Starts off as a remake of Fireman then becomes something else

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Kiranger

Starts off as a remake of Fireman then becomes something else

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:15 am

When the Retro Redux Challange took place I was thinking of participating with a remake of Fireman's level but eventually the level became something else so I didn't participate.
Don't really have that much to say, as usual.
Would probably say that the difficulty is somewhere between medium and hard.
Normally I make those neat maps with screenshots but I didn't feel this level had visual appeal enough for one so I skipped it.

2019-03-20: Improved the stage quite a bit and reuploaded.

Direct link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=305250
Last edited by Kiranger on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CLW Enterainment

Re: Starts off as a remake of Fireman then becomes something else

Post by CLW Enterainment » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:20 am

Kiranger wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:15 am
I'm not 100% sure if the spelling is correct, have my doubts about 'of' or 'off' and 'a' or 'an'.
But anyway, when the Retro Redux Challange took place I was thinking of participating with a remake of Fireman's level but eventually the level became something else so I didn't participate.
Normally I make those neat maps with screenshots but I didn't feel this level had visual appeal enough for one so I skipped it.
Direct link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=304194
Kiranger if your a Fanduber alt you can create your own levels with your ass for all I care, if you need some help I can shove some up there for YOU! :lol:

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:52 am

CLW Enterainment wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:20 am
Kiranger wrote:
I'm not 100% sure if the spelling is correct, have my doubts about 'of' or 'off' and 'a' or 'an'.
But anyway, when the Retro Redux Challange took place I was thinking of participating with a remake of Fireman's level but eventually the level became something else so I didn't participate.
Kiranger if your a Fanduber alt you can create your own levels with your ass for all I care, if you need some help I can shove some up there for YOU! :lol:

Nickelasse

Post by Nickelasse » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 pm

I'll try this one out eventually!

What happened to your other stage: Zero* out of a million that you showcased as W.I.P some time back?
(Just curious if the complete level was uploaded).

Building easier levels made me realize how difficult it is to keep a stage "light" yet interesting at the same time. It is a fun challenge projected to the creator rather than to the player. ;)

Kun fu Cuts Man
Discord: Kun fu Cuts Man#6955

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Oh boi...
The stage was actually nice! Like you said, it went from Fireman to trash disposal. But there are exactly two problems that make the stage bad:
  1. Enemy density was high, and sometimes it felt like spam.
  2. THE FRSKING BOSS ARENA!!!!! BOMBMAN ALONE WOULD BE GREAT, BUT THE BULLET BILLS KILLED ME TO THE POINT OF MAKING ME QUIT THE STAGE! AND BOMBMAN DIDN´ T HAD A WEAKNESS AND WAS INMUNE TO T. SLOW!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
*Recovers sanity*
Anyway, those were the problems I had, and just to mention I had some close moments that T. Slow helped me to get through.

7.5/10 just because of the boss arena.
Does this count?

Coming after 1.5 comes out, probably... but with 1.4 things... most likely...

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Nickelasse wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 pm
I'll try this one out eventually!

What happened to your other stage: Zero* out of a million that you showcased as W.I.P some time back?
(Just curious if the complete level was uploaded).
That level is reeeally really retarded long right long, I have a pretty decent computer so I can play it with no bigger problems but if someone would try it on a laptop or older computer then I'm pretty sure that computer would have a mental breakdown.
So when it's done it will probably be one of those deals where it might be kind of cool to just look at the map since it almost most certenly will be as big as all levels from Mega Man 1 combined, but the loading time and very possible lag will probably make the downvotes just pour all over the level.
Here's sort of a timelapse when I try to beat it as fast as possible without any deaths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYn-qsgMfY
Since I'm very well aware I went overboard with it I wouldn't be disappointed in any way if you skipped it when I upload it, in fact, if you could see how many people actually have played your level all the way trough so that star appears on the level then it would have 0 complete playtroughs forever, haha : P

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Kun fu Cuts Man wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:24 pm
Oh boi...
The stage was actually nice! Like you said, it went from Fireman to trash disposal. But there are exactly two problems that make the stage bad:
  1. Enemy density was high, and sometimes it felt like spam.
  2. THE FRSKING BOSS ARENA!!!!! BOMBMAN ALONE WOULD BE GREAT, BUT THE BULLET BILLS KILLED ME TO THE POINT OF MAKING ME QUIT THE STAGE! AND BOMBMAN DIDN´ T HAD A WEAKNESS AND WAS INMUNE TO T. SLOW!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
*Recovers sanity*
Anyway, those were the problems I had, and just to mention I had some close moments that T. Slow helped me to get through.

