BenPlusMM
Discord: Ben™ #6759

Re: W-Tank to restore a single weapon's ammo

Post by BenPlusMM » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:27 pm

SoupBowler wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:26 pm
a single weapon's ammo
that's a) not how W Tanks work and b) that's an unnecessary nerf
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
Currently realizing that I suck at art.

Lunar Chris
Discord: Lunar Chris #9442

Post by Lunar Chris » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 am

At the very least, it would be nice to have W-Tanks so that we don't have to use M-Tanks which fills both health and weapons. Also, why only one weapon when they fill every weapon you have like in some games?
PLEASE ADD LAVA FOR MMM 1.6!

BenPlusMM

Post by BenPlusMM » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 am

Lunar Chris wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 am
like in some games?
*all games they've ever appeared in

KennyMan666
Discord: KennyMan666#1335

Post by KennyMan666 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am

BenPlusMM wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 am
Lunar Chris wrote:
like in some games?
Actually no - in the first two games that had the W Tank, MMIV and MMV on Game Boy, it would restore the energy only of one weapon. From MM7 onwards it fills up all of 'em.
Last edited by KennyMan666 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

T̶o̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶"̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶?̶"̶:̶ ̶B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶M̶ ̶t̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶u̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶a̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶.̶

Anyway, @SoupBowler: Currently you have an option like this: give players a key, and at a certain part make a room that have many weapon containers locked by doors, so that they can choose which weapon they want to refill (pick up a weapon container will automatically refill the ammo). This method kinda less dynamic than a W-tank like your idea because it can not be applied during a boss fight, but I think you may like to use it by now.

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am

Hyenyaku wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am
Anyway, @SoupBowler: Currently you have an option like this: give players a key, and at a certain part make a room that have many weapon containers locked by doors, so that they can choose which weapon they want to refill (pick up a weapon container will automatically refill the ammo). This method kinda less dynamic than a W-tank like your idea because it can not be applied during a boss fight, but I think you may like to use it by now.
Yeah, that's at least one workaround if you're inclined to do that. Blank Weapon Capsules also act as an instant ammo refill to whatever's currently equipped, so that may be helpful to know.
Knight needs caffeine badly.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:38 pm

V1ralGam3r wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am
Yeah, that's at least one workaround if you're inclined to do that. Blank Weapon Capsules also act as an instant ammo refill to whatever's currently equipped, so that may be helpful to know.
You're right Vir. I almost forgot about the use of Blank Weapon Capsules. May be this should be mentioned more often so that creators will keep in mind its utility.

SoupBowler

Post by SoupBowler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:

I guess that helps a bit, but I'd much prefer something that you could carry. Thanks for the tip!

SoupBowler

Post by SoupBowler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:14 pm

KennyMan666 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am
BenPlusMM wrote:
Lunar Chris wrote:
like in some games?
Actually no - in the first two games that had the W Tank, MMIV and MMV on Game Boy, it would restore the energy only of one weapon. From MM7 onwards it fills up all of 'em.
I honestly thought they always only refilled one weapon. Honestly I'd like that more than having them refill all of them since the M tank does that AND health.

SoupBowler

Post by SoupBowler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:16 pm

V1ralGam3r wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am
Hyenyaku wrote:
Oh wow. That definitely should be mentioned more.

BenPlusMM

Post by BenPlusMM » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:33 pm

KennyMan666 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am
BenPlusMM wrote:
Lunar Chris wrote:
like in some games?
Oh. I haven't played the GB games.

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:13 am

I think we could use a wtank that fills up just one weapon and maybe have a total of nine of them that we can carry.
I think megaman 7 it was supposed to fill up one weapons and not restore health. The reason it fills up everything is when Capcom was coding for the stank they mistakenly set the w tank to fill up everything. That was a bug and not intentional kind of like megaman 3 rush jet working under water.