Megaman 1 Upgraded

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Redcrazykirby

Megaman 1 Upgraded

Post by Redcrazykirby » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi everyone !

This compilation I've made is my version of MMPU in 8-bit.
Something that I wished for since ages, so thanks to the MMMaker team to make this possible for us !

I wanted to make levels that recreate the same atmosphere as Megaman 4-5-6 (those are my favourites), with the same kind of graphic touch.
I take some liberties to add several ennemies from other MM game to reinforce the theme of each stage.

You can access directly to the stage by clicking on the Robot Master name.

ICE MAN (ID : 325184)

CUT MAN (ID : 325204)

GUTS MAN (ID : 325202)

BOMB MAN (ID : 327263)

ELEC MAN (ID : 325194)

OIL MAN (ID : 325192)

TIME MAN (ID : 325197)

FIRE MAN (ID : 325185)

Loading Time Man Stage can take a while. I know it's annoying, but please be patient.

Every Robot Master takes their MMPU weaknesses as major weaknesses, and Original MM1 weaknesses as second weaknesses (except for Fire Man => Time Slow as second weakness, and Cut Man => Oil Slider as second weakness)
For Time Man & Oil Man, their second weaknesses are respectively Ice Slasher and Power Stone (replaces Super Arm)

In each level, you've got an alternative path just like in MMPU which require a special weapon to access, and lead to a secret key.

The game rule is, by collecting the eight keys, you can access to the Shine special weapon.

Each levels begin by a room where you can choose which special weapons you've already gain, then you've got a second room where you can pick the Shine weapon if you've collected the eight keys. Of course you're perfectly free to cheat or to play by the game rules, it's up to you. The point is having fun ! Thunder Beam is associate with the Rush Jet Pack, and Power Stone (Super Arm) is associate with the Rush Power Pack.

I'm currently buildings the levels for Wily Castle, but since I want to do something like MM4-5-6, I would like to have 2 series of 4 stages each. Those levels are not gonna be complete copies of MMPU, but a mix between PU, the original NES game, some other MM levels, and some creation of mine.

Hope you're gonna enjoy the game ! Feel free to give me some advice :)
Last edited by Redcrazykirby on Sat May 18, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Re: Megaman 1 Upgraded

Post by Blast Man » Fri May 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Nice idea!

Fittingly this is close to the time i am making a powered up mod. lol
Unsatisfied Cut Man.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8377

Sixsack

Post by Sixsack » Sat May 18, 2019 3:28 am

Man these aesthetics look so good!
Toad Man is best Robot Master

Omegavsgamingthehack

Post by Omegavsgamingthehack » Sat May 18, 2019 4:54 am

All of the stages look beautiful, man.

I just now started playing this level series, and I've found a little small error in Bomb Man's stage.

Yeah, you forgot to move that extra room somewhere else.
Blue eyes white dragon! White lightning!

RP:
DRWR RP

Redcrazykirby

Post by Redcrazykirby » Sat May 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Thanks you so much for the positive feedbacks guys :D

And thanks Omegavsgamingthehack, this little tile just escaped me ^^ It is now fixed.
Hope you enjoyed the whole level serie if you finished it :)