More things need to break Chill Blocks

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
RushJet-Adapter

More things need to break Chill Blocks

Post by RushJet-Adapter » Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 pm

I was making a Level with Chill Blocks as the Main Gimmick, and while making that Level I noticed something, not too many enemies interacted with the Blocks. As a Recap Chill Blocks are Blocks that break when a Player Shoots or Jumps on them and it turns out some Enemies, Stage Gimmicks and Bosses interacted with them too, so after some testing with Gimmicks, Bosses and Enemies I found a total of 32 things that interacted with the Chill Blocks (counting Spawners but not counting Special Weapons, Buster Shots and Jumping,) of course you can correct me if I'm wrong but this seems this is all of them:
  • Hot Dog's fire breath
  • HotHead's fire tackles
  • Sola O's beam
  • Fire Mets (and Fire Met Spawners)
  • Fire Tackles
  • Mash Burner Explosions
  • Mash Burner's Flame
  • Fire Stone's Fire
  • Fire Totem's Fire
  • Flame Man's attacks
  • Bomb Man's Bombs
  • Big Eyes
  • Power Musclers
  • Walking Bomb Explosions
  • Crunch Don's Hammer attack
  • Gyoraibo's Missles
  • Magma Beams
  • Punch Blocks
  • Fire Beam
  • Fire Pillars
  • Presses
  • Fire Walls
  • Astro Gates
  • Rolling Drill (and Rolling Drill Spawners)
  • Time Bomb Explosions
  • Jet Platform Explosions
  • Stone Man
  • Concrete Man
  • Hard Man
And even though that's a long list, it's still rather short too me, I still think there should be more Enemies, Gimmicks and Bosses that should interact with these Chill Blocks, which to me would make Chill Blocks a bit more interesting. Of course you can argue with some of my chooses, and add your own suggestions on Enemies, Gimmicks and even Bosses that should interact with the Chill Blocks.
List:
  • Grenade Man's Arsenal
  • Napalm Man's Arsenal
  • Crash Man's Crash Bombs
  • Blast Man's Powered Gear Bombs
  • Merserker
  • Bomb/Rock Thrown
  • Pooker Explosions
  • Big Telly's Stream of Bombs
  • Koukers
  • SRU-21
  • Kakinbatank's Shield Drop
  • TNT explosions
  • Lift Platforms
  • Teckyun
  • Moving Elavators
I believe at least most of these should at least break the Ice.
Last edited by RushJet-Adapter on Mon May 25, 2020 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
'Ello I'm RushJet-Adapter, also known as Jet-Adapter in MegaMaker.

Casual Builder

Re: More things need to break Chill Blocks

Post by Casual Builder » Mon May 25, 2020 1:25 am

Holy Guacamole... that's quite a long list to consider.

Such attention to detail is always welcome... however, Chill Blocks were implemented as they were working in their original Mega Man title (Mega Man 10). I personally can't argue with the list of additional block-breaking factors you've provided... it's a very thoughtful list. But know this: version 1.7 may add even more Enemies/Gimmicks/Bosses/etc. that potentially could interact with Chill Blocks.
Meet Casual Builder - a casual Mega Man fan and accomplished level builder.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon May 25, 2020 4:19 am

Mash Burner's flame already destroys Ice Blocks
Crossing a dangerous river

RushJet-Adapter

Post by RushJet-Adapter » Mon May 25, 2020 4:37 am

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:19 am
Mash Burner's flame already destroys Ice Blocks
Your are correct (and thank you for correcting me,) but for some reason it only gets destroyed when the Chill Blocks are directly under them (and after some more research Chill blocks still works if it's 2 tiles higher,) if the chill block is one tile higher it works the same as every other tile, blocking the flame. When I was testing I put the Chill block a tile higher over the Mash Burner and didn't notice it, so I put Mash Burner's flame on the "Doesn't affect Ice Blocks for some reason list" and didn't notice that I placed the Chill Block "incorrectly," That's a mistake on my part, but it's a strange observation that the chill blocks works the same as any normal tile if it's just one tile higher over the Mash Burner..

(Edited the List to be slightly more Accurate)
Last edited by RushJet-Adapter on Mon May 25, 2020 9:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

RushJet-Adapter

Post by RushJet-Adapter » Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 am

Casual Builder wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:25 am
Holy Guacamole... that's quite a long list to consider.

Such attention to detail is always welcome... however, Chill Blocks were implemented as they were working in their original Mega Man title (Mega Man 10). I personally can't argue with the list of additional block-breaking factors you've provided... it's a very thoughtful list. But know this: version 1.7 may add even more Enemies/Gimmicks/Bosses/etc. that potentially could interact with Chill Blocks.
Yeah I like testing stuff, so I basically tested everything that I think should have worked on the Chill Blocks and turns out most of them worked. And yeah I do agree that we might get more Enemies, Gimmicks, Bosses, etc, maybe we can get more Big Eye-esque Enemies for that.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed May 27, 2020 1:56 am

RushJet-Adapter wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 pm
  • Fire Pillars
As far as I'm aware, outside text editing, there shouldn't be any instance where Flame Pillar's flames overlap an Ice Block, as it isn't normally possible to place an Ice Block in the path of the vertically ascending flames.

Edit 1:
Huh, the fully extended pillars do break ice blocks directly above them, despite neither overlapping each other, that is something I never noticed. Will need to verify if this is documented on the wiki.

Edit 2:
The Flame Pillar interaction wasn't listed on the wiki, so I have added it to the interaction listing for Ice Block.