my wishlist for `1.7

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
dark storm

my wishlist for `1.7

Post by dark storm » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:52 pm

this is my wishlist for mega man maker 1.7,tho i don't expect that what i want to be included in the next version,but at least i have my wishes for it,so:
1)mini-bosses:Giant-fish mini boss from bubble man stage,Giant snake from snake man stage(that could be impossible but i hope for it).
2)weapons:napalm bomb,yamato spear,super arm,gyro attack,junk shield,thunder bolt,scorch wheel,slash claw,freeze cracker.
3)gimmicks:boat jet gimmick from wave man stage(that could be impossible,but i'll be happy if it does make it),gravity flipping gimmick from gravity man stage,spinning platforms from top man stage.
4)more than one background in one screen function(i hope for this one,since you could customize your level very well)
5)robot masters:gravity man,wave man,drill man,strike man(i hope for this one,i REALLY wish this robot to be included),freeze man,hornet man,needle man,centaur man,Air man(at least three of these robot masters).
Anyway, i don't mean that i want all of these things,but i hope at least two of these things will be in the next version.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: my wishlist for `1.7

Post by Royalguard » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 pm

dark storm wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:52 pm
gravity flipping gimmick from gravity man stage
dark storm wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:52 pm
gravity man
Sorry, but according to the Deconfirmed Features listing, the ability to reverse gravity isn't something isn't a priority of the developers. This might lead to problems trying to add Gravity Man to the game, if the ability to flip gravity doesn't exist.

dark storm

Post by dark storm » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:22 am

okay then,as i said before: that could be impossible to add the gravity flipping and gravity man yet i was hoping for it,anyway nevermind,but what about wave man's boat gimmick? or the terrain switch from drill man stage,or the robot masters i mentioned above?

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:14 pm

dark storm wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:22 am
okay then,as i said before: that could be impossible to add the gravity flipping and gravity man yet i was hoping for it,anyway nevermind,but what about wave man's boat gimmick? or the terrain switch from drill man stage,or the robot masters i mentioned above?
I could see the Drill Man's switchable terrain. I got an idea to suggest it.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 pm

dark storm wrote:
okay then,as i said before: that could be impossible to add the gravity flipping and gravity man yet i was hoping for it,anyway nevermind...
The gravity mechanic is a simple one: If reverse gravity = true, whatever gravity variable is now negative, the sprites of all affected entities are flipped along the x-axis as are the spots where projectiles come out on them and the hitboxes. The problem is that that last part may have to be done manually, and if the projectile in question flies in an arc, its trajectory will likely have to be reversed manually as well. Anything that moves up or down would need it's values reversed as well, and that would likely need to be done manually too. Some enemies may have to be done manually as well since they aren't affected by gravity at all, but would likely still be affected by this mechanic.

There are about 134 enemies that would need to be modified by this mechanic in some way, not counting the enemies coming in the next update. It's also not counting any level objects, the player characters, or the Robot Masters. This also doesn't take into account the weirdness of certain enemies. The B-Biter, for example, is affected by gravity, but it's also visually attached to the floor, so it would probably need some sort of special rule in place for it. With the potential hundreds of objects that would need to be addressed to work with this mechanic, it's just unmanageable, and the problem gets bigger with every major patch.

If it just affected the player, Gravity Man, and the two enemies it effects in Gravity Man's stage, then it would be perfectly fine, but it would also be super limiting and wouldn't make too much sense. That's why they won't add the mechanic, and probably won't add Gravity Man himself, as while you could just have him do his thing without reversing gravity for other objects, it would be a pretty big change to the fight that would probably just make people want the mechanic more.
dark storm wrote:
...but what about wave man's boat gimmick? or the terrain switch from drill man stage,or the robot masters i mentioned above?
The jet ski thing is perfectly fine. It doesn't really do anything that hasn't been done before, though you would have to find away to allow the player to get out of the jet ski whenever they wish (or just when it's needed) since in the original game, this is scripted.

The Terrain Switch would likely allow you to take a specific platform, and remove collision from it and make it translucent. When the switch is pressed, this effect is reversed. I think it's perfectly feasible.

As for the Robot Masters, there are a few that may require a workaround or two, and Hornet Man in particular might not be too great for traditional boss fights, but I do think they are all at least feasible.