How to make effects of weakness

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
14Protoman

How to make effects of weakness

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 pm

For those who do not know or do not understand, I explain:
If we remember MM7 and MM8- & B, the bosses react to their weaknesses, causing them to retreat and that the recovery time is longer, so the fight lasts longer and we can enjoy it (unless we are speedrunners, which is not my case), In case you did not realize you, even if it does not match, in MMM you can do that, either because a boss is like that, because he is attacked with certain weapons or by some errors that are really worthwhile.

I do this thread to tell me some ideas of how it can be done and if possible, to put gifs or videos, I have a channel on YouTube that I use to put videos of parts of some series, but I will use it to upload some of those things, because there are no gifs, someone should teach me, but let's not lose the main purpose.

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: How to make effects of weakness

Post by 8JKN4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:07 am

why the fuck would you enjoy flinching
turnip

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:22 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:07 am
because the fight would be more challenging and would not last so short, in addition, it would be as close to Mega Man 7 as possible

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:37 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:22 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
because the fight would be more challenging and would not last so short, in addition, it would be as close to Mega Man 7 as possible
Spring man and electrity, sir.
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:12 pm

14Protoman wrote:
8JKN4 wrote:
Flinching makes fights easier, not more challenging. And, at least in my opinion, as a result of being so easy, the fight taking longer to complete doesn't make it more enjoyable, it just makes it overstay its welcome. After all, if a boss is so easy to beat, why does it take so long to beat?
turnip

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:12 pm
14Protoman wrote:
8JKN4 wrote:
Flinching makes fights easier, not more challenging. And, at least in my opinion, as a result of being so easy, the fight taking longer to complete doesn't make it more enjoyable, it just makes it overstay its welcome. After all, if a boss is so easy to beat, why does it take so long to beat?
Maybe instead of implementing weakness reactions, the shorter invincibility frames featured in Mega Man 9/10 could be made an option. With them, fighting a boss with no-charge buster-only would be less of a grind.
Also, we already have two bosses (Cut and Toad Man) who can be stunlocked easily.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Here I show some ways to do it, to GM you can return the weapon and paralyze it a second, TM can be stopped for longer, apart from that you can do a continuous damage, MM can be canceled the shield traversing it with a piercing weapon and HM can be slowed down to increase the failure rate in an impact, or even attack twice with melee weapons through .

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 am

Honestly, I can't see stuff like Boss Flinching to be any good. In MM7 it tended to reset the boss's AI in a very abusable manner, and 8 had most if not all of them completely shut the affected RM down. The animations may make the fight longer, sure, but it's a boring time extension rather than something of actual gameplay value.

Things like Spring Man's electro-magnetism can be used in multiboss sections as an interesting gimmick of sorts (screen wide magnet effect towards damage, for example), but in a vanilla solo fight all it does is prolong the battle for no reason. Someone also mentioned Toad Man as an example of flinch effects, since they pretty much break the AI in the same predictable / helpless way.

Stuff in your video, though... actually pretty valid if we ignore Toad Man being pathetic as usual. Weaknesses that actually consider the boss itself & exploit it in a way that doesn't pointlessly lengthen play / completely trivialize the boss for no reason are actually kind of nice, as seen in Magnet & Grenade's fight. They're still a threat, but you can avoid some of the more tedious or annoying parts of their battle.

So... yeah. Can't actually deconfirm it or anything, but please for the love of God don't let full-out flinches be a thing. :?
Knight needs caffeine badly.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:04 pm

V1ralGam3r wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 am
Honestly, I can't see stuff like Boss Flinching to be any good. In MM7 it tended to reset the boss's AI in a very abusable manner, and 8 had most if not all of them completely shut the affected RM down. The animations may make the fight longer, sure, but it's a boring time extension rather than something of actual gameplay value.

Things like Spring Man's electro-magnetism can be used in multiboss sections as an interesting gimmick of sorts (screen wide magnet effect towards damage, for example), but in a vanilla solo fight all it does is prolong the battle for no reason. Someone also mentioned Toad Man as an example of flinch effects, since they pretty much break the AI in the same predictable / helpless way.

Stuff in your video, though... actually pretty valid if we ignore Toad Man being pathetic as usual. Weaknesses that actually consider the boss itself & exploit it in a way that doesn't pointlessly lengthen play / completely trivialize the boss for no reason are actually kind of nice, as seen in Magnet & Grenade's fight. They're still a threat, but you can avoid some of the more tedious or annoying parts of their battle.

So... yeah. Can't actually deconfirm it or anything, but please for the love of God don't let full-out flinches be a thing. :?
The truth, after several days of thinking about it, I thought about the answer:
It turns out that even if the time is extended, the battle lasts a little longer, since a boss who does not back down easily falls down in less than 10 seconds and I look for a challenge, although some like Toad Man and Cut Man are really useless and canceled, others, you yourself have said, can be interrupted, in addition, with Sheep added man, we could also do the second case if I put a single weapon that reaches high.
I also encourage that when they add Thundra man they add the effect of making him fall with just hitting him with his weakness, without needing to reach half life, or only that he is like Cut man, but with defense.
I also hope that they add Bounce man, if the sharp weapons could disarm him, and not to mention Acid man, simply original to be able to break the barrier.Maybe bosses like them would be better chances.

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:04 pm
I also encourage that when they add Thundra man they add the effect of making him fall with just hitting him with his weakness, without needing to reach half life, or only that he is like Cut man, but with defense.
That kind of ignores my point - what does stuff like this actually add to the fight aside from time? Sure, if lengthens the fight a tiny bit, but it does absolutely nothing for challenge; Hell, it does the opposite since he can't attack while being tripped.

Length of fight does not equal difficulty of fight. It just wastes time while you cuck the boss you're fighting into Toad Man-esque uselessness. :?
Knight needs caffeine badly.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:26 pm

V1ralGam3r wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:04 pm
That kind of ignores my point - what does stuff like this actually add to the fight aside from time? Sure, if lengthens the fight a tiny bit, but it does absolutely nothing for challenge; Hell, it does the opposite since he can't attack while being tripped.

Length of fight does not equal difficulty of fight. It just wastes time while you cuck the boss you're fighting into Toad Man-esque uselessness. :?
I know, it's just an extra effect that I like. Equally, another point would be that the time of invincibility of a boss will have to be briefly longer, currently, it is for not briefly exaggerating longer than that of Mega Man 9 and 10, currently it is very short, at least put an option of that time.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Separate fact, in my channel I already published 9 videos of the weaknesses of the minor enemies, so they know that some enemies react differently to the same weapon.