About MM7 and 8 styles...

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Timothy45

About MM7 and 8 styles...

Post by Timothy45 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Hey everybody I'm new here and hope to get along well with the community.

My question here is if the developers of MMM actually would ever try to make styles based on the gameplay of MM7 and 8. I know 11 is out of the question since its brand spanking new compared to the older entries which had years of study to recreate and they were all from NES or in 8 bit form. The thought occured to me since Mario Maker had styles so i thought if Mega Man maker could get some more fun out with this.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Re: About MM7 and 8 styles...

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Timothy45 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:25 pm
Hey everybody I'm new here and hope to get along well with the community.

My question here is if the developers of MMM actually would ever try to make styles based on the gameplay of MM7 and 8. I know 11 is out of the question since its brand spanking new compared to the older entries which had years of study to recreate and they were all from NES or in 8 bit form. The thought occured to me since Mario Maker had styles so i thought if Mega Man maker could get some more fun out with this.
That is in the deconfirmed features list. Unlike Super Mario Maker and its sequel, it wouldn't have an actual purpose, as it doesn't change the gameplay. It also is extremely demanding for both spriters and musicians, since most of them are specialized in 8-bit styles and even if we overlook that, it would demand them to redo all the features for those styles. It would be impractical and taxing to do the different styles.

Deconfirmed features
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

02gn
Discord: *02gn*#5656

Post by 02gn » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Big NO. End of talk
Must.

Think.

About.

Ideas for new leveeels.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:52 pm

The reason why game style changes work in a game like Super Mario Maker 2, is that all games involved use the same size scale for visual assets, and their game mechanics are all very similar.

By comparison, I doubt MM7's and MM8's visual assets size scale correctly with those of the NES entries. MM7 and MM8 are also likely have their own unique game engine quirks that aren't directly translatable.

And even even if they could somehow get style changes to work, there is then the unrealistic task of recreating every single asset in ALL OF MEGA MAN MAKER to fit with every potential style variant, which would probably take forever.

Yea, probably isn't going to happen. Best to keep all things consistent to the 8-bit style Mega Man is most known for.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:22 pm

It reminds me of Super Mario Bros Crossover version 3.1.21 - where there was also a choice of style. And there you can play as Megaman / Protoman and Bass and see how it looks like a change of style from 8 bits to 16 bits, and without changing the gameplay itself.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:04 am

I know that the OP didn't post this question on bad faith, but I decided to lock this thread due to its potential to generate expectations that are most likely not happening. I already explained why multiple styles are unlikely at best and why Wrecking listed them as deconfirmed.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.