2f_3120_44bc_812e_a935ed926fc8 (line -1)

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:52 pm

Brain Break is immune to Flash Bomb

Dragy

Post by Dragy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 pm

NicoNirva wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:33 pm
Hmm, this version still give me the FPS dropping, I have no idea what happened since 1.5.3.
I have a really good system with a GTX1080TI and also have 50% FPS drop since 1.5.3 so you're not alone.

Midaras

Post by Midaras » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Small little bug with the Tornado Man rain:

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object objRainPreviewer:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [3072,2912] out of range [3153,0] - -5.placedObject(100660,98306912)
at gml_Object_objRainPreviewer_Draw_0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_objRainPreviewer_Draw_0 (line -1)

When placing the spawn block for the rain and then left clicking to pick it up and drag to move it, if you drag it over a screen loading line it crashes the game. A.K.A. the thicker white lines that give the option of how the camera scrolls over to a new screen.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

If, as Bass, you dash then switch to Charge kick you'll be able to dash into 1 block high gaps and can even switch weapons while in.

1.5 for life!... until 1.6

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Dragy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 pm
NicoNirva wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:33 pm
I have a really good system with a GTX1080TI and also have 50% FPS drop since 1.5.3 so you're not alone.
I'm having the having the exact same problem as you two, and I just can't seem to find an adequate solution for it.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Using Jewel Satellite to reflect falling leaf shield attack from WoodMan can result in sprite freeze.
I saw it in this clip: