*LEVEL REMOVED*

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Tyler-bot

*LEVEL REMOVED*

Post by Tyler-bot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Another level that is one of my personal favorites. So naturally when I learned of the TNT blocks I said: "This stage is getting a re-haul!" Hopefully I can have this out by early summer! Hope you all try the new version! Thanks to all who played the previous one!

Type: Traditional/fortress
Length: Medium
Difficulty: Hard
Megaman Mechanics: Slide, no Charge-Shot
Protoman Mechanics: Double-Damage enabled
Weapons: Dive-Missile (optional)
E-Tanks: 1 (optional)
M-Tanks: 0

Choose the character you are most comfortable playing as and get ready to blast your way to the boss!

Bomb-Thrown is an all-new enemy-type that I've added to this stage. They definitely fit the theme!

These time-bomb platforming puzzles are way easier than they look...

If players happen to miss a jump and the bomb-platforms explode... just use these 're-set' teleporters to get the platforms back and try again!

The final stretch will be an exercise in timing and platforming skill.

(ID:???)
Last edited by Tyler-bot on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

LightDaemon

Re: Blasting-Zone (ID:296469)

Post by LightDaemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 pm

I'm poorly-skilled. From what I've played, it requires an extreme precision and it was tedious.
This account has been hacked by Wood Man - Kossaku

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 pm

- Ok. You are entitled to your opinion. Thanks for the feedback, dude!

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Tyler-bot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 pm
- Ok. You are entitled to your opinion. Thanks for the feedback, dude!
I'll probably finish it later and give a constructive feedback.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:14 pm

This is by far the most exact, unfair, punishing level you've ever created. I didn't like a ton of your older levels, but they were far better.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 pm

-Thanks a heap! So this is more like a kaizo level then?

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm

I gave the level another try. It was kinda tedious at times, but in a good way. Overall, I really enjoyed it. It's far from being a kaizo level, it's just a bit hard. There were some very interesting platforming sections with these bombs.

Amazing stage, good job.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm

LightDaemon wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm
I gave the level another try. It was kinda tedious at times, but in a good way. Overall, I really enjoyed it. It's far from being a kaizo level, it's just a bit hard. There were some very interesting platforming sections with these bombs.

Amazing stage, good job.
- Thanks for giving it another try! I was worried about the difficulty being too much but ultimately decided to keep it where it was. Glad to hear you don't think it was kaizo-level difficulty as that was never my intent. Hope you give my next upload a spin! Keep your fingers crossed for 1.5! -Ty

TrashMan69

Post by TrashMan69 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm

This is a fantastic stage!
Its really gimmicky but it uses those gimmicks really well and to their fullest ability
the level kept me on my feet the whole time and really encourages the player to go fast which can sometimes lead to your death, but that doesn't even bother me at all tbh
I really have nothing else to say other than this was a fantastic display of what count bombs and good design can do together!
Awesome work! :mrgreen:
Looks like we're Cutting to the chase now, i know ive Graved Your attention recently but were were havin a lot of Phun! Oh well, it all ends up in the Trash can one day...

I'm waiting G Force

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 pm

TrashMan69 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm
This is a fantastic stage!
Its really gimmicky but it uses those gimmicks really well and to their fullest ability
the level kept me on my feet the whole time and really encourages the player to go fast which can sometimes lead to your death, but that doesn't even bother me at all tbh
I really have nothing else to say other than this was a fantastic display of what count bombs and good design can do together!
Awesome work! :mrgreen:
- Thanks for the playthrough! Really glad you enjoyed it! I've been trying to make more intense platforming sections that keep the player on their toes and it's definitely been hit or miss :) . Thanks again and I hope you try out my next upload! -Ty

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:25 am

This level is long, tedious, annoying and overall extremely frustrating. It requires an extreme precision and the lack of checkpoints doesn't help. Sorry, I didn't like.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 am

LightDaemon wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:25 am
This level is long, tedious, annoying and overall extremely frustrating. It requires an extreme precision and the lack of checkpoints doesn't help. Sorry, I didn't like.
-Thanks for another playthrough! Feedback taken into consideration for future uploads! Sorry it was too difficult for you.
-Ty

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 am
LightDaemon wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:25 am
-Thanks for another playthrough! Feedback taken into consideration for future uploads! Sorry it was too difficult for you.
-Ty
Sorry, it was a stupid joke.

Signed, that guy.

