Ferris Wheel Madness [384161]

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Lunar Chris
Discord: Lunar Chris #9442

Ferris Wheel Madness [384161]

Post by Lunar Chris » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:46 pm

Level Code: 384161
Quick Play Link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=384161

The stage features a challenge of navigating an entire carnival of Ferris Wheels and also stars Proto Man as the playable character, complete with the Scramble Thunder, Pile Driver, Water Shield, and Wheel Cutter.

Tyler-bot

Re: Ferris Wheel Madness [384161]

Post by Tyler-bot » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:46 pm

- Alright, to be honest this stage has some good ideas and some genuinely interesting set-ups/layouts.... they just need some tweaking is all. First, I feel some of your wheels could have a few more platforms since I kinda felt I was waiting a lot on them for the correct time to move on. Also, there were a few instances where I was fighting a Mummy-dude and when dodging backwards from an attack (I wasn't attempting a shield-reflect) he went off-screen and got all his health back. When making combat on joined screens it can be extremely difficult to space enemies to where a player won't de/respawn them largely because it's hard to anticipate how every player is going to tackle something. For instance, I could have stayed in place and did a short jump to deflect the Mummy-dudes projectile, but in the heat of the moment I jumped high and circled back.... which despawned the enemy.... just by going left that tiny bit :lol: ! I know how much of a pain this can be! Anyhoot, Some of your aesthetic choices were a little weird IMO but that's just me.

If you want me to help out with this just drop me a PM or something.

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:52 pm

Seems a lot of fun so far!
I think I got about half way, but I've gotta run for now.
Just wanted to give some first impressions:

Love the choice of art assets - the tiles and backgrounds work well with the music, and give the level a playful feeling.
A lot of the enemies you chose are fun and interesting as well - I don't usually see the ball-throwing enemy used often.
One problem I did run into was a vertical section that has a wall of yoku blocks at the top.
The timing was funky for me, and I couldn't figure a good way to get past it the first time.
I ended up dying at some point, and the next time it worked out so I could jump through.
I might be able to use the saw to climb up and wait out the blocks' timer, but I've never actually tried to scale yoku blocks before, so I'll have to try that next time.
I intend to come back to this one to finish the level and leave more feedback, but that's what I've got for now.
If you don't hear back from me by tomorrow afternoon, shoot me a private message as a reminder. :lol:

GamerFromTheWeb
Discord: GamerFromTheWeb#9001

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:04 am

I've played through the stage and I'm going, to be honest in saying that this level has a lot of glaring issues, however, it's still fairly decently put together stage and isn't bad by any means.

I think that the level's gimmicks were fairly underutilized outside of the rotating platforms, as the Yoku Blocks don't have that much of a use besides blocking the player's path which in my opinion, is a pretty poor level design choice considering that there's already a lot of waiting when it comes to syncing up the rotating platforms. A lot of sections were also pretty similar and there wasn't a lot of variation used with the rotating platforms. Instead, the jumps are tighter which is a step in the right direction, but there's a lot more to level design than just making the jumps harder, and there's already some great tutorials on this forum that can help you in that department.

Anyway, another critique with the level I have is the difficulty, or rather, lack thereof until the final few screens where there are tighter jumps and combinations of enemies and gimmicks. The difficulty curve is barely noticeable, and I believe there are like what, 3-4 E Tanks in the level? In my opinion, that's just ridiculous considering most of the deaths come from insta-kill deaths rather than extended enemy interactions and boss fights. Some E-Tanks make the player go through easier paths for a much higher reward.

And my last comment is about aesthetics, visually the level to me seems very generic and could use a lot of improvements with much richer colors and more consistent backgrounds. Maybe use a bit more purple as when you used a purple background, compared to the other red and green backgrounds it just looked a lot better in my opinion. Here are some suggested improvements that I've come up with, feel free to use these if you want.

like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

im back baby

memelord69

Post by memelord69 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:19 pm

The level is alright for an introduction level, which seems like an issue since you mentioned in the thread it was supposed to be challenges. The pacing is off imo, with the section after the first checkpoint being much longer than before.
My main issue was the combination of yoku blocks with the wheels. It was just a ton of waiting. We needed to wait for the wheel platforms to line up with the yoku blocks to line up with the monsters attack cycle. I skipped most of it with the wall climbing weapon and the pile driver. Unfortunately, I think that summarizes your level: easy combat, followed by skipped gimmick sections.

It's okay for a beginner level, and if you clean it up and get rid of some of the waiting, it could definitely be rewarding for a player that's trying out mobility weapons
Assault on the Ziggurat 438537
Triple Weapon Troubles 396416
Assault on the Citadel 391765
Disastrous Factory 391968
Fighting Infernal Flames 392650
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 438545
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465