A quick tip for sharing levels

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
User avatar
OJTheViking
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am

A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by OJTheViking » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:27 am

Just a general suggestion for all level creators who post on this forum. Please add a link to your level in the actual post.

Once you've uploaded a level, there is an easily visible button in MMM that says "share," and you can choose to copy the link from there. If that somehow is not possible, then you can sort of post the link yourself by using this prefix:

Image

...and then just add the level ID at the end (example: Image)

For those of us who want to try your levels, these links will take us directly to them. Ultimately not a big deal, but this is still a neat feature for the sake of simplicity.

Also, to make it look a bit fancy, you can turn the level title into the link itself, by adding the link inside of the BBCode URL feature. Like this: Image

Just some friendly advice for those who may not know about these options.
- OJTheViking


User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2547
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Bean man » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Everyone needs to see this, thanks for posting cause it's way more convenient.
Image

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

User avatar
OJTheViking
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by OJTheViking » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Bean man wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 pm
Everyone needs to see this, thanks for posting cause it's way more convenient.
Agreed!
- OJTheViking


User avatar
OJTheViking
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by OJTheViking » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:04 am

Bumping this up as it bears repeating.
- OJTheViking


User avatar
Z1GMA
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Z1GMA » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:11 am

What program do you guys use when recording a runthrough and yr voice?

Also, this thread could use a bump anyway.
Image

User avatar
Nickelasse
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Nickelasse » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Z1GMA wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:11 am
What program do you guys use when recording a runthrough and yr voice?

Also, this thread could use a bump anyway.
I would recommend audacity for recording your voice and OBS for recording gameplay. (Both are free).

¨Once i'm done with with a playthrough of a stage I put the commentary and the gameplay track in a program called shotcut, where I can adjust the audio of both tracks separately or edit the footage.
If you choose to do it this way you have to manually sync up your voice with the gameplay so it doesn't lag behind or end up being ahead of each other.

Recording your commentary in a separate software such as audacity has great benefits. If you should burst out with a loud noice into the mic while playing, the sound will clip and it will be painful to your viewers ears, and we don't want that.

To remove the clipping we need to smoothen out the audio waves of the commentary. To do this you click the effect tab and select limiter as I'll show you on the screenshot down below:

Image


Once you've done that, this window will pop up:


Image

Personally, I put my limit to -3 db. It rounds of all the loud clipping for me. You'll have to fidget around yourself obviously, but this is basically where you access it. You could also manually edit every single audio wave yourself in shotcut, but that will take ages. :oops:

But yeah, to summarize:

*Audacity for recording commentary
*Obs for recording the gameplay
*Shotcut for editing the footage / further adjustments. (Shotcut is also a free software).

(If you record commentary and gameplay on two separate channel as I suggest here, youre going to need a software such as shotcut in order to mix both sound channels together).

If you feel like this is too much to start out with. I recommend that you only download OBS and record both commentary and gameplay at the same time. This way however you will be quite limited as you wont be able to adjust your voice and gameplay separately. But it is easier if you just want to start out lightly. ;)
Image

Building easier levels made me realize how difficult it is to keep a stage "light" yet interesting at the same time. It is a fun challenge projected to the creator rather than to the player. ;)

User avatar
satomiblood
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by satomiblood » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:22 pm

I’ve never used this function before. Does it automatically open up the MMM program upon clicking the link?

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3397
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Royalguard » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:37 pm

satomiblood wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:22 pm
I’ve never used this function before. Does it automatically open up the MMM program upon clicking the link?
The level ID url should open Mega Man Maker for people that use Windows operating systems, I'm not sure about if it does this for people running Mega Man Maker through Wine via Linux or Mac operating systems though.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

User avatar
Z1GMA
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Z1GMA » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks for the tips, Nickelasse.

/

Btw, can we get a sticky on this thread?
The OP is very useful.
Image

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2547
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Bean man » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Bumped because this is actually very relevant no matter what.

I think this should be pinned, I mean, I haven't seen many posts that do this and it would be much more convenient if people did add this feature.
Image

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

User avatar
Kun fu Cuts Man
Posts: 1026
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955
Contact:

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 am

BUMP!
Now everyone can see this thread, thank me later.
Image
Does this count (for a spoopy avatar)?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here

User avatar
Nigel Chinclucker
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Nickelasse wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:39 pm
I would recommend audacity for recording your voice and OBS for recording gameplay. (Both are free).
I actually just use the Game Bar that came with my computer. It works pretty well. Don't have anything to record my voice with though.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

User avatar
Nigel Chinclucker
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Bean man wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm
Bumped because this is actually very relevant no matter what.

I think this should be pinned, I mean, I haven't seen many posts that do this and it would be much more convenient if people did add this feature.
People could just as easily find it on their level info when they first upload it. They just don't pay attention.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

User avatar
OJTheViking
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by OJTheViking » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:31 am

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Bean man wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm
Bumped because this is actually very relevant no matter what.

I think this should be pinned, I mean, I haven't seen many posts that do this and it would be much more convenient if people did add this feature.
People could just as easily find it on their level info when they first upload it. They just don't pay attention.
That's what my OP says, though. They only notice the level code when they upload a level, and fail to notice the sharing options, so they come to this forum and simply say "play my level, code 1234567". My point was/is that we should always offer a clickable link on this forum, So that we all take one another directly to each other's levels, instead of just posting the numbers in plain text. And it seems to me that Bean man is agreeing with me, that not enough people are posting direct links to their levels. So, unless I misunderstood something, I'm not really sure what your point is.
- OJTheViking


User avatar
memelord69
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:43 am

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by memelord69 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am

OJTheViking wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:31 am
Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Bean man wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm
Bumped because this is actually very relevant no matter what.

I think this should be pinned, I mean, I haven't seen many posts that do this and it would be much more convenient if people did add this feature.
People could just as easily find it on their level info when they first upload it. They just don't pay attention.
That's what my OP says, though. They only notice the level code when they upload a level, and fail to notice the sharing options, so they come to this forum and simply say "play my level, code 1234567". My point was/is that we should always offer a clickable link on this forum, So that we all take one another directly to each other's levels, instead of just posting the numbers in plain text. And it seems to me that Bean man is agreeing with me, that not enough people are posting direct links to their levels. So, unless I misunderstood something, I'm not really sure what your point is.
Yooo you came back to life
Assault on the Citadel 183101
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Final Transmission 2 155321
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465
Fighting Infernal Flames 272513
Disastrous Factory 281324

User avatar
rollerC
Site Admin
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by rollerC » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Pinning this because of how useful this information may be to people. Thanks, OJTheViking!
pee

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2547
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by Bean man » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:42 pm

:crab: :crab: :crab: This topic got pinned :crab: :crab: :crab:
Image

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

User avatar
OJTheViking
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by OJTheViking » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:46 am

memelord69 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am
Yooo you came back to life
Lol, I was never dead. I'm pretty busy these days. Will return and be more present soon.
- OJTheViking


User avatar
OJTheViking
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 am

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by OJTheViking » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:49 am

rollerC wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Pinning this because of how useful this information may be to people. Thanks, OJTheViking!
Very cool! It's my pleasure - thank you for pinning it!
- OJTheViking


User avatar
DSN001
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm
Location: Republic of Turkey
Contact:

Re: A quick tip for sharing levels

Post by DSN001 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello, this is my first message in this forum.
I have two questions,
first is how can username be changed, mine is good but I have written DWN instead of DLN.
and the second one is this, how can I learn my level ID? I prepared a level and I want to share it with you but I don't know its ID
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests