My Xperience with Mega Man X

Discuss anything related to Mega Man
DAS

My Xperience with Mega Man X

Post by DAS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm

I've played Mega Man since the beginning when I played the original back in 1988, and have tried to keep up ever since, but there has been one series that has somehow gained a bigger following than the classic series, that of course being Mega Man X. Here is my experience with the series.

We start in February of 1994, when I noticed a new Mega Man game on store shelves called Mega Man X. It was almost completely different from what I was used to. It was clear that this Mega Man was completely different from the one I was used to. The game was pretty fun, but it didn't really have the right feel for me. While I was awaiting the inevitable Mega Man 7 release, this could fill that need for now, and I eventually picked up X2. Mega Man X2 is one of my favourites, with it having much richer detail compared to the first one, and I just can't stop listening to the music of this game. The original didn't have themes quite like Bubble Crab or Crystal Snail.

Then, after Mega Man 7 came out, we ended up getting another Mega Man X game on the SNES, of course known as X3. I'm skipping over the Xtreme series on Game Boy Colour because I've actually never played them. Anways, X3 had even more content to explore, music tracks to listen to, and a complete trilogy, but it felt underwhelming after Mega Man 7, since that game had so much extra detail.

And the rest is pretty much history from there. I enjoyed X4, only got to experience X5 and X6 on the X Collection on Gamecube since I didn't own an original Playstation, X7 is pretty much shit, and X8 is alright.
The man with the world's most anticlimactic cancer survival story.

In case you're wondering, Lucky 7 is a private group not open to new members.

Getan Und Gesagt

Mega1221
Discord: https://discord.gg/6vqGNqP

Re: My Xperience with Mega Man X

Post by Mega1221 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:41 pm

DAS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm
Xperience
I get it 😏
The date my fan game is coming out might be Mid/ Late January 2020.
Lol sorry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:09 pm

Personally my favorite X game (and favorite Mega man game of all time) was always X5. The reason why I love it was just that you never ever know if you will get the good ending or the bad ending. You don't even need to go and face the 8 mavericks, you could just go to the castle stages immediately. You can also try to collect items to help increase the chance of success but never truly know if they will work.
I am the leader of G-FORCE. If you wish to join please pm me or any other G-FORCE official.

BenPlusMM
Discord: Ben™ #6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:17 am

Gravitrax64 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:09 pm
Personally my favorite X game (and favorite Mega man game of all time) was always X5. The reason why I love it was just that you never ever know if you will get the good ending or the bad ending. You don't even need to go and face the 8 mavericks, you could just go to the castle stages immediately. You can also try to collect items to help increase the chance of success but never truly know if they will work.
That just makes you keep your incorrect faith in RNGesus that you actually get the good ending. GODDAMNIT PAULA PRAYING TO RNGESUS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA NEVER DO THAT AGAIN was in 1994.
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
Currently realizing that I suck at art.

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:27 am

BenPlusMM wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:17 am
Gravitrax64 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:09 pm
That just makes you keep your incorrect faith in RNGesus that you actually get the good ending. GODDAMNIT PAULA PRAYING TO RNGESUS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA NEVER DO THAT AGAIN was in 1994.
Say whatever. I thought it was the most clever concept.
I am the leader of G-FORCE. If you wish to join please pm me or any other G-FORCE official.