7.5/10 just because of the boss arena.
His main weakness is the Dive Missile and the secondary Crash Bomb, but the Dive Missile is semi-hidden and the Crash Bombs are almost not worth using at all on the boss : P
I hate that one laser is missing in the boss room, it's there in the editor but not when playing the level, it looks terrible : d

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Major enemy spam in the beginning of the level turned me off
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:46 pm
Last edited by Kiranger on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Kiranger wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
I think just 'a couple of rooms with above average amount of emenies' is more fitting. 'Spam' is used way too frequently for the smallest thing on this forum.
Last edited by Kiranger on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Kiranger wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Nigel Chinclucker wrote:

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Kiranger wrote:
This whole topic is acting up, I'm trying to edit stuff and instead it just keeps adding posts.
So I probably won't respond to more stuff, almost afraid it will create 100 posts with nothing in them and being banned because someone maybe thinks I'm doing it on purpose.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Level is okay, but I feel its a bit rough and could be revised in some aspects.

* Enemy/hazard density on some screens are very overwhelming, some of which require what feels like complex or awkward methods to get through without getting hit, and some others feel like it comes down to luck to get everything aligned in such a way to get though unscathed. This gets especially frustrating at times when using Proto Man as he takes double damage from everything.

* One problem I found very frequently (at least in the earlier parts of the level) is regularly getting punished in different ways by things that are off-screened. One such example is that in some vertical rooms, the ceilings visually appear to have no roof, but when you jump near the ceiling, there is an off-screened roof on the screen directly above that the player can bonk their head off of and be unfairly sent tumbling down into any potential dangers below them. I've taken damage and even lost lives on some occasions due to this. Another example is the off-screened sliding tunnel that leads to Time Slow, which I made it back to with Mega Man and Mega Buster, only to be punished into redoing many screens of the level over again to go collect Proto Man, which I assumed was for an optional route through the level. These off-screened oversights make the player poorly informed and that lack of information can lead to unfair situations for the player.
Royalguard wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm
Unpopular Opinion:
I think Shadow Man is one of the most fun, satisfying, and well designed bosses in the entire Mega Man series.

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 pm

This is a decent level, however Proto Man should not be required.
Bernie Sanders's account.

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 pm
This is a decent level, however Proto Man should not be required.
Now that I've seen someone else play it I can understand that, I could almost feel the frustrating when I watched it.
And when you didn't use the E-tank after you picked it up i was like 'what are yOU DOING?!' but then you pulled it of like a pro anyway : d
I just also noticed that if you go for the M-tank without any Super Arrows left your stuck, so that's pretty bad too.

Kiranger

Post by Kiranger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:35 am

Royalguard wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Level is okay, but I feel its a bit rough and could be revised in some aspects.

* Enemy/hazard density on some screens are very overwhelming, some of which require what feels like complex or awkward methods to get through without getting hit, and some others feel like it comes down to luck to get everything aligned in such a way to get though unscathed. This gets especially frustrating at times when using Proto Man as he takes double damage from everything.

* One problem I found very frequently (at least in the earlier parts of the level) is regularly getting punished in different ways by things that are off-screened. One such example is that in some vertical rooms, the ceilings visually appear to have no roof, but when you jump near the ceiling, there is an off-screened roof on the screen directly above that the player can bonk their head off of and be unfairly sent tumbling down into any potential dangers below them. I've taken damage and even lost lives on some occasions due to this. Another example is the off-screened sliding tunnel that leads to Time Slow, which I made it back to with Mega Man and Mega Buster, only to be punished into redoing many screens of the level over again to go collect Proto Man, which I assumed was for an optional route through the level. These off-screened oversights make the player poorly informed and that lack of information can lead to unfair situations for the player.
Every time I make a level this thing always happens where I playtest it so much that it just kind of becomes a simple stroll for me where I obviously know where everything is and have my quickest route. Then when I upload it it's always like 'come ooon, it can't be that terrible when I see the downvotes. And finally when you kind of get lucky and get to see someone else play it like Yoshi did it's like 'oh... ... ... god damn it'. Haha, but yeah, it has it flaws for sure, but at least I usually get length and visuals right for the most parts : P
One thing I kind of have wondered about is how you can be so extremely active on the forums and yet I have never seen a level uploaded by you, or does it exist people that use Mega Man Maker almost entirely for just playing other peoples levels? : d

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:33 am

Kiranger wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:35 am
One thing I kind of have wondered about is how you can be so extremely active on the forums and yet I have never seen a level uploaded by you, or does it exist people that use Mega Man Maker almost entirely for just playing other peoples levels? : d
The problem with having perfectionist personality traits, is that I'm never satisfied with the quality of my own work.
Royalguard wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm
Unpopular Opinion:
I think Shadow Man is one of the most fun, satisfying, and well designed bosses in the entire Mega Man series.