Looking for feedback / suggestions for Mega Man Powered Down v.1.3

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Lozof
Discord: Lozof Wrily#1785

Looking for feedback / suggestions for Mega Man Powered Down v.1.3

Post by Lozof » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Looking for feedback / suggestions to make V1.3 worthy of being a "definitive version"
It's been almost a year since I released Mega Man Powered Down. Since then I have gathered back some energy and the interest to make this series more or less definitive - I would only revisit it if there ever is more MM1 or even Powered Up content in MMM. To make this version as good as it can be I am asking you for some stuff that could be improved on or added. If you don't feel like you have anything to say, here's some questions you could answer instead:
  • Should I wait for V1.7? It is uncertain when it will be released and if there is any content that I could use. If not, the latest date I would release it would be October 11th 2020 - the one year anniversary - though at the moment I plan to wrap it up within this month.
  • Weapon Select Rooms? I didn't really like the idea back then because in most other packs it takes a lot of time to get all the weapons, but I think I've got a good design here for Cut Man (see picture). I'm still deciding on wether to add a Weapon Select Room for the Wily Stages since the Magnet Beam would be the only optional "weapon".
  • Of course I'd have to reupload all stages since most of them have changed. Since many people would rather stumble upon the old stages, I was wondering if I should upload them on a new account instead.

Besides of adding some minor tweaks, there will also be a bit of additionally music. The biggest update in that regard would be Construction, the editor theme from Powered Up.

### Changelog ###
V.1.3 (WIP): Polishing all stages, a bit more extra music
V.1.2: Closed of a screen transistion in Cut Man's stage you should not be able to pass through.
V.1.1: In Wily 3 you could actually "lose" keys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg1LnYx0v04). As a result I uploaded a slightly changed version where this issue shouldn't occur anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hZEP-G5R0

This a series of Mega Man Powered Up levels remade in Mega Man Maker including the 13 regular stages plus 3 challenge level compilations and a fully remade soundtrack for all levels and menus. It might recieve one minor update someday.

Download the music and some extra files (like the select screens) here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... w2y1mOC2y2

For each stage you can choose between Mega Man, who has access to all special weapons, and Proto Man, who can slide, is limited to his powerful Proto Strike and takes double damage.

A showcase for all levels can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QveWGlFcbj

The custom demake of the Powered Up soundtrack for this series can be listened to here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... qpdGUgD61b

The ID's are:

(Play the Intro Stage displayed in the center first, then it's up to you!)

(Can you find Wily's secret room in each fortress stage?)

Challenges
Jump for Joy [355207]
Time Slow [355209]
Oil Slider [355210]
Last edited by Lozof on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:26 am, edited 18 times in total.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

8-bit music: Lozof Music

Playing Your Mega Man Maker levels: Doctor Wrily

Lozof

Re: Powered Down Project - Onwards to Wily Castle!

Post by Lozof » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Update
Wily 1: First Wily stage, Wily 1 and Wily boss music available
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Powered Down Project - Into Wily's sewers!

Post by Lozof » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:06 pm

Update 2
Wily 2 is now finished. Much more important, however, is the logo I made for this project.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Powered Down Project - Everyone likes boss rushes!

Post by Lozof » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Update 3
Wily 3 is ready to be boss-rushed. And the second Wily Stage theme is also ready, obviously.
Also I finally updated Time Man, which I totally forgot to give a character select screen. I also replaced the one E-tank in his stage. I hope he will recover from his loss of 65 plays and +11 score.
Last edited by Lozof on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Powered Down Project - Defeat Wily ... and wait for more!

Post by Lozof » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Update 4
Wily 4 and his Wily Machine theme is ready, but there is still more content to come... Stick to "Doctor Wrily" and "Lozof Music" on Youtube to see the final updates before the full release!
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Mega Man Powered Down - Final days until release!

Post by Lozof » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Update 5

Even the Powered Up songs are getting new versions; you can already listen to the Intro Stage.
And three more stages are in their testing phase, which will be revealed during these final days.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Mega Man Powered Down - Final days until release!

Post by Lozof » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Update 6

Introducing recreations of the Challenge stages! Play some of Mega Man's, Time Man's and ????????? challenges packed into one level each!
Only 23 hours to go!
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Mega Man Powered Down - Release of a music and level pack

Post by Lozof » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Release of 1.0

After a slight marathon at the end I am proud to present the full version of "Mega Man Powered Down", a demake of Mega man Powered Up within Mega Man Maker. I hope you enjoy!
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Mega Man Powered Down v.1.1 - BUGFIX

Post by Lozof » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Release of V.1.1

Fixed a bug in Wily 3 that I wasn't told about until just recently. Level was replaced and the IDs are changed in the new folder.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Mega Man Powered Down v.1.3 - Definitive version

Post by Lozof » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:03 pm

It's been half a year, since I released a complete set of stages with some extra music. Since then MMM has been updated to V.1.6, which allows me to include two things I couldn't replace that well before: Accurate Time Man tiles (which should definitly look better than the Cut Man tiles I went for) and - since I don't want to spoil it - something specific for the music. I was also thinking e.g. about the credits song, but since Powered Up's version is very similar to its original counterpart, I think there won't be much of anything else.

Of course there could be a lot of other stuff that could be enhanced or added, but most of it would be merely more accurate enemies, weapons, objects and bosses - most of them not yet implemented in MMM. I might come back to it when there are much more concepts to be added and no fangame managed to replace it yet. But as it is now: Since I neither know when and how much stuff will be added and I don't really want to make a multitude of minor updates, "Mega Man Powered Down" will be finished with this update.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image

Lozof

Re: Looking for feedback / suggestions for Mega Man Powered Down v.1.3

Post by Lozof » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 am

Looking for feedback / suggestions to make V1.3 worthy of being a "definitive version"
It's been almost a year since I released Mega Man Powered Down. Since then I have gathered back some energy and the interest to make this series more or less definitive - I would only revisit it if there ever is more MM1 or even Powered Up content in MMM. To make this version as good as it can be I am asking you for some stuff that could be improved on or added. If you don't feel like you have anything to say, here's some questions you could answer instead:
  • Should I wait for V1.7? It is uncertain when it will be released and if there is any content that I could use. If not, the latest date I would release it would be October 2nd 2020 - the one year anniversary - though at the moment I plan to wrap it up within this month.
  • Weapon Select Rooms? I didn't really like the idea back then because in most other packs it takes a lot of time to get all the weapons, but I think I've got a good design here for Cut Man (see picture). I'm still deciding on wether to add a Weapon Select Room for the Wily Stages since the Magnet Beam would be the only optional "weapon".
  • Of course I'd have to reupload all stages since most of them have changed. Since many people would rather stumble upon the old stages, I was wondering if I should upload them on a new account instead.

Besides of adding some minor tweaks, there will also be a bit of additionally music. The biggest update in that regard would be Construction, the editor theme from Powered Up.
Got some consoles!
Image Image Image