Real feedback is above.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm

I will play this stage to completion. So far, I am only at the Dive Missile section. The count-bomb jumps feel very precise. I am playing with a cheap gamepad so that might be part of the problem but a little leeway to actually stand up and jump might make for less agitation. Will keep you updated.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:00 am

AppendixOfTheCards wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm
I will play this stage to completion. So far, I am only at the Dive Missile section. The count-bomb jumps feel very precise. I am playing with a cheap gamepad so that might be part of the problem but a little leeway to actually stand up and jump might make for less agitation. Will keep you updated.
- Yes, this stage is intended to be harder than average. But I tried to make the platforming fast yet relatively simple. If you notice... most, if not all deaths in this stage are at the fault of the player... not cheap/unfair design... at least that was my intention. I also play with a gamepad, though it's a wired X-Box controller that wasn't that cheap if i remember correctly. I find it next to impossible to play this game (or any other) w/ a keyboard :D , and so quickly elected to order the controller. Either way, I hope you still give it another try! Thanks a bunch! -Ty

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:24 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:00 am
- Yes, this stage is intended to be harder than average. But I tried to make the platforming fast yet relatively simple. If you notice... most, if not all deaths in this stage are at the fault of the player... not cheap/unfair design... at least that was my intention. I also play with a gamepad, though it's a wired X-Box controller that wasn't that cheap if i remember correctly. I find it next to impossible to play this game (or any other) w/ a keyboard :D , and so quickly elected to order the controller. Either way, I hope you still give it another try! Thanks a bunch! -Ty
Ah, I see, I didn't realize that I am the problem with the stage. Thank you for explaining and good luck with your MMMaking!

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 am

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:24 am
Tyler-bot wrote:
Ah, I see, I didn't realize that I am the problem with the stage. Thank you for explaining and good luck with your MMMaking!
- Uh. Ok. I didn't say you were the problem. I was saying i didn't intend to make anything cheap in design (even if it was). Like a troll stage or something. Deaths in traditional-type stages (IMO) should be the fault of player error, not because there are spammed enemies, super tight jumps and all that. That's what i was referring to... Not that you were a problem. One extra time-bomb when coming out of a slide was the room to stand up and jump you were referring to right? But that got me thinking your controller might be the issue, as you stated having a cheap gamepad. But then again I know that when playing this level there are certain parts where the game kind of stutters and button-presses get dropped, which seems to be the case with larger stages. I trimmed out a few rooms but stuttering still occurs. The Dive-Missile section is no exception. Either way, I'm sorry you took offense. You have fun MMMaking also!

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:14 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
- When you were saying you thought more room to stand up and jump would make for less agitation I am taking a guess and saying this is just one spot you were referring to. (Also, the game seems to stutter right around this spot when I play and my button presses don't always register) :

This part i can smack my head when trying to come out of the slide and jump up to the bombs on the left. The other area that is suspect is the room above this with the spike ceiling, just after the check-point.

GamerFromTheWeb

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 am

I honestly thought that the platforming sections themselves were pretty easy by themselves. My only problem were the enemies, there's actually some RNG with the enemies. Sometimes the fly cannons are a bit too high and can make some platforming sections impossible. Not your fault, I think that you should try and rework the stage so the enemies in the platforming are more consistent. Other than that, it's a very nice stage. Very challenging, and visuals are decent. I really enjoyed this one despite some randomness.
8/10
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel
or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 am
Tyler-bot wrote:

- Uh. Ok. I didn't say you were the problem. I was saying i didn't intend to make anything cheap in design (even if it was). Like a troll stage or something. Deaths in traditional-type stages (IMO) should be the fault of player error, not because there are spammed enemies, super tight jumps and all that. That's what i was referring to... Not that you were a problem. One extra time-bomb when coming out of a slide was the room to stand up and jump you were referring to right? But that got me thinking your controller might be the issue, as you stated having a cheap gamepad. But then again I know that when playing this level there are certain parts where the game kind of stutters and button-presses get dropped, which seems to be the case with larger stages. I trimmed out a few rooms but stuttering still occurs. The Dive-Missile section is no exception. Either way, I'm sorry you took offense. You have fun MMMaking also!
I'm not calling you cheap or anything derogatory. The play is above my current ability as a gamer and intended to be that way. I know other people have the skill to clear it and enjoy the style, so that means my problem with the stage is me. It looks nice, I hope to find something by you more on my level someday.