1.6 is taking a while, huh?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
User avatar
MegaJosh67
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am

1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by MegaJosh67 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Maybe it's gonna be bigger than originally planned? Maybe they are just working on the big new feature right now? (Fingers crossed it's the almighty music changer) Maybe it's coming out in a few days?
"Hope she made us lots of spaghetti!"

MrDocrobot
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by MrDocrobot » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:19 pm

We can't say for sure, but they just aren't ready to release the update yet. There's nothing we can do then just be patient.

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:39 am

WreckingPrograms wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:10 pm

As a side note, to be able to release this update within a reasonable time frame.

Image
It's a bit ironic, given that WP said you were looking for a reasonable timeframe, but it seems that there was a problem, the truth is that I only care that he place a new ad.

User avatar
BenPlusMM
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Location: Stuck At Doom's Gate
Discord: Ben™ #6759
Contact:

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by BenPlusMM » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:44 am

Maybe they're delaying it so that it can coincide with Terraria Journey's End releasing.
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
Image
Currently a Level 100 Pun Warrior!
XP to level up: largenumber.doc

User avatar
D-Man
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by D-Man » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:08 am

At the time of this post, it has been 3 weeks and 3 days since the last announcement.

They might be preparing something larger than a new enemy/object (hopefully a MM11 weapon/boss), but this is just me speculating.

Also remember that MM11 assets have to be remade from scratch due to not being an 8-bit title originally.
He's Here.

I made edits to the Top Spin analysis because I thought it was unsatisfactory.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8682

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:23 am

14Protoman wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:39 am
It's a bit ironic, given that WP said you were looking for a reasonable timeframe, but it seems that there was a problem, the truth is that I only care that he place a new ad.
This has me worried too :( It's been over three weeks since the last announcement, and I hope they haven't run into any problems like with 1.5
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
D-Man
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by D-Man » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:31 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:23 am
This has me worried too :( It's been over three weeks since the last announcement, and I hope they haven't run into any problems like with 1.5
If something bad happened to one of the devs, they probably would have let us know.
He's Here.

I made edits to the Top Spin analysis because I thought it was unsatisfactory.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8682

Shadow444
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:30 pm
Location: Russia / Россия

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Shadow444 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 am

I think that 1.6 can go either 2 or 4 October, in honor of the release of Megaman 11, as will be exactly a year since its release. After all, in 1.6 add content from 11, it is quite logical to release update in one of these two dates.

User avatar
Neo Cutman
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Neo Cutman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 am

It's true that WP had said 1.6 would be released in reasonable time, so probably development plans have changed.

Shadow444 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 am
I think that 1.6 can go either 2 or 4 October, in honor of the release of Megaman 11, as will be exactly a year since its release. After all, in 1.6 add content from 11, it is quite logical to release update in one of these two dates.
I agree. That makes a lot of sense

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 am
It's true that WP had said 1.6 would be released in reasonable time, so probably development plans have changed.
Shadow444 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 am
I think that 1.6 can go either 2 or 4 October, in honor of the release of Megaman 11, as will be exactly a year since its release. After all, in 1.6 add content from 11, it is quite logical to release update in one of these two dates.
I agree. That makes a lot of sense
Spot on. This makes alot of sense considering they also give special updates on the anniversary of Mega Man Maker. Would be very poetic to make a big reveal of MM11 content on MM11's release anniversary.

We've seen multiple new MM10 weapons showcased, but no new MM11 weapons... with the lack of news updates on the subject I can't help but feel they've got something special planned.
Image

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 pm

I hope so, I just hope they publish a new ad, I'm bored of the game

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:24 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 pm
I hope so, I just hope they publish a new ad, I'm bored of the game
I'm certainly not bored, but I am anxious to see more news updates on the progress. They are a highlight of my day and I get a kick out of seeing them. :D

If they decide to continue working on MMM after the 1.6 update, I hope they consider implementing an incremental update system to ease the anxiety of waiting for the next update. These guys have me hooked, and like an addict I'm just clamoring for more. :P
WreckingPrograms wrote:..to be able to release this update within a reasonable time frame.
A year of development in-between major updates could be a reasonable timeframe, if there was a steady "trickle" of smaller incremental patch updates throughout the year.

To differentiate..

Major updates consisting of New bosses, multiple new tilesets, gimmicks and major code overhauls/additions. The usual.

