In game stopwatch

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

In game stopwatch

Post by supersmashgaming » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Kind of self explanatory. You can find the stop watch in the extra menu. Pretty much its a stopwatch for level seeing how fast you can beat them. The'll continue counting even if you die, they will not continue if you do restart the stage from the beginning. Once you beat the level the game will save your time.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Wily's Underground Factory ID: 279264
Shade Man Waterfall ID: 280308
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709

New Discord Server

Gravitrax64

Re: In game stopwatch

Post by Gravitrax64 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Interesting
I am the leader of G-FORCE. If you wish to join please pm me or any other G-FORCE official.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 pm

If such a time attack feature was to ever be implemented, it should probably save level times locally, not sure if the server could carry the strain of holding time attack records for levels for such a large userbase.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 am

Seems cool ;)
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 268168
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
I'm bored. Request me a pixel art or something...

decitronal

Post by decitronal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:57 am

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 pm
If such a time attack feature was to ever be implemented, it should probably save level times locally, not sure if the server could carry the strain of holding time attack records for levels for such a large userbase.
maybe each level can only store the top 10 records?

DoctorLumen

Post by DoctorLumen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:52 pm

A built-in timer would be great to have for races.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm

This is a great idea that suggests a lot to me, please forgive me for enumerating them here:

After-Stage Stats - I would love if what the OP suggests was information displayed after clearing a stage, along with the number of deaths, and maybe things like a stage completion percentage based on certain conditions.

In-game Start/Stop Triggers - These triggers would be tied to a time display. They could be set to count up or count down, and the triggers could be tied to various tasks in the game (for instance, start and finish lines, defeating an enemy, etc.) or could trigger stage changes (something becomes unavailable after a certain time, you lose if the countdown reaches zero, etc.) which would open a whole new dimension of timed event stages.

In-game Counters - Can be combined/used in tandem with with the Start/Stop triggersYou can set an event occurence to a display counter (number of Tellies murdered, number of hits taken, etc.) with goal specification that allows for various outcomes when specified goals are met (ex: kill 100 Mets without dying and get a special power not otherwise collectible, end the stage, etc.).

Currency System - It says Shops have be deconfirmed, but what about the concept of in-game purchases? Say, you can collect gears like coins and features like the energy spawner has a price requirement? Or doors you can pay to bypass? Maybe you can call Eddie once a certain amount has been met? Regardless, even if the purpose of collecting gears/coins was to just earn a free Yashichi effect or some kind of collection trigger, having a coin system in place would allow for an incredible expansion of stage possibilities.

Gamble Trigger - To build things like slot machines and other vending machines, etc. Start/stop trigger wired to a display and certain met conditons. Get a free E tank if three 1-Up's appear, etc. Wild idea for sure.

Collapsing Stage - disable to ability to move backwards in a stage. This is a pure afterthought,

Ok, so once again I apologize for hijaking your thread but I think your idea is a great one that leads to a lot of other possibilities to take MMMaker in whole new directions and dimensions.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

AppendixOfTheCards wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm
Currency System - It says Shops have be deconfirmed, but what about the concept of in-game purchases? Say, you can collect gears like coins and features like the energy spawner has a price requirement? Or doors you can pay to bypass? Maybe you can call Eddie once a certain amount has been met? Regardless, even if the purpose of collecting gears/coins was to just earn a free Yashichi effect or some kind of collection trigger, having a coin system in place would allow for an incredible expansion of stage possibilities.
Keys can already be used as a makeshift currency system.

The player can hold a total of 7, and can "spend" them to open Key Doors, to obtain power-ups or character/weapon capsules. I've seen various levels make shop systems out of this concept.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

The player can hold a total of 7, and can "spend" them to open Key Doors, to obtain power-ups or character/weapon capsules. I've seen various levels make shop systems out of this concept.
Yeah, it's a shockingly simple concept to stumble upon, and it's also different from what I am suggesting, but thank you.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:49 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Yeah, it's a shockingly simple concept to stumble upon, and it's also different from what I am suggesting, but thank you.
I'm sorry for the brusqueness, I need to learn to not internet while at work.