ROCK SOLID ACID

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
aosmic

ROCK SOLID ACID

Post by aosmic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 am

A acid filled fortress full of enemies and hazards remember the cement shot is your best bet to clearing the platforms.

Type: Traditional.

Screen: 35

Difficulty: Easy-medium.

Characters: Mega Man.

https://megamanmaker.com/?level=389232

RadRobot

Re: ROCK SOLID ACID

Post by RadRobot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:10 am

Didn't play far enough to give you an actual review, for one big reason. Weapon energy.

You have to use concrete shot a lot in the start, and it became hard when I ran out of weapon energy after a few deaths. Make sure, in weapon-oriented levels, to keep a good supply (infinite is good) of weapon energy at the start and at checkpoints.

If I ran out of energy, I had to retry from the beginning to regain it all, and I felt that, as the player, I shouldn't have to retry to make the level possible.
Stay Radical! :lol:

Latest Levels: :)
- Electrode Factory -
- Commado Remix -
- Cutting Ice -
- Electro Disco -

aosmic

Post by aosmic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am

so in essence you are saying fun factor should always out weigh challenge? because i could re-upload with more energy pick ups.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:58 pm

aosmic wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am
so in essence you are saying fun factor should always out weigh challenge? because i could re-upload with more energy pick ups.
- Yes. But you see you are missing the point, dude. The fun experience you tried to create was 'in' the platforming/combat challenges... not ammo conservation. This isn't survival-horror, it's Megaman. The player wants to tackle the challenges set before them and you saying: "Better do right and quickly! Because once you run out of ammo, it's over, ha, ha, ha!" That's not what the experience of Megaman is about. The challenge/fun comes 'from' the obstacles you put before them... not arbitrary roadblocks such as running out of ammo for the weapon you 'need' to get further through so the player basically has limited tries. ALWAYS put energy refillers in levels where a weapon is required. Having the player forced to farm for energy is also a big no-no. Drags the pace of the level WAY down. Just add weapon-energy spawners, :lol: ! I'll try this level when you add them.

aosmic

Post by aosmic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:09 pm

Lol I understand... Will up load alt lvl asap.

aosmic

new and easyer

Post by aosmic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

memelord69

Post by memelord69 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:26 pm

I actually like this level tbh. It's a shame the other guy quit early, because the elevator section was really neat.

The two problems are the energy as the other guy mentioned, and the boss fight.
That boss fight is a disaster, and you know it. That's why you added health pickups for yourself at the top lol. Try a new boss idea altogether, this one was just a matter of damage boosting and hoping for good RNG

To tackle the issue with energy, I think you should just make the Cement weapon your primary weapon. It's obviously the gimmick of the level. Toss the mega buster and give us infinite Cement weapons, and it'll fix the energy issue while adding a new challenge in that the player needs to choose weapons intelligently to proceed

But otherwise, I actually liked the level as a weapon challenge type thing
Assault on the Citadel 391751
Disastrous Factory 391968
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465
Fighting Infernal Flames 272513

aosmic

Post by aosmic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 pm

The newest version of rock solid acid

https://megamanmaker.com/?level=389321

Filibuster22

Post by Filibuster22 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Nor sure why you aren't posting screenshots, but you can use https://imgur.com/ to upload them. No login required and is fast and simple to do.

I played through the original level. This one was miles better than the other one I played from you. Immersive and fun for the most part.

I enjoyed quite a lot the first segment. Well themed and fun platforming. Although I agree that having refills at the start is always recommendable, specially when sub-weapons are required, I had no issues with weapon management and you can slide jump half of the gaps. The second segment felt like a copy an paste filler in comparison, with only the jump from the elevator at the end being the fun and challenging part. The boss was a little clunkly to fight Buster-only but worked fine.

My suggestion would be to either shrink or make more varied the elevator section and have a last stretch where you get to use the concrete gimmick again in a slightly harder setting. Big thumbs up for this one though.

aosmic

Post by aosmic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:34 am

Thank you will take your thoughts and do my best to apply them. Thank you for spending the time to play and will start uploading screen shots as well.