Incremental updates consisting of small content updates...maybe a new weapon or two, a handful of new enemies and/or 1 new tileset. Any small combination of things that could be added to the existing code base in a bite-sized update. Incremental updates could be between every 2 to 3 months or so?

User avatar
Neo Cutman
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:24 pm


I'm certainly not bored, but I am anxious to see more news updates on the progress. They are a highlight of my day and I get a kick out of seeing them. :D


I'm not bored either, but I'm about 13 levels unfinished, a part I decided to delay hoping we would have the music changer because it would be essential for them, and I have other levels that I haven't posted yet because I'm expecting the new content from 1.6 that I figured it would be release in July.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 pm

What I look forward to the most are the music changer, the new bosses and the new weapons, all for the same aesthetic/theming reasons.

When it comes to bosses, I'm looking forward to more variety in their elements. I would hate it if the dev team keeps adding those boring bomb-themed Robot Masters again and again (to the point I suspect bomb bosses to be WreckingPrograms's favorites). Worst-case scenario for me is if the three bosses accompanying Sheep Man turn out to be Commando Man, Blast Man and Block Man. At least mix it up by adding some of those hybrid Water/Bomb bosses since there's a decent number of them! (Dive Man, Burst Man, Pirate Man)

As for weapons, I'm hoping for more water, ice and electric-based ones. Thunder Wool was a step in the right direction, but still these three elements are the ones that have the least amount of weapons, especially water.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Neo Cutman
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:46 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 pm
What I look forward to the most are the music changer, the new bosses and the new weapons, all for the same aesthetic/theming reasons.

When it comes to bosses, I'm looking forward to more variety in their elements. I would hate it if the dev team keeps adding those boring bomb-themed Robot Masters again and again (to the point I suspect bomb bosses to be WreckingPrograms's favorites). Worst-case scenario for me is if the three bosses accompanying Sheep Man turn out to be Commando Man, Blast Man and Block Man. At least mix it up by adding some of those hybrid Water/Bomb bosses since there's a decent number of them! (Dive Man, Burst Man, Pirate Man)

As for weapons, I'm hoping for more water, ice and electric-based ones. Thunder Wool was a step in the right direction, but still these three elements are the ones that have the least amount of weapons, especially water.
I also think we already have enough bomb and earth themed Robot Masters for now.
I think we have a lack of water, fire and ice RM and I'm glad we have a new electric robot master .
I think it is very likely to be added Torch man and Tundra man that would not be difficult to adapt from the original to MMM. But I really would like them to add Bounce man and Acid Man.

User avatar
Blast Man
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Discord: Play Dash#9888
Contact:

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Blast Man » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 pm
Worst-case scenario for me is if the three bosses accompanying Sheep Man turn out to be Commando Man, Blast Man and Block Man.
.
.
.
Gamer/Pixel Artist a.k.a Play Dash (yes, that's 12 year-old me's account here before i done a dumb thing) | Twitch: Play_Dash | They Added Blast Man!!!

Mega Man Maker X mod thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8816

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Blast Man wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 pm
Worst-case scenario for me is if the three bosses accompanying Sheep Man turn out to be Commando Man, Blast Man and Block Man.
.
.
.
*groan* Okay, SORRY! >_< But look, we have so many cut, earth and bomb Robot Masters and almost no choices for themed levels like fire, water, ice or forest. That's why I'd rather have Torch Man or Tundra Man instead of you, no offense. Pure bomb-types have the same problem as pure cut-types, in that they're best fit for those neutral-element metal levels, the most normal type of Mega Man level out there.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

MrDocrobot
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by MrDocrobot » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:05 pm

I personally want Ether Chill Man for a great Ice Robot Master fight or Solar Man for an even better fire robot master from Mega Man 10. For Mega Man 11 I would like to see ether Torch Man, Tundra Man, or Acid Man. Those are the most interesting fights to me, to be perfectly honest. We'll just have to see what the devs go with.

Objectionable
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 am
Location: No
Discord: Objectionable#0001

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by Objectionable » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Fire Man for 1.6

User avatar
D-Man
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: 1.6 is taking a while, huh?

Post by D-Man » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:05 am

MM10 Wily 1 Water for 1.6
He's Here.

I made edits to the Top Spin analysis because I thought it was unsatisfactory.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8682

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests